(Topic ID: 251793)

Which pinballs got threw playfield or unique plunger shot?

By HighFive

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrossman5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Been looking at some videos of all the pins on youtube, and some got my attention. Some pinballs from the 80s have threw the middle playfield like plunger shot, going to give some example if i might badly expression myself, im talking about pinballs like Skateball, Alien Power, Laser Cue, Flash. The plunger shot go threw the playfield, over to the left to have rise back up in the middle in a circle move to go to the top. Iv found those 4 and been wondering, is there any more like it?

It grab my attention cause one thing i love about Walking Dead is the plunger skill shot, the ball makes a U- Move like and i find it pretty satisfying to see and do. More pins you like that have a unique plunger shot?

#2 4 years ago

Iron Maiden does this and Keith has said he regrets it. Why exactly, I'm not sure.

#3 4 years ago

Black Rose does this, although the skill shot requires you to use less force so the ball hits the spot targets beneath the ramp that carries the ball around the top of the playfield.

#4 4 years ago

Wow. Didnt look carefully at Iron Maiden, didnt knew it was doing it.

Wondering is there a reason why it seem to not be often seen? Guessing it was a thing that damage more playfields maybe?

#5 4 years ago

4 million bc back in the 70s does it. Up a ramp after turning around too, very cool skillshot. I think a few 60s ballys as well.

Quoted from pinballkim:

Iron Maiden does this and Keith has said he regrets it. Why exactly, I'm not sure.

Probably because it's always getting misaligned and stops working. We had a horrible time getting the one out here to work even some of the time. The guide that aims the ball wasn't designed well either, not very adjustable.

#6 4 years ago

Mine was crap out of the box also, but a stronger coil fixed it. Can't remember who figured out the stronger coil solution but it was way better than messing with the guide.

#8 4 years ago

Terminator 2. Across the play field.

#9 4 years ago

Whirlwind

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

There are too many issues with it. Most of the games do not work properly, including ours.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Probably because it's always getting misaligned and stops working. We had a horrible time getting the one out here to work even some of the time. The guide that aims the ball wasn't designed well either, not very adjustable.

I had the same problem with my aforementioned Black Rose. Adjust the guide, tighten the screws, and two games later it's misaligned again. I'd love an Alien Poker or a Lasercue, but I'm afraid of dealing with that mess again.

#12 4 years ago

High Speed feeds the ramps on the plunge.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There are too many issues with it. Most of the games do not work properly, including ours.

Have you tried the stronger coil? Mine wouldn't make the loop ever, didn't touch the guide, changed the coil, makes it 95% of the time now.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

High Speed feeds the ramps on the plunge.

The Getaway has the cross mid-playfield launch as well.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I took the glass off and adjusted the guide just by pushing hard on it and repeatedly shooting. it is prob 99% working, very seldom does it not loop

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

I had the same problem with my aforementioned Black Rose. Adjust the guide, tighten the screws, and two games later it's misaligned again. I'd love an Alien Poker or a Lasercue, but I'm afraid of dealing with that mess again.

You don't have to worry on those. They have a special mounting bracket that gives you excellent adjustability and it won't slip. All the early Williams have it. They also have slots in the plastic to make adjusting easy, unlike Maiden where you need to remove the whole ramp

For my black rose, I found the wood had softened enough that the screw was loosening slightly. I had to fill in the hole with jb weld to get it to stay.

#18 4 years ago

Jesus. All these game name here and i havent notice that. Dont know why i realize it a bit more when looking at Laser Cue, Alien Poker and Skateball. Its perhaps the way its done, shot to the top where it goes into the top lanes.

#19 4 years ago

Bally Vector goes across the playfield, and then up a ramp to the upper level.

#20 4 years ago

Rollergames, Jurassic Park (de), lw3, millionaire, secret service. I like the across the field shots. Puts the ball right in the action.

#21 4 years ago

#no-good-gofers

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

I never had any problem with the shooter and guide action on my Laser Cue.

#23 4 years ago

Both the pins I own do this, albeit they both have electric launch mechanisms instead of plungers (Getaway & Jurassic Park). Might be easier to list the games that don’t.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Because it doesn’t work at all.

#26 4 years ago

JP and JP2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pinballs-got-threw-playfield-or-unique-plunger-shot?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.