(Topic ID: 249092)

Which PS4 Pinball is better Pinball FX3 or Pinball Arcade?

By cntrydisney

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jfre81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic poll

“Which game do you like better?”

• Pinball Arcade 4 votes
    67%
  • Pinball FX3 2 votes
    33%

(6 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Now, I have Pinball Arcade and have owned it for awhile and I've downloaded some demos of other pinball games by FX3. I just noticed the other day that FX3 has Williams Tables. I did play Fish Tales but none of the others. I was thinking even though it's not the same as playing the real thing my wife and I could play either Arcade or FX3 to learn the machines and practice. Does anybody play them for this, and which one do you like better? (It seems like Pinball Arcade has the real tables where as Pinball FX3 finally has some real tables, but most of them are not.) I figured it could help our pinball scores in real life. Plus it would be fun.

#2 4 years ago

Now that they've lost the WMS license, Farsight has done nothing to improve how those games play, or the physics or anything really. Only way they have really helped my real life play is getting to know the rules better. Which does help your performance, to be sure. I'll have to look at the FX3 games.

#3 4 years ago

I played AFM on FX3 for a few weeks before finally being able to play on a real machine for the first time. The virtual practice without a doubt helped me have very long ball times.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I played AFM on FX3 for a few weeks before finally being able to play on a real machine for the first time. The virtual practice without a doubt helped me have very long ball times.

That's what I'm hoping for. That and just having fun playing pinball at home, since our real machine (Spin-a-Card) needs to be fixed.

#5 4 years ago

Pretty disappointing that Pinball Arcade has only added two not very good tables after losing the Bally Williams license over a year ago. I was hoping they would add more Stern and Sega and Data East tables, but seems they are finished

#6 4 years ago

Sadly, I think Farsight Pinball Arcades' days are numbered. The only activity on their Facebook page has been posting a sale on games and tournament announcements.

Whenever anyone asks a question it goes unanswered. I'm bummed because I've owned every version through every platform since day one.

#7 4 years ago

Ive always liked Pinball Arcade but losing a Williams license is no good.

Ill have to try out FX3.

For those our there.. Are FX3 tables made after real machines? I am assuming they are..

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ill have to try out FX3.
For those our there.. Are FX3 tables made after real machines? I am assuming they are..

I think they have atleast 12 Bally/Williams titles and a bunch of fictional tables. You have to buy tables as addons.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I think they have atleast 12 Bally/Williams titles and a bunch of fictional tables. You have to buy tables as addons.

Yea thats how Pinball Arcade was also. Thanks.. Ill check it out.

#10 4 years ago

Williams Pinball

Free Table

Fish Tales

Volume 1
The Getaway: High Speed II
Junk Yard
Medieval Madness

Volume 2
The Party Zone
Black Rose
Attack from Mars

Volume 3
Theatre of Magic
The Champion Pub
Safe Cracker

Volume 4
White Water
Hurricane
Red & Ted's Road Show

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ill have to try out FX3.

They are made after the real machines, but they added some CG and bling just to pump them up a little. You can however play the original as intended version if you want. FX3 games always feel a little off to me, but they are fun I cannot deny that. As someone mentioned earlier they are good for learning the rules only. Probably not help with increasing your base skill level.

#12 4 years ago

Glad I bought a shit load of tables before the Williams license was lost by farsight.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Glad I bought a shit load of tables before the Williams license was lost by farsight.

I did as well. The FX3 versions are growing on me though and will probably be the only game in town going forward.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Yeah, I got the first three seasons plus TAF and Road Show a la carte. Mainly RS to learn the rules a little better.
One of the worst things they did was remove the option to buy single games from the Stern and Gottlieb/Alvin G sets. So they have sets for sale where I already "own" half the games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-ps4-pinball-is-better-pinball-fx3-or-pinball-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.