(Topic ID: 225912)

Which ramp gets more rejects? Deadpool rear or Ghostbuster right (PRO)

By Pinball-Pat

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pipes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which shot has more rejects?”

• Ghostbusters right ramp makes want to play with the glass off 19 votes
    40%
  • Deadpools rear ramp makes me wish the katana was real to put an end to my sorrows 18 votes
    38%
  • Ramps, these babies flow like deapool insults or ectoplasm!!! 11 votes
    23%

(48 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dp (resized).jpg
gb (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I'm trying to get a feel for how deadpool plays? There have been some complaints (SDTM guys I'm looking at you , regarding reliably hitting this shot.
So Pinside universe, I'm leaving it you to determine for the masses, which shot has more rejects? Without further adieu, I bring you the poll...

dp (resized).jpgdp (resized).jpggb (resized).jpggb (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

GB's is just really hard to hit. I've never had it not go up if I can get the aim down though. DP I feel like I make the shot successfully and then the ball doesn't go through

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

GB's is just really hard to hit. I've never had it not go up if I can get the aim down though. DP I feel like I make the shot successfully and then the ball doesn't go through

^^^THIS. Basically took the words right out of my mouth.

#4 5 years ago

I played DP for the first time yesterday and the right ramp rejects were horrid... I had to walk away from the game. Game was on location and just seemed clunky. I was glad I couldn't hear the call-outs very well also.

#5 5 years ago

Currently all tied up!!! Come on folks, there can only be one “winner”!
Vote away!!!

#6 5 years ago

Ive played the three Deadpool pros on route here in Chicago in the past three days and all of the rear ramps on all 3 machines flowed great.... not sure what you guys are doing or if there is someone who is making some certain machines that is screwing something up at Stern. Ghostbusters on the other hand.. that ramp blows due to physics and geometry. Setup ain't helping that pig.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Ive played the three Deadpool pros on route here in Chicago in the past three days and all of the rear ramps on all 3 machines flowed great....

That’s a pretty promising review! Maybe it is just set-up issues people are having.

#8 5 years ago

I’ve owned Deadpool pro since Augest 26, I’ve played over 300 games on it.
I am not a great player, average casual I’d say, I just played one game on my machine and hit the katana ramp 5 times in a short 86 mil point game (160 mil is my average)

Im really kinda annoyed by people saying they played 25 games and proclaim it a “clunk fest”.
If you can’t hit the katana ramp you’ve got one of three problems-
1- your not very good, and your whiny.
2- you can’t figure out the shot because it’s not easy, but blame the “clunk fest”
3- maybe, just maybe you got a spunk machine. If it’s in a home setting then adjust the thing, that’s this hobby you need to adjust things to make it perfect, and fix them when they brake.

If every shot was easy, then this would be a pretty unsatisfactory game, but the loops are fun, the ramps aren’t easy and the snikt shot is sweet. I still miss the katana ramp lots, but that’s because I am to blame for a poorly placed shot.

Hate my opinion if you want, or go play 300 games on one, get decent at it and realize it’s a fun (maybe not everyone’s favriot) but fun a machine with a killer layout, great verity of shots needing to be made and the art will truly be remembered as one the most beautiful modern art packages.

#9 5 years ago

If you cant make the dp you probably need to set up your game better.

#10 5 years ago

The right ramp on GB isn't really that bad. You just need to shoot better. Put the shim under the blue rubber mount, and make sure your left flipper is adjusted properly. If anything, the left orbit is way harder and narrower.

#11 5 years ago

if you make ghostbusters shot perfect you make the shot 100% of the time. if you hit the deadpool shot perfect it works like 25% of the time.

having it set up correctly is critical for deadpool but it still isnt going to make it every time you hit it perfect imo.

ive played on 4 different pro machines and each one has its quirks. half hit pretty good half not so much. half the colossus team up shot rejects like 50% of the time and half hits pretty consistently. im sure at home you can dial it in, on location you are at the mercy of the op

2 months later
#12 5 years ago

Finally have a deadpool pro a whirl on location. I actually really enjoyed it, and the rear ramp. I thought it shot well; and was really satisfying. Deadpool is now on the short list

#13 5 years ago

I'd like to take some slow-motion video of the DP lock shot as it starts to enter the katana ramp. On mine it gets rejected about 50% of the time, but man, when you hit it right it sails up like butter, especially the super skill shot. When it gets rejected it seems like it might be hitting the pop bumper skirt or something, I don't know.

I kind of like that you have to shoot the ramp perfectly to get the lock, otherwise you'd have ninja multiball all the time.

#14 5 years ago

I've had MORE success aiming slightly for the bottom pop bumper off them middle right and having it ricochet up the lock ramp. Every time I hit this it worked! The new secret for Deadpool!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Same. I don't get rejects on my GB Pro at all really.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-ramp-gets-more-rejects-deadpool-rear-or-ghostbuster-right-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.