Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 15 years ago

I'm contemplating on getting one of these pinball machines. Looking for some ideas of which one I should get and why? Or which ones to avoid??

The Getaway: High Speed II
Funhouse
Radical
Bride of pinbot

These machines are all fully shopped and relatively close to me, that's the reason for picking these 4 in particular. Prices vary of course, funhouse is definately the most expensive of the 4. Looking to get the best bang for my buck so to speak

#2 15 years ago

tough one. i'd go for BOP but it's all down to personal taste! Funhouse rates really well. radical being my last choice.

have you checked outy all the players reviews and ratings at ipdb.org? they'll help.

I always play ALOT on Visual pinball to see if i like them. The gameplay is not always correct but you can get a good idea of the games theme with VP.

#3 15 years ago

Thx Jules, and yes I've read alot of reviews of all the machines and I have played a couple of them in real life as well. I'd go for funhouse first I think, but the dollar figure throws me off a bit.

3 months later
#4 15 years ago

Funhouse all the way! second choice would be the Getaway.

#5 15 years ago

The Getaway is not as deep perhaps as Funhouse,but its way faster and a bigger rush.
I've only played Funhouse on the Wii with the excellent Williams Pinball Hall of Fame, personally I find Rudy slightly too creepy and the game too stop start. But it's definitely horses for courses. So maybe try before you buy. Bride of Pinbot is a cool game but if it's your only table it might get old fast.

If you dig Funhouse go for it, otherwise why not go for one of the cheaper ones and start putting the savings towards your second... It's surely just a matter of time

3 years later
#6 11 years ago

The early days of pinside. Lucky to have 5 posts, wonder what pin tomdotcom got?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

The early days of pinside. Lucky to have 5 posts, wonder what pin tomdotcom got?

Based on his ownership history, I'm going out on a limb to say The Getaway.

#8 11 years ago

Wonder what the dollar figure on FH was back then.

#9 11 years ago

High speed 2 is pure fun, fast and loud. Played if the other day and just had a blast.

#10 11 years ago

I would say FH first then BOP.

#11 11 years ago

funhouse (just because that's the one I want!).

#12 11 years ago

I like High Speed 2 personally. But a lot of that is the car subject matter. Great game either way. Funhouse it a little creepy, but its a cool game with plenty to do.

I know a lot of people love BOP, but its really a one shot game and once you hit the Billion shot, the romance is lost. I would go with HS2 or FH.

#13 11 years ago

Yeah, it would be fun to go back in time and find out what he got and how much he paid...

#14 11 years ago

Jesus on a bicycle! I didnt pay any attention to what was going on here. I thought this was recent. Well Tomdotcom my recommendation still stands.

#15 11 years ago

Yep I got HSII, and sold it later to a nice family in my hometown. I've actually been back to fix it for her a couple times in the last few years...great game, but it did get fairly easy for me after awhile...loops loops and more loops

#16 11 years ago

Sold it for 2500 I think....

#17 11 years ago

Funhouse

#19 11 years ago

It's over...this is a 4 year old thread....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pinball-machine-should-i-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.