“If PPS's next machine was $8k which one would you buy?”

• Attack from Mars 48 votes
    24%
  • Monster Bash 82 votes
    40%
  • Big Bang Bar 73 votes
    36%

(203 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

After paying 4800 delivered for IMVE I don't think i can pay 8k for any game. I hope PPs can bring the numbers down otherwise I am out.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I really doubt we are going to see remakes of any WMS title below $6K.

I don't disagree, just making a statement of the price point it would have to be at to attract my interest. Of course, the flip side is that a remake will push down the price of the originals, as it's done with MM.

#53 4 years ago

My self imposed limit on games is 6500ish. I've given this a ton of thought and that's where I'm sticking(the MMR announcement drove me to do some soul searching). At that price I'm comfortable purchasing a solidly built and designed game that has an appealing theme. Beyond that and I'm just not a happy buyer. I think there are a lot of guys that are in the same boat with that mindset.

So to answer the OPs question, I'm a buyer at 6500 or less for a MB. Not as interesting in the other 2.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

After paying 4800 delivered for IMVE I don't think i can pay 8k for any game. I hope PPs can bring the numbers down otherwise I am out.

Yes, don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I hope PPS will see there is more of a market at $6800 (with shipping) than $8300 (with shipping).

MMR does carry a lot of advantages over IM VE in better LCD display, true lockdown bar, color armor, more controllability to the flipper power, shaker some other areas which I can't think of.

I see those as worth of $1500 price premium maybe $2000 which would put it at $6800. But harder to justify $8300.

I know MMR is a dream theme for many, but to me I just could not see spending $3500 more than IM VE for one. I also think IM VE was priced a tad bit higher than I'd like for a game with peg legs and snap type lock down mechanism. However the demand was high and used games would be more than that so I see how they were able to charge that much, but really IMO even IM VE was higher than it should have been.

#55 4 years ago

$8k in the US would translate here into 7500€ or more after adding VAT, transport, customs.
AFM and MB are cheaper than that in France. They are far from rare. So no way I would even consider buying a remake.

BBB is another story. I know and love the game. I have actually played three different BBB. BBB is very expensive here. I could have been tempted but $8k is too high. I like BBB but I can probably find 2 games among ST, ACDC and Met for that price. And whatever the two recent sterns I would find, it seems a better deal that a BBB.
And I am not a big fan on how PPS treated its customers with the "coin mech" story.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes, don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I hope PPS will see there is more of a market at $6800 (with shipping) than $8300 (with shipping).

I agree, but I'm not sure where the $8,300 comes in for MMR. Some of us bought MMR with shipping included for $7,995. MB and BBB are attractive games, but I'd really have to think hard about buying one in the same price range as MMR. I suspect PPS couldn't go much lower though, as MB is loaded with complex toys and BBB will require additional engineering compared to MMR. In any case, what a wonderful time to be in the pinball hobby considering the options we'll have in 2015 compared to 2010 or before.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Some of us bought MMR with shipping included for $7,995

yup!

They still need that price to come down though.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

MB is loaded with complex toys...

It is?

Drac, maybe rising Frank...maybe. Other than that, nothing complex about it.

#59 4 years ago

Why don't they remake something a little older?

LIke Whirlwind or Taxi?

Two amazing titles that are hard to find in great shape.

#60 4 years ago

Because they wont sell as many and they cant charge as much.

#62 4 years ago

Although I voted for one of the three pins in the list, "Other" should have been an option

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Because they wont sell as many and they cant charge as much.

That doesn't make sense to me.

I believe you'd sell many units. Think about it: A taxi remake, unless revamped, etc., wouldn't cost as much to build as a more modern remake as it has less machinery, etc. on it. Less cost means more sales, I think.

#64 4 years ago

missing none of the above in your poll.

#65 4 years ago

None! New Stern games are way too good these days - I'll buy those instead.

#66 4 years ago

Always buy on the dump, never on the pump.
Plenty of games you have never owned on the dump saving you a lot of money.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

taz said:MB is loaded with complex toys...
It is?
Drac, maybe rising Frank...maybe. Other than that, nothing complex about it.

Well, I've only played MB a few times at PHOF, but it seems to have more toys than average IMHO. I'm no expert on interactive toys, but I think MB is on the high end compared to most modern games, for whatever that is worth. I think AFM would be much cheaper to manufacture than MB.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I agree, but I'm not sure where the $8,300 comes in for MMR.

$8300 comes from where they were selling for $7995 Plus shipping, I just added an arbitrary price maybe $200-300 for shipping. I am surprised you say:

Quoted from taz:

Some of us bought MMR with shipping included for $7,995.

I was not offered that deal, I was offered price plus shipping extra as I think many others were that's where $8300 comes from, I didn't see that free shipping offer.

Either case, I dropped out but due to price issues, I think if they had started with $7995 with free shipping and free invisi-glass maybe I'd see that as closer to the value.

#69 4 years ago

1.MMRLE
2.MBLE
3.CCLE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 14.95
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Prairie Village, KS
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
5,750 (Firm)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PCB Emporium
Machine - For Sale
The Oc, CA
$ 89.99
$ 89.99
$ 89.99
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside