(Topic ID: 156289)

Which Retro Licensed Pinball Theme Not From The 80s Would You Like To See Next?

By o-din

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

toramain5_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    large_vBxZpSulJCNNH5VonyUjZHaDJek_(resized).jpg
    2013-08-01-scarface_1932_(resized).jpg
    p7975_p_v8_aa_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    AnimalHouseThankYou_(resized).jpg
    ppball_(resized).jpg
    tumblr_n5iuagmjyh1s2jb5co1_400.gif
    mad-monster-party-27_(resized).png
    madmonsterparty-2_(resized).jpg
    download_(resized).jpg
    Young_Frankenstein_movie_poster_(resized).jpg
    _fartsinmovies_(resized).jpg
    a69901277fafe3371f8f614e1b032d6c_(resized).jpg
    Captain_Kangaroo_promotional_postcard_1961_(resized).JPG

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 7 years ago

Just a few:

51lOVdoJOkL._SX940__(resized).jpg51lOVdoJOkL._SX940__(resized).jpg

Aladdin_(resized).jpgAladdin_(resized).jpg

beavis-butt-head_(resized).jpgbeavis-butt-head_(resized).jpg

dexters-laboratory_(resized).jpgdexters-laboratory_(resized).jpg

maxresdefault_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(resized).jpg

The_Adventures_of_Jimmy_Neutron_Boy_Genius_(Title_Card)_(resized).pngThe_Adventures_of_Jimmy_Neutron_Boy_Genius_(Title_Card)_(resized).png

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

One of my dream themes-Mission Impossible with tons of hurry ups. The music alone makes this theme worthy.

Nice! I can totally see that

#203 7 years ago

Beavis and Butthead. Never thought of that, that would absolutely rule as a pinball machine. Please make, I will buy.

#204 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Beavis and Butthead. Never thought of that, that would absolutely rule as a pinball machine. Please make, I will buy.

I'm in on that one also.

#205 7 years ago

Here is a great one!

18327_(resized).jpg18327_(resized).jpg

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

How exactly has no one mentioned a Bruce Lee Pinball machine? I would be all over that. I could dig The Crow too. Have martial arts and pinball ever crossed paths? Why not?

I agree 1000% on Bruce Lee! Not a big fan of The Crow, though. There have been two martial arts pins I know of: Dragon Fist and Black Belt.

Now here's a theme that covers martial arts AND 70s blaxploitation!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Urethane multiball!

Needs to include a half pipe and skate park:

I say bill & ted, part 3 is about to start filming
    http://www.slashfilm.com/bill-ted-3-update/

#209 7 years ago

Modern:

Fallout / Bioshock
    Portal
    Battlestar Galactica
    Firefly
    Buffy
    Preacher
    Sandman
    Watchmen
    Lexx. F&*king please someone make a Lexx pinball.

Ancient:

Maltese Falcon - a "find the maguffin" quest movie lends itself nicely to a pinball and modes.
    Metropolis

#210 7 years ago

themechanic_poster_(resized).jpegthemechanic_poster_(resized).jpeg

the-mechanic-1972-vincent-bronson_(resized).jpgthe-mechanic-1972-vincent-bronson_(resized).jpg

#211 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#212 7 years ago

#214 7 years ago

Ha! The wraith is a guilty pleasure movie for me too. LOVED that car growing up.

#215 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

When I say "Lost in Space" it is not my fault they remade that crap! Original could be done really well.

A pinball machine based on the first season would be the best. The later seasons got weird and campy, but the dark and dissonance of the first season really would be nice to see on a pinball machine.

#216 7 years ago

Dr. Smith FTW!

3fdad5fd376a7560959bf803d0205a48_(resized).jpg3fdad5fd376a7560959bf803d0205a48_(resized).jpg

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Plenty still from the 80's to go:

Poison
    Bon Jovi
    Milli Vanilli

ummmmmm. yeah, no....

#218 7 years ago

Will the real Captain Kirk please stand up?

#219 7 years ago

tencommandments-07_(resized).jpgtencommandments-07_(resized).jpg

#220 7 years ago

ben-hur_belgian_(resized).jpgben-hur_belgian_(resized).jpg

from a reworked NASCAR

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Will the real Captain Kirk please stand up?

i dont know about you but to me his captain kirk looks like the Michelin man

#222 7 years ago

Come on.
    1966 Batman. 50th anniversary this year.
    And it was advertised on TV "IN COLOR"

Batman dark knight rethemed vault. With Stern's first color display.

You all know its coming.

1406736738_Batman-TV-600x335_(resized).jpg1406736738_Batman-TV-600x335_(resized).jpg

#223 7 years ago

My dream theme now would be a campy "King of Tokyo". I actually really like the art style from the board game. The warm and cool contrast remind me of a game like Monster Bash. This theme would borrow heavily from the Kaiju films which started in the 30s, 50s, etc.

king_of_tokyo_by_benjamin_raynal-d55bkr2_(resized).jpgking_of_tokyo_by_benjamin_raynal-d55bkr2_(resized).jpg

#224 7 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

My dream theme now would be a campy "King of Tokyo". I actually really like the art style from the board game. The warm and cool contrast remind me of a game like Monster Bash. This theme would borrow heavily from the Kaiju films which started in the 30s, 50s, etc.
    king_of_tokyo_by_benjamin_raynal-d55bkr2_(resized).jpg

That could work really well.

- Pick a monster at startup like picking a side in TF.
    - Battle the other monsters for game challenges.
    - Have a mini playfield and gameplay in there is "in Tokyo" and gameplay applies to all other monsters.
    - Successful combos build up dice rolls and damage whatever monster has cycled into Tokyo, and/or heal yourself (if you can rack up 20 health points, you capture an extra ball).
    - Maybe ball locks are like racking up energy cubes, and you can spend them to choose a powerup at the start of multiball.
    - Successfully completing the multiball challenge makes that powerup permanent.

This theme is a great idea!

#225 7 years ago

oops, double post.

#226 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

Comedy horror please, particularly if it involves Stephen King and/or George A Romero.

Creepshow_Plume_(resized).jpgThe_Return_of_the_Living_Dead_(film)_(resized).jpg

No No No to creepshow....riddled with Comic Sans!

#227 7 years ago

I noticed there are several Irwin Allen movies and TV shows mentioned so this should be in the running tooimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#228 7 years ago

poster_02_(resized).jpgposter_02_(resized).jpg

#229 7 years ago

220px-Stalag_17_(resized).jpeg220px-Stalag_17_(resized).jpeg

stalag-3_(resized).jpgstalag-3_(resized).jpg

#230 7 years ago

Caddyshack would be great. Lots of classic lines.

2016-04-09-15-02-54-913731390.jpeg2016-04-09-15-02-54-913731390.jpeg

#231 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ha! The wraith is a guilty pleasure movie for me too. LOVED that car growing up.

Pontiac Banshee.

#232 7 years ago

Classic 80s cartoons.
    #1 being Scooby Doo. Mystery Machine smash toy, collecting Scooby Snacks, multiballs with the different characters, solving puzzles to see what old man was dressed as a ghost. Plus the colors/art of the show would really pop.

images-2.jpegimages-2.jpeg

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

2016-04-09-15-22-56-2001062824.jpeg2016-04-09-15-22-56-2001062824.jpeg

2016-04-09-15-35-30-913731390.jpeg2016-04-09-15-35-30-913731390.jpeg

#233 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Classic 80s cartoons.
    #1 being Scooby Doo.

Scooby Doo is OK here because it was from the 60s. So try to keep this thread from going off topic please!

#234 7 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Pontiac Banshee.

Nope.. somewhat similar looking, but the car in the movie was a dodge interceptor (based on the m4s turbo concept)
    http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/wraith-M4S.html

#235 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Scooby Doo is OK here because it was from the 60s. So try to keep this thread from going off topic please!

I'm a kid of late 70s/early 80s cartoons and didn't even realize scooby doo was 60s.
    Wwf snme to make up for that turd they released a few years back

2016-04-09-20-13-54-913731390.jpeg2016-04-09-20-13-54-913731390.jpeg

#236 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

I'm a kid of late 70s/early 80s cartoons and didn't even realize scooby doo was 60s.

I watched the first one and everyone after that. I've always liked cartoons, but the golden age of Saturday morning was definitely the late 60s until the Kroft brothers took over with all their shows. But in the 60s there was Scooby, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Hot Wheels, and many more.

#237 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I watched the first one and everyone after that. I've always liked cartoons, but the golden age of Saturday morning was definitely the late 60s until the Kroft brothers took over with all their shows. But in the 60s there was Scooby, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Hot Wheels, and many more.

Bonus of 80s was we had all the great 50s and 60s shows like looney tunes, spiderman, scooby doo, flintstones, jetsons, tom and jerry, mighty mouse and new shows like he-man, transformers, wwf superstars, inspector gadget, astroboy, garfield, etc...

#238 7 years ago

Having a kid in the 2000s I watched a lot of Spongebob and Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy among others. We had all those old skool cartoons you mentioned when I was a kid too, And some not so politically correct ones that no way would they show them now.

#239 7 years ago

Im sure this won't surprise anyone. But I hate all old movies as much as I hate all old games. Super out on all these themes. There's no such thing as a classic. The word "timeless" never applies to a movie. Anything more than about 15 years old looks super cheesy and all effects look silly.

#240 7 years ago

Columbo-Pointing-e1354687464658_(resized).jpgColumbo-Pointing-e1354687464658_(resized).jpg

#241 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I hate all old movies as much as I hate all old games. Super out on all these themes. There's no such thing as a classic.

I totally understand that. But since pinball has stopped dead in it's tracks theme wise for over 20 years now we have to take what we can get. The old man rock themes they chose do nothing for, and the movies they are chosing really suck. So if it's got to be old it might as well be cool. That's the purpose of this thread.

#242 7 years ago

This needs to be done so badly.....Truly Timeless

Heavy_Metal_(2)_(resized).jpgHeavy_Metal_(2)_(resized).jpg

#243 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Im sure this won't surprise anyone. But I hate all old movies as much as I hate all old games. Super out on all these themes. There's no such thing as a classic. The word "timeless" never applies to a movie. Anything more than about 15 years old looks super cheesy and all effects look silly.

You are so black & white Timeless can definitely apply to a movie...especially movies that aren't dominated by special effects. Even a Sci-Fi moving like Gattaca still seems modern (and it's going to be 20 years old next year...). Never say never...

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This is the golden age of pinball. From dead rock stars to movies some of you probably still have on Beta and VHS anything seems possible.
    As the aging modern pinball collector watches his hairline recede and his waistline grow large he can fill his house with these memorials to a simpler time before marriage, kids, never ending work weeks, and the high stress of internet forums for the meager price of six to eight thousand dollars a pop.
    Yes, this is truly the golden age of pinball. I think we've pretty much covered the 80s lately so I'd like to see more suggestions from some of the other great decades.

How about Emergency ? Maybe something set up like Rescue 911 with helicopter and Fire Engine.

#245 7 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Kolchak: The Night Stalker.
    Or, for a slightly more realistic (and probably better) option:

images_(resized).jpg

A retheme of Junkyard maybe would work.

#246 7 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

You are so black & white Timeless can definitely apply to a movie...especially movies that aren't dominated by special effects. Even a Sci-Fi moving like Gattaca still seems modern (and it's going to be 20 years old next year...). Never say never...

Well, everyone has different tastes that's for sure. But EVERY movie over 15 years old? Sheesh Mad Max or Road Warrior are just 2 that come to mind, either of those is still awesome today. Still fun to watch and the action is awesome, and they did all that without any fancy CGI, they just smashed and crashed cars like crazy the old-fashioned way with stunt people. I went and saw Fury Road, I liked it, it was crazy and of course the special effects were awesome, but it fell far short of those 2 originals. Also, what about Animal House? No one can hate Animal House, can they??

More opinions..that's all.

Anyway, original Mad Max was 1979, so it qualifies for O-Din's thread, just barely. A Mad Max machine would be pretty awesome for me.

#247 7 years ago

How about: Cannon ball run, strange brew, or clash of the titans

#248 7 years ago

The Dark Crystal.

#249 7 years ago

Return of the Living Dead, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St. Bride of Reaminator although it's 1990.

#250 7 years ago

Has this thread turned into "what show can I possibly remember from the 80s'"? Seriously would you purchase a pinball from 90% of the suggested themes here? Could they even license them? Could you picture a pinball machine from the suggestions?

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-retro-licensed-pinball-theme-would-you-like-to-see-next/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.