Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PINBELL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I now know that TZ has the BLACKLIGHT s# on the playfield, but which other pins have this?

#2 11 years ago

sega viper night drivin for sure!
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=4359

BSD potentially had the intention of using black light since there are glow in the dark plastic pieces
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=3072

That "should" be it

#3 11 years ago

I'm referring to the serial number written in the middle of the playfield, like on TZ!

#4 11 years ago

My BSD also has a BLACKLIGHT serial number on the playfield!

#5 11 years ago

My Dr Who has the serial number in the Master at about the height of his shoulders.

#8 11 years ago

BBB has a blacklight, which goes on for the wizard mode

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

BBB has a blacklight, which goes on for the wizard mode

They are referring to hidden serial numbers on the playfield (or elsewhere) that can only be seen under UV light.

#10 11 years ago

I know why they did it, but which years did they do it?

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

I know why they did it, but which years did they do it?

Why did they do this ??

#12 11 years ago

In this listing is an image of a playfield under blacklighting, revealing a serial number. We asked Pat Lawlor why the manufacturer did this. He replies:

The reason for the serial numbers seems strange by todays standards. In 1992 Williams agreement with its distributors gave them exclusive sales right to a territory. They did not have the right to sell outside of their territory. But some were doing just that. In order to track the games origin from a distributor into the wild, the blacklight number was added. Williams knew where the game was originally shipped. If the game turned up outside of that territory, it was assumed that the distributor had "Bootlegged" the game outside of his territory. Then it was up to management to decide what penalty to incur on the offender. Remember, this was during a time when it was PROFITABLE to sell and operate pinball machines. This practice would be laughable today because ANY sale of a pinball machine is a good sale.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pins-have-blacklight-s-on-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.