(Topic ID: 249170)

Which pins are truly better as "pros," which are musts as a LE?

By Daditude

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Sluggo39
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1067E8AF-66FB-4F06-8D6F-09E1ADA3B8F3 (resized).jpeg
    74A5B066-AA8B-4228-97FD-A803C0AAF83E (resized).jpeg
    ef4a0697-0029-4512-a2e5-2143a6a7708d_256 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

I would choose Premium/LE on the following:
    ACDC - if Pro had the same bell mech I'd consider it
    TWD (with mods done to smooth bicycle ramp). I need the spinners and Walker bombs.
    BKSOR
    Deadpool
    Jurassic Park - Pro is fun but the TRex is one of the best toys ever).

Anything else I would be happy with the Pro. On GOT I vastly prefer the Pro. GB too.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from vbittnv:

The experience of the pro is no way better. The Experience of TWD premium destroys the pro because of the light show alone! It makes you feel like you are actually freaking out escaping zombies and are going to die lol. Had both at home, the pro doesn't compare. That alone is worth the difference in price on such a panic inducing pin. Sure the crossbow and ramp migh annoy people, but just disable them in the settings then. The left ramp with the stern fix is fine, but the spinners , the drop target, and walker bombs add so much.

I'm surprised at all of the hatred over the crossbow on TWD. My guess is that people are just not skilled or familiar with using it. I think it's a good toy and I'm just as accurate using it than I am with the flipper. It has a better range of motion and has more shots available than most other games with cannon shots (T2, ACDC, Dirty Harry, STTNG). I know I'm in the minority but I enjoy using the crossbow vs. just shooting the shots with the flippers.

I also like the Bicycle Girl bash toy, especially with the Gnassel lighting mod. Yes, it makes the game more difficult but it also changes the layout/flow of the game to make it more interesting rather than just repeating a ramp shot. I did change the settings on my game so that Bicycle Girl isn't lit at game start just because I feel the mode is a bit overused in the game.

I do enjoy playing TWD Pro but it just feels so stripped down compared to the Premium/LE. It doesn't even have things like spinners or color changing inserts which are commonplace on later Pro machines.

#89 4 years ago

I think a good hypothetical would be: if you were at an arcade and they had brand new copies of a game in both LE and Pro trim levels (at 3 plays for $2), which games would you skip over the LE and put all your plays on the Pro? This takes the financial (bang for the buck) argument out of it.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

on one hand I like the bicycle girl bash target. On the other hand, I'm not sure a game needs 3 bash toys.

Bicycle girl is only a part time bash toy, similar to the trolls in MM or Hobbit. I wouldn't want it to be active any more than it is already, but it's a pretty cool state changing toy that temporarily changes the layout of the game.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Stern should make a run of TWD pro+ meaning a pro with spinners and walker bomb.

The problem is that it's not in Stern's best interest to do this. It would steer sales away from their more profitable Premium model which they would likely vault as well. I was hoping they'd add spinners on to the newer run Metallica Pro machines to spur sales but that didn't happen either.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pins-are-truly-better-as-pros-which-are-musts-as-a-le?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.