(Topic ID: 25)

Which Pinball machine should I get??

By Fredaboy1

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 15 years ago

First of all: they're ALL great games!! At one point in time I had all three of these games in my gameroom (a varied gameroom with 20 machines total). At one point I needed some space and it was that awful time to sell one of the games. So I have faced the tough decision which one I would sell. Eventually I let the MM go. Here's why:

Twilight Zone is just a great game, but very different form MM/AFM I think. It has a totally different gameplay, much more stop-and-go, it's all based around modes and with a whoppin' 14 modes it's a very nicely varied game. The multiball is not my favourite - the kind where you have to make one hard shot for jackpot, then relight it, then shoot it again, etc. But all in all, the TZ is a legend and a very special game on its own (magnetic flippers, powerball, great wide-body implementation with many shots).

Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars are -in my opinion- very similar games in terms of game design, playfield layout even the rules and flow. The humour is also of the same great quality - these games are FUN! So what are the differences and why did I sell the MM eventually? Well, the biggest difference is the theme: Martians vs Knights. Both very cool and fun themes I think. Also different is the main toy: the castle vs the big saucer. The trolls vs the martians. The huge red dragon in MM. Medieval Madness wins that round for me. It just looks nicer in many ways. As for gameplay, like I said, I find it generally quite similar. The shots are layed out in the same positions with some slight variation. The AFM is the faster game I think. Both games have amazing fun multiballs (where all shots are a jackpot, then finish all of 'em to light super jackpot).

The biggest difference? Price. Reason I let MM go? Uhm. I guess the price. I found both games equally fun and it just came down to the big bucks (euros in my case). Sometimes I regret selling the MM, but I have recently bought a Stern Spiderman and that helps a lot in forgetting the MM.

Good luck with your decision!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 132.00
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pinball-machine-should-i-get-1?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.