(Topic ID: 5099)

Which price guide?

By wizzardz

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Considering a price guide, and would like additional input.

The Boston Pinball is based solely on Ebay sales (as is the Pinside guide as well I beleive)
    The Mr Pinball guide seems to be the favorite.
    I was looking at the Pinball Eric guide as well. One feature I like in this one is pricing for three grades. I beleive the Mr Pinball guide assumes collector grade and its the buyers work to figure out below that. Of course the ebay sales based guides don't take condition into account...but give a range to work from (with grade inferred, sorta). The ebay range I would think tends to be a bit broader because of those with more money than brains paying too much for a pin.

#2 12 years ago

Although I have and use both price guides they really aren't that much different so which ever one you choose will be good.

#3 12 years ago

I know that some games are priced out of the ball park, but Mr. Pinball's prices are way to low. I think it might be a better guide for older games. Check out the top 10 games on this site and try to get one at Mr. Pinball's price.

#4 12 years ago

It is related to the thickness of your wallet and which machine you desire. Think of it as buying a car/truck, it usually costs you money to enjoy the car/truck. Pinball pretty much the same. If you want it, like it and enjoy it, the cost factor should be considered but not the bottom line.

Out-West

#5 12 years ago

These price guides (PinPedia,Boston Pinball, Mr Pinball) take into consideration what the actual sales prices were at the time of the sale...Now these stats have been taken over a long period of time and the prices are on the rise....so that is why these prices seem low...It's an average.

I find the best way to find what prices are NOW is to use Pinpedia.com and take a look at what your specific machine has sold for in the past 6 to 12 months...then average that.

Naturally condition is everything so the price of a pin can be off by thousands of dollars if your bidding on a collector quality machine but it's actually a hunk of junk.

#6 12 years ago

Which ever guide you end up using just remember it's just a "guide" or a starting point
    and you have to figure out all the +s / -s are to the table and what it will mean to you.

#7 12 years ago

Location will also play into the pins value. They go for much more up here in Alaska than in the CONUS.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-price-guide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.