Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by heckheck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

the whole Stern LE thing with limited availability has turned me off.

Instead I would like to send a message and not give Stern my business and buy exclusively JJP.
    Jim

You don't like "limited availability" so your moving from Stern to JJP?????

mmmmkay.

That'll show 'em!

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Why does JJP get all this praise for doing things right when they have continuously flat out lied about their product. In no other business/hobby/situation do I think a company would still have a reputation after all they've been through. They've not even released a product yet so how can you evaluate them at all?

SLIGHT double standard...

A few people will get "stuck" with premiums instead of LE's and there's a huge thread where the lawyers are contemplating a breech of contract suit against Stern.

JJP takes full payment, promised delivery dates come and go, and same said lawyers are singing kumbaya....

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

there are real good reasons why manufacturers don't sell "direct to the public" and instead go through distributors (none of them unique to pinball, fwiw)...

it's not a viable business model...

Yup... those idiots at Apple don't know what the f%^#$ they're doing!

just kidding.... you're right, distribution is the right channel for many manufacturers, but SOME find way to sell without it....

Distributors and resellers also flourish where there is some value-add that they provide. However, I suspect when folks see that they make a purchase, pay a dist cash, then their machine is drop-shipped right from stern- they might not be seeing that value-add...

Perhaps Stern could mix the sales model:
    LE preorders done completely via website (no HUGE sales team needed) direct from factory
    All other models (including LE's) still avail via distributors....

Frankly though, the METLE drama notwithstanding, the current model doesnt seem broken- not sure they are interested in fixing it.

JJP selling direct could change the landscape a bit, but we;ll have to wait and see on that front...

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I think we need more threads like this one. Way more. In fact, if we could just start up a whole sub-forum for whining about Stern LEs, that would be ideal.

You're right.

Its too bad everyone is forced to read (and POST) in every thread, even the ones they have no interest in...

If only there was a way to just skip the topics that don't interest people.....

oh...wait....

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Having duplicate threads for the same topic pushes other threads off the front page.

Tell me more.

How do these threads move up the front page?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pinball-company-will-get-my-business-and-why?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.