(Topic ID: 146587)

Which Pinball Machine to have in my Vacation Home?

By BestShot31

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

678bd6445c04c03aea93d3b476d2665f48f2325b742aba24ffc9cd1804960fb1.jpg
    Richie_Rich.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BestShot31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I would like to ask the Pinside community for advice on which one pinball machine I should get for my vacation home. This home is about 1,000 miles away and is visited fairly infrequently, 2-4 times a year for a few days and as much as two weeks only. I would also take suggestions that having a pin just sitting in a mostly unoccupied home is silly.

I have a mix of post 90's Williams-Bally, Data East, Stern, PPS and JJP games in my main home and would not mind having a duplicate for the vacation home, but would rather mix it up a bit.

List of games in my permanent home:
    - AC/DC Premium
    - Iron Man
    - TSPP
    - WOZECLE
    - MMRLE
    - Star Trek Pro
    - Family Guy
    - LOTR
    - DESW
    - Indiana Jones (Williams)
    - Twilight Zone
    - Addams Family
    - Revenge From Mars
    - Funhouse
    - World Cup Soccer '94
    - TOTAN
    - Monster Bash

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Being played by one person or multiple people at the same time?

The game would mostly be played by me, as is usual in the main home too, but I do have to keep my wife and kids (late teens/college) in mind.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I would put the Family Guy there.

I was not thinking about transporting a game out of my collection, but that could be a possibility. I was thinking about buying another game to be placed in the vacation home.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from koen12344:

Anyway im not sure of the situation, but I wouldnt risk putting an all too valuable pinball machine in a vacation home that is unoccupied for most of the year...

Good point. The home is very secure with a monitored alarm system, but it's in an extremely safe town and cul-de-sac neighborhood on the water in a Southern warm/hot state (on the saltwater). It's also climate controlled throughout the year, so I'm not worried about temperature fluctuations per se.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

I actually do this for part of my business . I live near Disney world and put arcades into luxury vacation rental homes . If you have any questions please feel free to get ahold of me . Good luck

I'm not too far from you actually and would be glad to talk to you about getting another pin.
    However, would you or anyone else, recommend a game that I don't already own?

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from rviguet:

I don't rent out my house, so maintenance has not really been an issue. Marco usually is able to get parts to me during the weeks that I am there if I diagnose the problem early in the week.

Another point is that I also do not rent out my vacation home, but I do have friends and family that use it occasionally. The house is not big enough for more than one or two pins, it's just over 2,500 square feet without a basement, single story, modern great room open concept.

And yes, price is not an obstacle, I'm more concerned with keeping engaged with only one pin, since I'm used to a variety of pins.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

TWD or Metallica or Tron
    If I could only have 3 machines and money was not a factor, those would be my first 3 picks without hesitation.
    If you're looking for something that plays and feels different from your current collection get an EM or a Bally/Stern SS.

I'm seriously considering TWD Premium or possibly GOT Premium, but I would rather have them in my main home versus the vacation home. This is part of the dilemma. If I had one of these newer pins in my vacation home, I would be forced to visit it more often...

#31 8 years ago

Thanks for all the advice so far. It's validating my thoughts that the pin I put keep for occasional play should be something different than what I have in my collection, but not something new that I (or one of my family members) would rather play whenever I/we want to.

Fish Tales would be an excellent choice.
    POTC & STTNG are other good ones.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

why don't you just buy a few of the games already on your wishlist?

Great reminder. NGG, Pinball Magic or TOM are definitely in the mix. I would rather have the other pins on my wishlist in the main home.
    I will see what will be available during my X-Mas trip to Florida. A Pinball Magic would be ideal for the family, and me too.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Do you plan on inviting us over or something?

Well, heck yes, invitation good anytime, but especially in the winter - - - play some pinball, swim in the backyard pool or go to the beach, go fishing off the dock for some Redfish or take the boat out instead, then play some more pinball and have some good beer & cigars to end the day...

Right now the only part missing for me is the pinball playing part during my Florida vacations.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

Take the pin your most sick of in your main home to the vacation house and buy a new pin for your your main collection

I thought about this, but the pin would occupy pretty much the entire Van seating with only 3-4 seats left for the one thousand mile drive.
    I guess I can ship one or two of my pins instead of taking it there myself.

If I had to transport one of my existing games it would come down to WCS, RFM or Family Guy, but I would prefer to get something different.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BestShot31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pinball-machine-to-have-in-my-vacation-home?tu=BestShot31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.