• Monster Bash 18 votes
    36%
  • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
    20%
  • Twilight Zone 22 votes
    44%

(50 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 7 years ago

So I'm new to actually owning pins. My wife and I picked up TSPP about a month ago. I'm already planning for our next one. I really like MB, CV, and TZ. These are the three that I really want to get next. My question from those in the hobby far longer than myself is, do I go for the most costly and work backward? Or, just get the one that is the most readily available at the time?

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I really like MB, CV, and TZ. These are the three that I really want to get next.

Well, what about your wife? You should get one that you both enjoy playing to keep her interested in the hobby and hopefully expand to having 10 games or more.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Well, what about your wife? You should get one that you both enjoy playing to keep her interested in the hobby and hopefully expand to having 10 games or more.

We have played all three and she said she would be happy with all of them, she's leaving it up to me.

#4 7 years ago

A nice moded TZ would get my money!!

#5 7 years ago

Have you played all 3? CV looks the best but plays the weakest and MB is twice the price of TZ.
TZ is the deepest and easiest to obtain. Maybe start there...

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Have you played all 3? CV looks the best but plays the weakest and MB is twice the price of TZ.
TZ is the deepest and easiest to obtain. Maybe start there...

Yes, we have both played all three and have them at the top of our list for what we would like next. I guess I'm happy were both on the same page with what we want next!

#7 7 years ago

Then you can't go wrong! Buy one and enjoy it

#8 7 years ago

Go tz over the other two. Plus it's cheaper.

#9 7 years ago

Twilight Zone then Cirquis Voltaire

#10 7 years ago

Full Throttle

#11 7 years ago

Find all three pic the one in the nices condition.

#12 7 years ago

As good as MB is, I think it is better in a larger collection. TZ is probably your best choice in a 2 game collection.

#13 7 years ago

This

#14 7 years ago

Out of your choices I'd rank them TZ, MB, then CV. For a long time I wanted a CV. Then I became a better player and got a little time on it. It became apparent that it would get boring pretty quickly in a small collection. I lIke both TZ and MB but can't justify the price premium for MB.

All that being said, it can take awhile to find a game if you're only looking for one title. I'd keep an eye out for a good deal on any of the three with a preference to TZ.

#15 7 years ago

Monster bash, will compliment your Simpsons because it's not crazy deep an easier to understand what u need to do. Simpsons is a very full on game so I wouldn't get anything with a super deep rule set so u can have a game that has that one more game feel, without having to go through a marathon to try an get back to where u were previously.

#16 7 years ago

in all honesty, if those are your 3 choices for pin#2 then you have not played enough pins IMO. Those 3 being the options are as cookie cutter as it could get.

There are so many more games that are good for way less money.

MB and CV in particular are WAY over priced for what they offer. MB is a pretty boring game play and CV is pretty but that is about it.

I would say to hold onto your money and go play more pinball. If you must get one of those, then TZ is by far the best with the greatest longevity in a small collection. Also if you like the deeper games like TSPP then TZ fits.

#17 7 years ago

Another vote for TZ, a game I learnt to love.
However keep in mind it's a heavy beast loaded with stuff... how good are you at pinball maintenance?

Quoted from Whysnow:

There are so many more games that are good for way less money.

There is that too.

#18 7 years ago

Agree with lots said above. For me it starts with WHY you're getting it. Are you intending on keeping it forever? If so, look for the pin in the best condition. If you'll play and eventually sell, look for the best deal. If it's not your forever pin, don't sweat it.

TSPP is a bit of stop and go, so TZ can be considered similar, but for my $$$, it's still the best of the 3 mentioned.

#19 7 years ago

I chose CV due to the fact that you like all three. TZ is too similar to TSPP (deep ruleset and a lot going on) and MB while fun, is just not worth the money it's bringing right now. That leaves CV. Honestly, if I were you I'd reconsider those choices unless you're set on them, then by all means pull the trigger, great games. Because of maintenance requirement and money I'd stick with getting yourself another stern, newer HUO that's fun.

#20 7 years ago

All 3 of the pins are pricey and highly regarded pins (for good reason). I wouldn't leave the decision to the masses here at pinside to come up with a decision for you. You honestly can't go wrong picking of any of those pins. They are classics for their era. I'd get the pin that is more readily available for you at the time and cross it off your list...then focus on the other two.

#21 7 years ago

With that kind of money have you looked at nib games? You might find a decent TZ for less than $5000 but the others are very expensive games. I've always heard TZ can be a maintenance nightmare but it is a great game. I would just rather buy a new Stern pro for the money like a MET, ST, or GB. Shouldn't have to worry about any issues with a new game for many, many games. If you still like the older 90s pins, look around. There are a lot of great pins that sell a lot cheaper.

#22 7 years ago

Thank you all for your comments so far! I appreciate all of the input. As far as buying a new pin goes, none of the new ones really do it for me right now. Perhaps it's my nostalgia blinding me from playing the bally/williams pins over the years in arcades and bars.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Thank you all for your comments so far! I appreciate all of the input. As far as buying a new pin goes, none of the neuw ones really do it for me right now. Perhaps it's my nostalgia blinding me from playing the bally/williams pins over the years in arcades and bars.

I was pretty much in the same boat as you. I purchased a nice TZ a few months ago and couldn't be happier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 132.00
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-to-buy-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.