(Topic ID: 249170)

Which pins are truly better as "pros," which are musts as a LE?

By Daditude

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Sluggo39
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1067E8AF-66FB-4F06-8D6F-09E1ADA3B8F3 (resized).jpeg
    74A5B066-AA8B-4228-97FD-A803C0AAF83E (resized).jpeg
    ef4a0697-0029-4512-a2e5-2143a6a7708d_256 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

The title says it all:
    Which pinballs are better in the pro version?

Which ones do you absolutely prefer as a Limited Edition?

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I prefer the Pro in every case (though I'm not sure I've ever played a Tron LE).

Quoted from PinMonk:

We had both. The Prem/LE Metallica was better.
    Iron Maiden could go either way because they play SO DIFFERENTLY due to the captive ball change on the Prem/LE.
    Ghostbusters is a WAY better experience on the Prem/LE.
    Walking Dead is clearly better on the Pro.
    Deadpool is much better on the Prem/LE.
    KISS is better on the Prem/LE.
    WWE is better in the Stern warehouse corner being robbed for parts.

I have heard by many that the MET pro was better. It is interesting to hear varying opinions from 2 people I have a lot of respect for. Thank you.

Curious, but why do you think TWD pro is better? I've never played any other version (I don't think), so I don't really know.

#55 4 years ago

Lots of great responses here so far, maybe I should have put a poll in.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from PrinzFred:

games like Munsters, Ac/Dc, GOt, black Knight, seems empty without additional Playfield

I have to agree. Of course, it seems a lot of people dont like the mini pf on ac/dc...

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

BKSOR - Pro
    Star Wars - LE

What about the Gilligan's island LE?

#70 4 years ago

Whatever happened with that really nice restored one? Did you get it?

#86 4 years ago

Great feedback!!! Keep em coming!

Also, if you feel it is better due to "bang for buck," would you please tell us why?

#99 4 years ago

The numerous responses on the magna slings on GB really make me want to play both side by side.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Amazing to me how many people in this thread are wrong! .

Enlighten us.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Shouldn't be too hard to pick up a copy of both on the secondary market at a reasonable price.

You must think I have money or something.
    Im more of a "low pin man"

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Me too! A high end game for me now is a No Fear. I'm a going to go get one! Pro model, premium, or LE, I don't care as long as it's not super faded.

Don't let my pin collection fool you...I had to scour fir deals, buy, fix, sell, and trade my way up to what i currently have.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Stern should make a run of TWD pro+ meaning a pro with spinners and walker bomb.

Im curious. If enough people messaged/wrote in to them...would it be enough for them to do it? I guess it is worth a shot.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Looking at the premium on JP almost $2000 for moving Dino and Raptor pit just seems like a lot of cheddar.
    It’s almost like a regular movie vs the 3D movie ticket price that you get the same movie or from both but the 3D is just a bit extra bling. Not sure how much do I wan the moving Dino.

If there were ever a reason to go for the premium/LE, the moving dino would be it...but therein lies the problem...the $2,000 extra. That is some serious money to add on. Or maybe im just cheap. I don't know anymore.

#151 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I love bling and I think extra toys are dope but if a game like Met or TWD gives me 95% of the gameplay for 75% of the cost that’s the kind of math I like.
    I don’t have any cheap pins anymore but I started out buying T2 and BoP when they cost $1800 or less. Now I’m asked to pay $1800 for a moving Dino head or a hammer ball lock. (I know there’s more to it than that there’s the GI lights and spinners and so on, but the general idea is $1800 can almost buy a full other game and LE an extra $3500 I can buy something like WPT for example).

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Whatever you're happy with man. Some people actually prefer light beer too.

I like the thought if buying a cheaper game and adding 3rd party mods...it just seems that cannot be done with certain pins (e.g. the dino head in JP or the bottom PF in munsters)

Im sure whomever creates a moving dino head mod for JP would make a killing

#163 4 years ago

It seems like monsters, dead pool, and ghostbusters have the most "conflicts" between the 2 options

1 month later
    #167 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I missed out on a nib jjp potc le, but I was able to get a se, and I have been happy, at least the game play is the same.
    I am glad AP only makes one version and makes it very well, been loving okt for a while now.

What are the differences between the SE and the LE?

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

For me, it is that I really enjoy simple solid state games where it is about quick reactions and making shots or being screwed. With some premiums the toys and upper play fields just detract from that. The examples have been stated many times already, but for me the Iceman ramp on X-Men is awful and should be disabled and the night crawler props just block shots; the upper play field on GOT just slows things down and feels tacked on; I don't like mini-playfields because the physics is wrong and feels gimmicky so I prefer the Munsters pro. I haven't played the premium version of all games so I can't generalize, but those are specifics of things where I think the premiums are worse.

I need to go play xmen again. I don't remember the ice ramp being such an issue, but you are about the 11th person that has mentioned it.

7 months later
    #186 3 years ago

I am curious about how some of the newer games perform (via different levels). I feel that premiums are usually the sweet spot, though.

I have seen a lot of JP pros coming up lately. People are clearly dumping them for premiums.

I recently had a Star Wars pro come up. Is it worth it, or just that much better for the premium?

Metallica pro vs premium?

TWD?

#193 3 years ago

I have had an option recently at a MET pro, JP pro, and a SW pro...and I have been hesitant. I would just hate to get one and immediately regret not getting the premium.

Anyone else have thoughts on it and/or owned both?

Also, what about TWD pro vs. Premium?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pins-are-truly-better-as-pros-which-are-musts-as-a-le?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.