• Latest reply 8 years ago by bridgeman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0054.JPG
images3.jpeg
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this. But yea, SM wins the flow dept.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

And Tron is not a top flow game imho.. more of a "react" game. Most of the time you are just trying to get the ball under control.

Then that is an issue regarding the definition of "flow". Just because the ball isn't under control doesn't mean that the pin doesn't have flow in my opinion. I think others are interpreting flow as the ball being under control as it goes around orbits, ramps, etc.

#53 11 years ago

Hook has better flow than Tron.

#54 11 years ago

JM without a doubt.....not even a contest.

#56 11 years ago

My votes would be on HSII and Spider-Man. Hopefully, the best has yet to come!

#57 11 years ago

ST:TNG if you are playing well. SCARED STIFF is good as well. Spider-Man if the flippers were stronger. I upgraded my SM coils to PinballLife's version for LOTR.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Then that is an issue regarding the definition of "flow". Just because the ball isn't under control doesn't mean that the pin doesn't have flow in my opinion. I think others are interpreting flow as the ball being under control as it goes around orbits, ramps, etc.

Tron's disc is anti-flow.
Tron's scoop is anti-flow.
Left orbit is anti-flow.
Gem shot is anti-flow.

Now please interpret flow for me Rob, since I apparently don't understand what "flow" means.

#59 11 years ago

TAF, IJ4 DINER

#60 11 years ago
#61 11 years ago

i would say SM and AFM where AFM is the faster one IMHO

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hook has better flow than Tron.

Are you serous!

#63 11 years ago

Most data east games have terrible flow!

#64 11 years ago

TS, Tron

#65 11 years ago

AFM does nothing but flow..and smash your hopes and dreams. AFM makes me want to flip it over on its face half the time. Mostly because I suck

#66 11 years ago

JD hasn't been mentioned?

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Tron's disc is anti-flow.
Tron's scoop is anti-flow.
Left orbit is anti-flow.
Gem shot is anti-flow.
Now please interpret flow for me Rob, since I apparently don't understand what "flow" means.

Simply put, I disagree with every one of the things that you list above except the scoop.

If you think the left orbit, disc and Gem shots are "anti-flow", then there is nothing more to discuss other than saying we will agree to disagree.

#69 11 years ago

Rob,
great game and has flow. I just dont think it ranks up there with the other nominees.

#70 11 years ago

Flow = ball not stopping much

Iron Man is by far the best flowing game. You can set it so that nothing slows the ball down

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rob,
great game and has flow. I just dont think it ranks up there with the other nominees.

Yep, and I agree with that.

#72 11 years ago

Of the games I have a lot of play on, Theater of Magic, Black Knight 2000 and Demolition Man are pretty obvious choices. For me, Tron was about as stop and go as I can remember playing, but that could have oh... I don't know, about 90% to do with it kicking my ass over and over and over and over again. I'm very good at the top three and just shits at Tron.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

JD hasn't been mentioned?

It was:

Quoted from tamoore:

No Fear when you get it singing, as well as Judge Dredd.
Games without pop bumpers tend to flow really well.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

wow i'm suprised, nobody said ac/dc yet.

I did.....in a round about way.

Quoted from Astropin:

Just about anything that says "Designed by Steve Ritchie".

#75 11 years ago

SM or surprise entry - ID4.

#76 11 years ago

Best flow wil be The Matrix.
Whithout a doubt is Johnny Mmemonic the machine whit the best flow.
But whit some TLC tranform it in a The Matrix en adjust the rules and there you have the machine whit the best flow

#77 11 years ago

I would probably go for No Fear - relentless speed!

#78 11 years ago

Only if you can hit your shots!

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Spider-Man if the flippers were stronger. I upgraded my SM coils to PinballLife's version for LOTR.

My stock flippers are plenty strong...

#80 11 years ago

Demolition Man. The Cryo-Claw is the only thing that slows it down

#81 11 years ago

STTNG has the best combo in pinball. Great combos as well for Search the Galaxy... SM aint bad but the loops stop the ball more than they let it go round. HS2 is up there as well. Opps DM is up there as well. Given that it has so many combos this is an indicator of a flow game.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

STTNG has the best combo in pinball. Great combos as well for Search the Galaxy... SM aint bad but the loops stop the ball more than they let it go round. HS2 is up there as well. Opps DM is up there as well. Given that it has so many combos this is an indicator of a flow game.

SM loops when shot as part of a combo flow back to the flippers.

#83 11 years ago

true but they dont happen that often from the left loop... Good flow game tho... agreed

#84 11 years ago

Grand Lizard

What inhibits "flow" ?
* ball locks / captures
* animations
* pop bumpers

Grand Lizard has: no pop bumpers, no animations, and only 1 ball lock.

case closed!
MOF

#85 11 years ago

Popeye!

#86 11 years ago

Yo Taxi....

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

My vote would be Judge Dredd

How you figure JD has flow? I own it, and it seems to be lots of starts and stops.
In my HO it has terrible flow. Hell, my Cyclone has more flow than JD does.

For me the flow kings are: AC/DC, TRON, TOM, T2

#88 11 years ago

FishTales!

#89 11 years ago

JD and WH2O out of the games I've owned

#90 11 years ago

What is flow?
What isn't flow?

I'm seeing people choose machines that have some or a lot of stop-n-go in them, and they wouldn't pass as having flow to me.

Please put something in your answer about what flow means to you, and WHY you are picking your machine.

thanks!
MOF

#91 11 years ago

FLO

images3.jpegimages3.jpeg

She means everything to me in pinball

#92 11 years ago

Scared Stiff has got really good flow. Nailing the Bat ramp then Bony beast ramp in Stiff in the coffin Multi-ball. Repeating the bat ramp X number of times to award extra ball. Terror from the Crate Multi-ball nailing the crate has interesting flow. Stiff-O-Meter alternating left/right Ramps then nail Crate to beat Wizard mode . Good flow. This pinball should qualify.

100_0054.JPG100_0054.JPG

#93 11 years ago

I think Corvette must be mentioned too.

#94 11 years ago

Judge Dredd actually has the best flow I've seen in any game.

Getaway has a less complicated but equally perfect flow.

I don't understand how people say Tron is a flow game; the center shot is 100% anti-flow. Then again, the same can be said for Attack from Mars' middle saucer shots.

#95 11 years ago

SM by a mile.

#97 11 years ago

The Getaway that was at the Regular Ole Bash this weekend had the most speed and flow I've ever seen on any game before. Even more flow and speed than my DM or any other DM I've played before.

#98 11 years ago

The Getaway or ACDC. Both have great flow. I may give the edge to Getaway in the flow department due to complete right and left orbit shots.

2 weeks later
#99 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What is flow?
What isn't flow?

Games that have a shot that leads to another and another and another. Most games have shots that lead to other shots, but I wouldn't call it flow unless its the intended shot. MM and AFM aren't great flow games to me. They both have right and left ramp shots that feel good when you combo them together, but they aren't a big part of the game. Most of the time you're shooting up the middle and back down to the flippers.
Getaway and White Water are my top 2 choices. I haven't played enough SM or STTNG to have an opinion, but the combos sound like they would be top choices too.

#100 10 years ago

This will be unpopular, but any game that doesn't require the player to either wait for a ball to return from somewhere or watch a DMD annimation.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

17,250 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pinball-machine-has-the-best-flow/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.