Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gerrard17
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I picked up a NOS Interflip Dragon. Although it's an EM, it doesn't use chimes, it has an electronic audio board for bleeps, bloops, and BAOOOO!

I like unique audio novelties in machines - I really love the bell in Black Knight, great to get the ringer going for extra ball and replay. I know Taxi has the ringer too, does that one go off during the game? Any other games have a bell?

Of course, Fire! has the topper bell which is great.

I've heard some solid states still had chimes, which are those?

Any other audio novelties out there?

I hear some machines used to use a mechanical knocker for free game. Which are those? Ha... just kidding... not a fan of simulated knock though...

#11 6 years ago

Wow, didn't know there were that many SS with chimes. Should have done this research -before- I went to VFW! Agh, could have checked some of those out...

#37 6 years ago

Yes, was more thinking about hardware-related effects, but novel audio effects and callouts are cool too. That's a nice touch on AMH. It reminds me of the creaking door when you plunge and enter the Mystery Castle. Also like MC's "Hunt Again" rather than the usual... Great audio package on that machine.

I really want to experience that air horn on Gold Wings now! Cool idea...

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I actually installed an electronic air raid siren in a game once as a joke as I was reminded of Gold Wings game.
It triggered when a player received free credits with a match. Literally it was one funniest things to watch ...

Now that sounds entertaining... need to combine it with Dialed-In style selfie-mode to capture the moments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pins-have-audio-novelties?tu=highvoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.