• Latest reply 1 year ago by Anindyfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flying Chariots score reels (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I have a 1963 Swing Along machine. Can anyone tell me which relay resets the scoring wheel. I have found the ones that register points when scored and they are working fine, but when i hit the reset button the hundreds wheel does not move. The motor keeps running until I manually hit the hundreds relay and it gets to zero.

#2 1 year ago

It's hard to say without a schematic. Generally all score reels have two circuits that drive them. One is used only during reset to return the score reels to zero. The other is used only during the game to increment the score reels one step for each pulse. Here's an example from Flying Chariots:
Flying Chariots score reels (resized).jpgFlying Chariots score reels (resized).jpg
It shows the circuits for both 100 point score reels in a two player game. The lower circuit into each score reel is used only during a game and is driven by switches on the Q/100 Point relay and the P/2nd Player relay. The Q relay switch closes whenever 100 points have been scored and the P relay switch determines which player should get the points.

The upper circuit into each score reel is used only during reset. Pulses are generated by the Motor 4A switch and get to the score reels only if 1) the D/Reset relay is active and 2) the score reel isn't showing a zero (the "Runoff" or Runout switches).

You'll have to check your schematic to see exactly how it's done in Swing Along because there are subtle variations on which relays were used but the basic approach will be the same.

/Mark

#3 1 year ago

I am waiting on a schematic, I received the wrong one, but I noticed only the hundreds real on player one isn’t resetting. I cnt hit the hundreds relay and it will stop at zero. Also if i jump the wire from player twos hundred it will go to zero. Any suggestions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-relay-results-score-reels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.