“If PPS's next machine was $8k which one would you buy?”

• Attack from Mars 48 votes
    24%
  • Monster Bash 82 votes
    40%
  • Big Bang Bar 73 votes
    36%

(203 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

If PPS were to make one of the following machines next, for lets say $8k each which one would you buy and why?

Attack From Mars

Monster Bash

Big Bang Bar

For me its a clear answer, Big Bang Bar, as the other 2 can be picked up for less than $8k!

#2 9 years ago

@ 8k i will pass on all those, so none of the above. with all the new stuff coming out pps will have to drop prices considerably for me to be interested. if priced right i would like to see cc with updated code before any of those.

#3 9 years ago

Well since one will NEVER happen and the other two don't make sense at 8k I officially end this poll now...

THE END!

#4 9 years ago

IMO $8k plus shipping is crazy, they'll sell some, but MMR has me saying no to that price, can't see any of those titles making me say yes. Probably need to back down to $7k realistically.

#5 9 years ago

Need to have an option of none of the above to gauge the interest or lack of interest.

#6 9 years ago

None, I would rather have a new game.

#7 9 years ago

MMR is the 8k game, the others aren't, if they want to run them at a normal price like a new Stern then maybe an AFM...

#8 9 years ago

BBB is the best bet of the three to generate sales but as others have said they need to drop down to Stern Pro pricing or thereabouts in my view.

#9 9 years ago

none of those.

#10 9 years ago

None. Not sure what the fascination is with remakes. Move along folks...

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

None. Not sure what the fascination is with remakes. Move along folks...

People who don't own them want to buy them. You own two of those three, why not sell them to someone who wants them and then you can get some proper perspective.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

People who don't own them want to buy them. You own them, why not sell them to someone who wants them and then you can get some proper perspective.

I don't own any remakes, nor do I want any. Even if it's a game I don't own still don't want a remake. Not sure how selling original games I bought is going to give me proper perspective on wanting a remake.

#13 9 years ago

I would very much like an AFM, but not at $8k. Realistically, I'd probably be willing to pay half that, or slightly more.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I don't own any remakes, nor do I want any. Even if it's a game I don't own still don't want a remake. Not sure how selling original games I bought is going to give me proper perspective on wanting a remake.

I obviously know you don't own remakes as they don't exist... yet. Anyhow, i can see and do agree that many people are like you and would not buy a remake. That being said, there are tons of people that have acceptable pricepoints they'd buy in at for these other titles. MB & AFM are slam dunk yes for me at $5K. I do not think they'll make them at those prices but you can always dream.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I obviously know you don't own remakes as they don't exist... yet.

The IPB BBB is a remake. So actually if PPS were to remake that it would be a re-remake.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The IPB BBB is a remake. So actually if PPS were to remake that it would be a re-remake.

Only to those who just don't understand... BBB was never remade (and won't be I might add) THE END!

1 week later
#17 9 years ago

And there we have it BBB would be the most purchased re-make (ok re-make re-make).

I do feel that looking at this and the opportunity to make money from the 'next' re-make for PPS, there really is only one clear option that being BBB.

After all, we all know that AFM priced at $8k would be a tough sell to most, MB would be easier at $8k but then there is the Universal licence to work out!
CC(C) could be a go'er, but I feel the best business option would be to re-make the most valuable machine (ala MM this time round), hence it has to be BBB, hell charge $10k and it will sell....

So over to PPS now.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

And there we have it BBB would be the most purchased re-make

Yes, we have an overwhelming 21 people ready to buy one… lol!

Never gonna happen, sorry! Happy Fourth!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, we have an overwhelming 21 people ready to buy one… lol!
Never gonna happen, sorry! Happy Fourth!

Oh it's gona happen at some point in time. Wait till they announce it and see what's going to happen. That is going to be a great day! Ed

#20 9 years ago

If I were to ever spend $8000 on a game any of the three are as likely as any game to drop the cash.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

That being said, there are tons of people that have acceptable pricepoints they'd buy in at for these other titles.

Until their pricepoints change.

There are tons of people that buy a pin because it seems like a good deal. Like an MMR for $8k instead of $10-14k, or IMVE for $4800 instead of $6000. But now that those re releases are dropping prices, the assurance of a "good deal" is lost on some titles and people are less willing to buy. Ironic how AFM would have sold well as a remake at $8k until the Medieval Madness remake was introduced. PPS has outdone themselves and their fickle market.

#22 9 years ago

I agree with teekee, for 8k maybe a BBB otherwise the others are readily available at this price and lower. The only reason I say maybe a BBB is because never played one and don't know if worth 8k. Readily available, and game play would dictate what it should cost to me, otherwise buying on rarity alone doesn't turn my crank.

#23 9 years ago

None. Give me a new game.

#24 9 years ago

Yep...pass on all of them. I think the days of $8k machines are gone. But price point is key...for $4k I'd buy a NIB any of them.

#25 9 years ago

I would never own a remake or reproduction. Only thing I hope the remakes would do is drop the price of the originals and shake them loose from collectors who think they would be upgrading.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 9 years ago

AFM but at the Stern's prices ? Maybe

Those games are Classics but they are not as fun (for me) as they used to be...i love the new Stern's
and keeping my money for te next one (Original game) Borg and Lyman are next so i hope it's a great theme.

At 5k NIB i would have got MM AFM BBB and a few others not at 8K

#27 9 years ago

I think OP needs to add "none of the above"

#28 9 years ago

Cactus canyon

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

And there we have it BBB would be the most purchased re-make (ok re-make re-make).
I do feel that looking at this and the opportunity to make money from the 'next' re-make for PPS, there really is only one clear option that being BBB.
After all, we all know that AFM priced at $8k would be a tough sell to most, MB would be easier at $8k but then there is the Universal licence to work out!
CC(C) could be a go'er, but I feel the best business option would be to re-make the most valuable machine (ala MM this time round), hence it has to be BBB, hell charge $10k and it will sell....
So over to PPS now.

Universal needs the money because movies just plain out suck today.

#30 9 years ago

I love Attack From Mars and would love to have one, although $8k for a remake is too much for me.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I love Attack from Mars and would love to have one, although $8k for a remake is too much for me.

+1

#32 9 years ago

None - I would buy the originals people would dump

#33 9 years ago

Cactus canyon

#34 9 years ago

None of those, Im in on MMR and cant wait to get it. The only PPS game I want right now and hope they do is CC.

Joe(acejedi)

#35 9 years ago

Assuming they all would be a legitimate option, I'd go with BBB.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

None - I would buy the originals people would dump

This what I would rather do. Especially with the B/W pins. I can work on WPC 95 boards. The new stuff is probably going to be swaptronics.

#36 9 years ago

If they made one, I'd buy a MB, but it would have to be 6k... Eight is just too much (for any dang pin, really).

#37 9 years ago

MM is the only pin I'd even think about @ 8k. Thought about it and said no. $5-6k, and we'll talk.

#38 9 years ago

I want a NIB junk yard for $4500.

#39 9 years ago

Promised my daughter a MB so hoping that's next. Not paying 8k though.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You found an MB for under $8K? Congrats!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You found an MB for under $8K? Congrats!

Yup. Let my friend grab it. Its nice but old.
Now a new one...bet I will ; )

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yup. Let my friend grab it. Its nice but old.
Now a new one...bet I will ; )

You're a good friend!

1 month later
#43 9 years ago

Joust. Way too few were made. Anyone have an idea on how expensive it would be to remake relative to more modern titles?

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

If they made one, I'd buy a MB, but it would have to be 6k... Eight is just too much (for any dang pin, really).

Quoted from zippydapinhead:

MM is the only pin I'd even think about @ 8k. Thought about it and said no. $5-6k, and we'll talk.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

right.

I backed out of MMR solely due to price ($8300 is too much IMO).

I think it's nice to see Met premium for ~$6400 or IM for $4800 can not see why MB would cost $8K (plus shipping ~8300) if you look at the Stern price subtract $200-300 since it includes shipping generally. Someone scored a deal on Amazon for Met premium for $5800 (I know that's not the norm, but I see lower price and I think much higher sales potential).

#45 9 years ago

AFM for a stern vault price would sell like hot pancakes.

This is a high ranked pin. Maybe not the best all time, but when looking at replay value. This might be a real number 1 contester. Never gets boring.

BBB will not sell well enough. Cause simply, the gameplay is very mediocore.

#47 9 years ago

At 8k, none of the above.

At the price of a Stern Pro, I'd buy both Monster Bash and AFM.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

At 8k, none of the above.
At the price of a Stern Pro, I'd buy both Monster Bash and AFM.

I really doubt we are going to see remakes of any WMS title below $6K.

I think market demand would be there at $8K for CC and BBB and maybe MB. I really do not think $8K for AFM will attract a lot of buyers.

#49 9 years ago

I would buy both AFM and BBB, but at $5k-$6k. Not a chance I'm a buyer at $8k.

#50 9 years ago

I would buy AFM and/or MB at $6300 (shipped).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 75.00
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-remake-would-you-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.