(Topic ID: 170235)

Which pinball company are you most excited about right now?

By pinlink

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which pinball company are you most excited about right now?”

• JJP 59 votes
      41%
    • Stern 19 votes
      13%
    • Spooky 14 votes
      10%
    • Heighway 25 votes
      17%
    • Dutch Pinball 4 votes
      3%
    • Homepin 2 votes
      1%
    • American Pinball 12 votes
      8%
    • Other 8 votes
      6%

(143 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinbox (resized).jpg
    w19 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I have been a huge Stern fan and supporter in the past but due to recent events (won’t get into those) I am now more excited about other options. Mainly JJP/JJP#3. That got me wondering if other people’s excitement has shifted lately. There are more options for new pins and new companies than there has been for many years, which is a wonderful thing. Which company are you most excited about? Which pin? Has that changed recently?

JJP
    Stern
    Spooky
    Heighway
    Dutch Pinball
    Homepin
    American Pinball
    PPS
    Multimorphic
    Others?

#2 2 years ago

Chicago Coin

#3 2 years ago

Just recently received a new RR WOZ and I cannot begin to articulate how gorgeous and substantial a pin it is. By comparison, the Sterns we have don't even come close to the quality that JJP has shown. I am on pins and needles waiting to hear about the new JJP reveal at this year's expo. If it's as good or better than WOZ and an interesting theme, I'm pretty sure my husband and I will be lining up to buy it.

#4 2 years ago

#5 2 years ago

JJP seems to be the company that's producing the best quality for our money. Sure as hell not Stern!

#6 2 years ago

Ahh shoot. I knew I would forget a couple. PPS and Multimorphic. I am definitely excited about the P3 and Multimorphic.

Can a mod edit the poll to include these?

#7 2 years ago

I'm excited for pinball. We have a lot of great things happening and coming.

LTG : )

#8 2 years ago

None. Prices are way too high.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

None. Prices are way too high.

Too high for what? They are selling out of games before anyone is even allowed to see them, so apparently not.

I totally agree with you, Force. I think prices are insane. My point is that the manufactures don't agree because the pin community is showing them that the prices are just fine.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Too high for what? They are selling out of games before anyone is even allowed to see them, so apparently not.
    I totally agree with you, Force. I think prices are insane. My point is that the manufactures don't agree because the pin community is showing them that the prices are just fine.

Yup, I think it's bonkers.

#11 2 years ago

Some people don't care about price because they got into collecting really early back when Twilight zones could be had for $1000. So now they sell their TZ's for 5x what they paid for it. Multiply by 6-7 games in the same boat as their TZ. Eventually that well will dry out.

JJP has my full attention for their release of game 3.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Ahh shoot. I knew I would forget a couple. PPS and Multimorphic. I am definitely excited about the P3 and Multimorphic.
    Can a mod edit the poll to include these?

Sadly, I don't think anyone can except Robin (?). You would probably have to close this thread and open a new one with an updated list. I can do that if you want.

#13 2 years ago

Amen, Brother! How about we have a year where none of the companies on the list who have produced a game do anything new and just fix the broke shit they have already sold to their customers? It would truly be amazing to see companies focus on quality over quantity. My last two NIB purchases have just about soured me on this entire hobby. Getting sick and tired of being a beta tester who is paying full price.

#14 2 years ago

#15 2 years ago

After playing a Finished Hobbit rather than a Proto-type at the York show this past weekend, if I could own one pin, it would the Hobbit! I discovered more great shots and depth than ever before. Getting the first multi-ball is AWESOME. Everything else pales in comparison in MHO. Not trying to start another Stern vs Hobbit as I love stern games too. But someone asked me if I would prefer to have a LOTR (My Grail game) or Hobbit and now I would have to say the Hobbit. SO VERY THANKFUL that JERSEY JACK took the plunge and Risk!!! I love what they are doing and I am exited to see game #3....
    w19 (resized).jpg

#16 2 years ago

Stern & JJP

#17 2 years ago

I'd have to say only Stern. The other manufactures make or may make cool stuff, but the pricing is out of what I’m willing to ever pay for a new game. I can justify paying up to $5000 for a game, but nothing more. I enjoy playing other people’s Hobbits, Medieval Madness, WOZ, etc, but I don’t want to own them at those prices.

#18 2 years ago

I am waiting for the resurrection of Gottlieb to be excited.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I'd have to say only Stern.

I can justify paying up to $5000 for a game, but nothing more.

So, not Stern?

#20 2 years ago

JJP - I was not a fan of WOZ, but I did purchase the hobbit and it is the most played pin at the moment, I'm excited to see #3.

Chicago Gaming - MMR has been a good pin, I'm looking forward to the next remake.

Heighway - The in field display has caught my interest, I still have not seen a Heighway pin in person but Alien Pinball has my attention.

Spooky - Waiting to see whats next after Rob Zombie.

Stern - I will no longer purchase a Stern product, I currently have a Ghostbusters LE and the PF is a POS. I have been told my replacement PF will be switched out. You put your populated PF in a box that will be sent to you and then a populated PF will be sent back, some time in January!

I totally agree with everyone regarding the prices being insane. The problem is the demand for the latest and greatest pins, we have shown the manufactures that we are willing to purchase a pin sight unseen. As long as they have no issue selling at this price point we will continue to be gouged or priced out of the market.

#21 2 years ago

I can justify paying up to $5000 for a game

I'm trying to visualize a P3 game that costs more than $5k, and wow, that would be an impressively complex/intricate game. At an expected $2000-$2500 per game kit, the $5k barrier isn't one I foresee breaking very often.

The price per game discussion is always interesting, and we can all wish machines were less expensive, but I suspect you'll never see a reasonably modern, standard-sized mechanical pinball machine at $5k ever again, at least not from a company trying to stay in business. What you will see the pinball industry do is follow the path of so many other industries that have moved from single-app machines/devices to multi-app platforms. That's the only way to keep similar playing mechanics and complexities while lowering the price-per-game. Amortized over the cost of a game library, the up-front cost of buying a platform is minimal too.

Despite my obvious biases, this is what I think will happen to the pinball industry. What seems unusual and different now will be seen as mainstream 5 years from now.

- Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from jazzmaster:

Amen, Brother! How about we have a year where none of the companies on the list who have produced a game do anything new and just fix the broke shit they have already sold to their customers? It would truly be amazing to see companies focus on quality over quantity. My last two NIB purchases have just about soured me on this entire hobby. Getting sick and tired of being a beta tester who is paying full price.

Honestly, between the prices, over-saturation of new titles coming out all at once, legitimate issues/complaints of those new titles, production hiccups & drama, jpop/skitb drama, invented drama for the sake of drama, and remarks bordering on intentional sabotage against manufacturers, I'm feeling a bit deflated this year. I'm not the only one who feels a little deflated, either.

On the other hand, it has been a long time since pinball manufacturing has been this vibrant, which is awesome.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am waiting for the resurrection of Gottlieb to be excited.

As long as they make wedgeheads they should be okay.

#24 2 years ago

I think they are all great
    Each one has a different approach to this hobby and thus will speak to different customers

Win for all

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from RickAHG:

I totally agree with everyone regarding the prices being insane. The problem is the demand for the latest and greatest pins, we have shown the manufactures that we are willing to purchase a pin sight unseen. As long as they have no issue selling at this price point we will continue to be gouged or priced out of the market.

Not all of us. Some of us have laser etched our lines in concrete saying "nope".

I'll pay $5000+ for games that don't fall apart after sub 200 plays like, oh I don't know, the B/W Class of 1992-1998.

#26 2 years ago

With all the choices out there today, I'm gonna go with being most excited about this little guy. He's not gettin' a whole lot of attention recently, and is probably feeling left out.

pinbox (resized).jpg

#27 2 years ago

This week it's Bally.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This week it's Bally.

Amen to that, brother!

#29 2 years ago

I used to be pretty juiced for Stern... until the price hikes and the Batman 66 nonsense.

JJP has pretty much taken all of my attention.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 27.99
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 64.00
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 137.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 244.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside