(Topic ID: 219129)

Which rock band deserves a pinball.

By Coolpinballdino

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which rock band deserves a pinball.”

• Led Zeppelin 82 votes
      16%
    • Judas Priest 20 votes
      4%
    • Van Halen 44 votes
      9%
    • Queen 50 votes
      10%
    • Black Sabbath 43 votes
      8%
    • Pink Floyd 54 votes
      11%
    • Def Leppard 22 votes
      4%
    • Megadeth 22 votes
      4%
    • Scorpions 11 votes
      2%
    • Mötley Crüe 28 votes
      5%
    • Bon Jovi 6 votes
      1%
    • Rush 43 votes
      8%
    • ZZ Top 18 votes
      4%
    • Ramones 22 votes
      4%
    • Other.... 25 votes
      5%
    • Other.... 21 votes
      4%

(Multiple choice - 511 votes by 272 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

30174f19-efd2-4b27-b1f5-ef6a7a294124_1.11c57678ae61f634d7f0f0b862b20c29 (resized).jpeg
    93358702_10158324457504136_5539809974143680512_o (resized).jpg
    Bruce (resized).jpg
    294b5d8070d7e4fb8600b242190aee4c025f3b82 (resized).jpg
    0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg
    IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5414 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5415 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5416 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5417 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5419 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5420 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5421 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5422 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5423 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5424 (resized).jpg
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

Think we have enough music pins... lets get some fresh themes please

#52 5 years ago

An Oingo Boingo Forbidden Zone pin seems necessary.

#53 5 years ago

The real question is what band does pinball deserve.....

#54 5 years ago

Van Halen or Foo Fighters would be my choices for purchasing another band theme pin.

#55 5 years ago

I'm going with Lloyd on this one.

Vampire Weekend or perhaps an indy rock compilation. Several newer bands and maybe a classic or two likes Janes Addiction and Smashing Pumpkins in a rock festival atmosphere like Coachella or Lolapalooza. The game takes place at the festival. Guaranteed money maker on location.

#56 5 years ago

Megadeth or Slayer

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

An Oingo Boingo Forbidden Zone pin seems necessary.

Odd that you mention it, because John Trudeau's final project at Stern was indeed Oingo Boingo

Oingo Boingo - Little Girls

Wow, that video really takes you a back.....

#58 5 years ago

Motorhead

#59 5 years ago

Devo would fit a retheme layout.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Devo would fit a retheme layout.

Pinbot already has the hat.

#61 5 years ago

Looks like Led Zeppelin is winning in the poll.

led zeppelin (resized).jpgled zeppelin (resized).jpg
    #62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Looks like Led Zeppelin is winning in the poll.

Perhaps they will retheme LOTR?

Bvdu7a1IAAA3yfE (resized).pngBvdu7a1IAAA3yfE (resized).png
    #63 5 years ago

I voted for Queen!
    So much possibilities with so many songs.
    From Bicycle Race to We Will Roch You and We are the Champions.
    Even One Vision and It's a Kind of Magic.

#64 5 years ago

At the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown this month in Denver, somebody brought in a custom Led Zeppelin machine re-themed from a Bally 1977 Evel Knievel. Very nicely done and still a work in progress - graphically and functionally complete, he was still working on replacing the sound/chimes with snippits of Zep tunes.

The "Ramble On" light is a nice touch replacing "Same Player Shoots Again" as are the nods to Plant painted drop targets, JPJ targets, Jimmy lights, and Bonzo lights at the top of the playfield.

IMG_5412 (resized).jpgIMG_5412 (resized).jpgIMG_5414 (resized).jpgIMG_5414 (resized).jpgIMG_5415 (resized).jpgIMG_5415 (resized).jpgIMG_5416 (resized).jpgIMG_5416 (resized).jpgIMG_5417 (resized).jpgIMG_5417 (resized).jpgIMG_5419 (resized).jpgIMG_5419 (resized).jpgIMG_5420 (resized).jpgIMG_5420 (resized).jpgIMG_5421 (resized).jpgIMG_5421 (resized).jpgIMG_5422 (resized).jpgIMG_5422 (resized).jpgIMG_5423 (resized).jpgIMG_5423 (resized).jpgIMG_5424 (resized).jpgIMG_5424 (resized).jpgIMG_5425 (resized).jpgIMG_5425 (resized).jpgIMG_5428 (resized).jpgIMG_5428 (resized).jpg
    #65 5 years ago
    0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg294b5d8070d7e4fb8600b242190aee4c025f3b82 (resized).jpg294b5d8070d7e4fb8600b242190aee4c025f3b82 (resized).jpg
    #66 5 years ago

Lots of great choices on list, I believe some will be made somewhere down the road before we are all dead and gone. Some are bigger than others. I wish for a Monsters of Rock pin kind of like the game Brutal Legend I think would work. I want a Motörhead pin as did Lemmy. Might not be the most popular but one day at least one will be made. Still think Castlevania would work best with artwork and its music.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

At the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown this month in Denver, somebody brought in a custom Led Zeppelin machine re-themed from a Bally 1977 Evel Knievel. Very nicely done and still a work in progress - graphically and functionally complete, he was still working on replacing the sound/chimes with snippits of Zep tunes.
    The "Ramble On" light is a nice touch replacing "Same Player Shoots Again" as are the nods to Plant painted drop targets, JPJ targets, Jimmy lights, and Bonzo lights at the top of the playfield.

Wow very cool looking.

1 month later
    #68 5 years ago

I actually wish they would do a Micheal Jackson pin. The dude had incredible talent. Its a damn shame he died so young.

#69 5 years ago

A Weird Al Yankovic pin has sooooooooooooooooooo much potential.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Its a damn shame he died so young.

Well he liked to do everything young.

#71 5 years ago

TOOL

Should be a no brainer. Kick ass pinball playing music, superb following, and sweet art packages to choose from.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he liked to do everything young.

I have zero tolerance for pedos and if he truly was diddling those kids he deserved to go to jail or worse but I kind of think that MJ was just someone that loved kids. He never had a childhood and he wanted to have one and have fun with children. Weird yes, criminal no. Surely someone besides the one child whose parents filed suit against him would have said something. Could I be wrong? Yep I could. We all know what freaks the Hollywierd types can be and how well they can hide it. He was still a very talented little nutjob and put on one hell of a show.

#73 5 years ago

VAN HALEN - cant believe it has yet to be made - second would be RUSH

#74 5 years ago
    Bruce (resized).jpgBruce (resized).jpg
    #75 5 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Except I would go Rush first and then VH....

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Quoted from AJB4:

Except I would go Rush first and then VH....

Either order is ok with me. Come on Stern, build these before I die.

#77 5 years ago

Dave Mathews band could be cool.

#78 5 years ago

I can picture a Rush machine with 3 washing machine things like they did in concerts that are some sort of ball lock that rotates around- then spits them all out for a multiball - so many options

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

A Weird Al Yankovic pin has sooooooooooooooooooo much potential.

Agreed. I bet he would do callouts and get into it. That would be a really fun pin. Spinal Tap would also be great since you have music and movie clips.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Good music, but not exciting pinball music. And if you don't have exciting pinball music, you better have some amazing imagery. U2 doesn't have that.
    I like U2 modestly, but I certainly recognize their place among the greats. Name another band that's been around for 40 years still gets mainstream attention when they put out a new record? Hell, no one cared about the Stones after Tattoo You in 1981 and that was only 17 years after their first record.

U2 has many songs that could be integrated into a pinball theme (Vertigo, Elevation, Streets, etc). The problem is 1) U2 would never agree to license their music for pinball (never did for Rockband either) and, 2) the pinball community seems to favor heavy metal and hairbands.

Case in point: look at the bands listed in this poll. I wouldn't consider buying a pin of any of the bands listed but would for U2, Journey, or even Billy Idol. I like pinball but my music tastes apparently differ from a significant number of those in the pinball community.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have zero tolerance for pedos and if he truly was diddling those kids he deserved to go to jail or worse but I kind of think that MJ was just someone that loved kids. He never had a childhood and he wanted to have one and have fun with children. Weird yes, criminal no. Surely someone besides the one child whose parents filed suit against him would have said something. Could I be wrong? Yep I could. We all know what freaks the Hollywierd types can be and how well they can hide it. He was still a very talented little nutjob and put on one hell of a show.

Ummm... I think Jacko liked being around kids for more reasons then you'd like to believe. No proof but the dude (I use that term loosely)
    clearly had major issues and I think you may be a bit naive here.

#82 5 years ago

Coheed & Cambria would be perfect

#83 5 years ago

It seems as if they all have one already....Maybe now they will start producing pins for the Cover Shams, I mean bands that are running around.

#84 5 years ago

I a creepy as hell TOOL inspired pin. Lots of weird Adam Jones and Alex Grey inspired art.

#85 5 years ago

I think people are voting for the best band. That is not really the question. All of these bands are great but which one would translate to pinball. I'm a huge Rush fan but Def Leppard would translate better to pinball.

#86 5 years ago

What about the Grateful Dead?

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

FLOYD!!! With a flying pig.

And dogs of war!

Modes:
    Welcome to the Machine
    One of These Days
    Brain Damage
    Comfortably Numb
    Young Lust
    Sheep
    Run Like Hell

#88 5 years ago

+! for DEVO

3 months later
    #90 5 years ago

Where is Ozzy??? Black Sabbath does not count.

#91 5 years ago

No Ramones???

#92 5 years ago

Boston and Def Leppard

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Where is Ozzy??? Black Sabbath does not count.

Pretty sure its the other way around.

#94 5 years ago

None, tired of them

1 week later
    #95 5 years ago

That list is off for best rock not roll bands, the great full waste of time dead no way and a few others

#96 5 years ago

Music and pinball are perfect for each other....the obvious ones to me are Def Leppard and Journey

#97 5 years ago

Pink Floyd! Just think about, You hit that start button and that base riff begins from “One of these days”.

#98 5 years ago

Zepplin would work well also and while a fan of Floyd and some of the other bands listed its not pinball music.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

TOOL
    Should be a no brainer. Kick ass pinball playing music, superb following, and sweet art packages to choose from.

Rammstein destroyed Tool when they played at the same gig in Australia GC 2011 was a true gem.

Rammstein was up first, Tool didn't know what hit em' they were humbled and the show finished early.

I still dig some Tool but Rammstein even as fucked up as they are can really punch an epic show !

Unforgettable even in my party savor flavor ! another average recording from my old phone at the time, I think Nokia, lol

Rammstein Pinball could have many cool modes and a heart pumping soundtrack.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Zepplin would work well also and while a fan of Floyd and some of the other bands listed its not pinball music.

Oh yeah man,

That's the big 4 next level !

Hell yeah !

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-rock-band-deserves-a-pinball/page/2?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.