(Topic ID: 248130)

Which Shaker kit? Pinsound or Pinshakers?

By toasterman04

82 days ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by websherpa
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4693 (resized).JPG
    da9 (resized).jpg
    something_something.jpg
    DSCN3439 (resized).JPG
    pin sound.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 82 days ago

I am leaning towards pinshaker, first to post/announce and his game selection is superior so far. $10 price difference is not large enough to sway me and I am sure he will match pinshaker price if push comes to shove. I would imagine shipping within states would be faster and cheaper. I would assume pinsound will be having to cross the pond.

#16 82 days ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Guess it's going to depend on how a person wants to trigger the shaker, and how granular they want to get as far as customizing those triggers.
    Differences from what I can see:

Pinshakers:You can turn on or off up to 8 individual triggers for the shaker. Comes with 2 different wiring harnesses (you only using 1 at a time) - and you use whichever harness gives you access to the set of triggers you want to use.
    In the AFM example Robert posted (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit/page/2#post-5115452) it looks like you would use Harness "A" to trigger off of different flashers, or Harness "B" to trigger off of solenoids (slingshot, pop bumper, etc.)
    But it's an either/or situation - if you wanted to use the ramp flashers and the pop bumpers as triggers, it seems like you're SOL.

PinSound:Triggered by sound calls (at least if you're connecting through their PinSound board.) Set a trigger for a low haptic rumble when Rudy starts snoring in Funhouse, and a different shaker intensity (or none at all) when he's talking.
    PinSound says they'll release configs every week for different games, but if you've used a PinSound board you know the real fun (and frustration) is in making your own configuration.
    Initially, as I already have a PinSound in the machine I want to add a shaker to, I'll likely go with PinSound as the customization options seem far greater. Of course if there's an instance where a flasher or solenoid trigger might be more appropriate, why not a 2-shaker machine?

But what if you do not have a Pinsound board already? How does it trigger? If you dont have the sound board then I assume you have to use it just like the pinshaker and trigger off of flashers, etc...

Makes sense, if you have a pinsound board already then it is a no brainer to go with pinsound I would think.

#19 82 days ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

i thought with pinsound you NEED the board to make it work. they are making theirs work off sound not driven components.

that is what I thought. so you have to have the pinsound board which is like $400 or something. You would have to have it to trigger off of sounds I would think.

#21 82 days ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

[quoted image]

so it would not be sound activated then without a pinsound board or are they saying they are creating a way to do the sound activation without the current pinsound board? it would just trigger off of flashers and such just like pinshaker?

1 month later
    #32 47 days ago

I own 2 pinshakers kits and could not be happier with them. Top quality, easy install, and it is my favorite mod now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 19.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside