7%
  • TWD Pro 21 votes
    17%

(125 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

numberonetranslite.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I am looking to pick one up and I can't decide. I have never had this hard of a time deciding on a pin.

#2 6 years ago

I have a TWDLE,Mustang Boss, ST pro. I would pick ST pro first. the Mustang but that could change if TWD code comes out and is good.

#3 6 years ago

Check the ratings and you will see ST is the winner for majority of people here. Code update has made it better. Maybe TWD will be better with code updates but that's an unknown. Unless you love the theme, it doesn't stand out. Simply put, Mustang is not Stern's best.

#4 6 years ago

ST Pro. It gives the ST Premium a run for it's money based on gameplay. I think it is truly the best across the board game for anyone based on theme also. My wife, 9 year old son, 74 year old dad and myself all like the theme and the gameplay.

MET Pro is a good one also, but not on your list.

#5 6 years ago

Between these three, I don't think there's much of a question that ST is the best. So all other things (price, condition) being equal, that's the winner. However, if you get a really good deal on one of the others, could shift balance

#6 6 years ago

ST Pro. Really great since the last update.

That being said, Mustang is a lot more fun than I would expect. Function over form. Or theme, as the case may be.

TWD can be fun, but it's really damn unforgiving, and God knows what future code updates will do. (Or when, of course.)

#7 6 years ago

ST Pro is fabulous. Flow. Awesome sound integration. Great dots.

If you're thinking the TWD, play - a lot - first. I've spent an hour on the table and could hardly stand the shot layout and flow of the machine. There are folks that like it... you just need to see if it fits you.

#8 6 years ago

ST Pro is the lesser of the three evils. That isn't saying very much of course.

#9 6 years ago

Love ST, played the hell out of it on location last night. The modes are pretty much all the same but it is a blast to play But i still cant break into the 200mils.

but me personally
1 ST
2 Mustang
3 Walking Dead

#10 6 years ago

Twd hands down St is too easy got bored quick

#11 6 years ago

IMO TWD is the best, but the code is lacking at this time. Because of this you could possibly score a great deal on one before the code update comes. If you want a game that has the code finished, I would pick ST.

#12 6 years ago

I really thought Mustang would be getting more love.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

ST Pro. It gives the ST Premium a run for it's money based on gameplay. I think it is truly the best across the board game for anyone based on theme also. My wife, 9 year old son, 74 year old dad and myself all like the theme and the gameplay.
MET Pro is a good one also, but not on your list.

I don't care for Met. I am in the minority I am sure. How does ST pro hold up against IM? I see you have both in your collection.

#14 6 years ago

I really loved TWD when I played it. Sure, code is unfinished, but the game played a lot better than I expected based off of the reviews it was getting here. Do all you can to play them each a bunch before you drop the coin.

#15 6 years ago

I second timtim's order.
I have Pro's of ST and Mustang. Love them both but Trek for number one choice.
I had Walking Dead pro, I got rid of it.

#16 6 years ago

I would say ST Pro, then Mustang. I own both and have no opinion on TWD but it's not grandkids approved.

That being said I play Mustang the most game after game. On ST I play maybe 2-3 games max per visit.

Some days only Mustang, others mix of both but lamost always more mustang.

#17 6 years ago

ST hands down for me, I dont even play the other two on location anymore. Just not for me I guess

#18 6 years ago

Thank you for the advice.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Onthefringe:

I don't care for Met. I am in the minority I am sure. How does ST pro hold up against IM? I see you have both in your collection.

I play IM a lot more, but the game times on IM are really short, so if you go by minutes on each machine they may be close to equal. I like IM better because it is crack on a stick, but I really like ST and it is a keeper. The new code on ST is just fantastic. You will hunt a little longer and pay more for IM, but it may be worth it.

#20 6 years ago

I say go ST. Amazing Game. And If you can squeeze your budget for a premium or LE; DO IT! - the light show is simply fantastic and really engulfs a player into the theme.

#21 6 years ago

Mustang for me. I couldn't get into the other two.

#22 6 years ago

ST PRO hands down best pin of that bunch...

and don't forget to pick up this translite too

numberonetranslite.jpg

#23 6 years ago

I have never played Mustang so I cannot speak to that, but I like ST best with TWD being a very close second. People complain about issues with the ball draining from the pop bumpers, but I have never encountered this issue. The magnet at the start of Prison mode drops the ball SDTM, but flipping the flippers while it is held causes it to move off to the side. Hopefully a software update fixes this issue. I like the variety of shots and the speed of the game.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Onthefringe:

They are both great to have in a collection IMO, and both play fast. If I am deserving of a good, quick ass-kicking, that'll happen on IM. If I want to have a more mode-based game, still fast, longer playtimes, then ST is it.

#25 6 years ago

ST by a landslide!

#26 6 years ago

Star Trek for sure, I was surprised with all the additions in the new code.

#27 6 years ago

These polls are always so stupid. Why not compare games that all have finished code? If the op is truly interested in one of these games wait until the code for all three are done then compare. I mean it took over two years for ST to get complete code, then you compare it to a game that's been out 6 months? So stupid. Drained.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

These polls are always so stupid. Why not compare games that all have finished code? If the op is truly interested in one of these games wait until the code for all three are done then compare. I mean it took over two years for ST to get complete code, then you compare it to a game that's been out 6 months? So stupid. Drained.

From what I understand Mustang is complete and so is ST. TWD is supposed to be getting an update soon. This poll or question I am asking isn't purely based on code. A game can have complete code and still be a piece of sh*t.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Onthefringe:

From what I understand Mustang is complete and so is ST. TWD is supposed to be getting an update soon. This poll or question I am asking isn't purely based on code. A game can have complete code and still be a piece of sh*t.

Brand new account, this being your first question. I have a feeling you are an existing Pinsider like "auziepinwiz" or someone. Anyway you don't know what a game will be like until the code is complete. I'm out.

#30 6 years ago

Brand new account, this being your first question. I have a feeling you are an existing Pinsider like "auziepinwiz" or someone. Anyway you don't know what a game will be like until the code is complete. I'm out.

I haven't bought a NIB stern in a long time I was just looking for some feed back as I am really struggling with this one. Sorry to piss you off with my poll.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Onthefringe:

I haven't bought a NIB stern in a long time I was just looking for some feed back as I am really struggling with this one. Sorry to piss you off with my poll.

I'm not pissed at you or the poll. I really just think it is an unfair poll at this point. People made these same kind of poll comparisons when ST first came out and if you look back, I thought those polls were unfair as well. Good luck with your first NIB, nothing like that feeling.

#32 6 years ago

I'm not pissed at you or the poll. I really just think it is an unfair poll at this point. People made these same kind of poll comparisons when ST first came out and if you look back, I thought those polls were unfair as well. Good luck with your first NIB, nothing like that feeling.

I thought you drained the topic? He is a new Pinsider, so who is he going to ask his wife? Let him ask and if no one else inputs the thread will die.

#33 6 years ago

I've played all three. Of them, I just didn't enjoy Mustang.

I found ST to be surprisingly enjoyable. TWD isn't bad. The theme is lost on me though; I'm not a fan.

I'd go with an ST:Pro.

#34 6 years ago

So i will throw out an unfinished code comparison. I bought ST during early code, I have also played TWD and Mustang on early code. ST early code was still a waaaaay funner game IMO with Mustang being second and TWD being one of the dullest/most boring new stern I have ever played. The new code for TWD needs to be EPIC to save such a great theme; cuz the game is not fun to play right now.

#35 6 years ago

I know it's already been said, but just go with Metallica.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Twd hands down St is too easy got bored quick

So you have an easier time getting through 18 modes, 3 wizard modes, 3 Vengeance Modes, 18 warps for warp 9.9 and Klingon MB in ST than you do getting through all TWD has to offer; which is currently Prison MB, Well Walker MB and Blood Bath?

#37 6 years ago

No question here. Trek all day again those games IMO

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

So you have an easier time getting through 18 modes, 3 wizard modes, 3 Vengeance Modes, 18 warps for warp 9.9 and Klingon MB in ST than you do getting through all TWD has to offer; which is currently Prison MB, Well Walker MB and Blood Bath?

Lets just say not all pinball players are created equal :)Star trek le didn't last long in my collection Too easy

#40 6 years ago

I own stle and twdle. Both are great but twd beats st by a wide margin when latest code comes out. Right now st is better.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I would say ST Pro, then Mustang.

Same.

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mustang being second and TWD being one of the dullest/most boring new stern I have ever played.

Well, have you tried Wrestlemania?

1 month later
#43 6 years ago

Did you ever end up getting one of these 3 pinballs?

#44 6 years ago

good choices ....

ST pro and MET pro

two of the best stern pro's made over the last few years.

#45 6 years ago

ST by a mile I think, but Mustang is a reallllllll sleeper, and if you give it a chance and can get beyond the god awful art package...it's a great shooters game.

#46 6 years ago

ST pro really gives the premium a run for it's money?

Honest question, I only played the LE once and thought it was amazing, but if the Pro is that good.. might have to dig into that one.

Thanks

#47 6 years ago

TWD is the clear choice now with the new code ...and there is more to come.

To Balboa - ST Pro plays just as good as the Premium - and the lighting on it is awesome also. I feel the colored inserts have a better saturation on the Pro. It's a better bang for the buck IMO.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside