(Topic ID: 232652)

Which pin should I put an external sub on?

By Jimmyhonda

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pin15
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Which pin should I put an external sub on?
    MMR
    LOTR
    AFMR
    IJ
    TWD
    TRON

#2 5 years ago

I really like a sub on TWD.

#3 5 years ago

All of them

#5 5 years ago

I have never heard any game sound better with an external sub than Tron. Tron has a lot of electronic music with fantastic bass that only the external sub can really bring out. HIGHLY recommended.

Every other game on your list will improve the game but no like Tron. And IJ would be lower on my list because I found the quality of the music recording is just not that good so the sub doesn't add a whole lot (same with a game like GNR or Transformers.)

#6 5 years ago

I recommend the typical pinhead favorite ... the Polk PSW10. Typically found on sale in the $69 - $79 range (standard price being around $100). The PSW10 can accommodate up to 4 games on each sub.

#7 5 years ago

In my preferred order: TWD, Tron, LOTR. No opinion on IJ (never heard it with a sub; that said I usually don't bother with any B/W games.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

I recommend the typical pinhead favorite ... the Polk PSW10. Typically found on sale in the $69 - $79 range (standard price being around $100). The PSW10 can accommodate up to 4 games on each sub.

How do you connect 4 pins to it? Does anything else need to be purchased for each pin?

Thanks

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from pduffy:

How do you connect 4 pins to it? Does anything else need to be purchased for each pin?
    Thanks

Nope, nothing else is needed. It just has 4 separate pairs of ports on the back to accommodate up to 4 devices at onces (standard speaker wire.) Great sound quality and bang for your buck.

Just keep an eye on it and wait for a price drop.

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_1

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from pduffy:

Thanks

Oh, and you just solder speaker wire directly to the internal sub on each pin. Preferably don't use alligator clips as some folks have suggested they're not always reliable. Run the speaker wire out the back of your game (through one of the holes covered by mesh) and run it to the sub. Very easy.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Oh, and you just solder speaker wire directly to the internal sub on each pin. Preferably don't use alligator clips as some folks have suggested they're not always reliable. Run the speaker wire out the back of your game (through one of the holes covered by mesh) and run it to the sub. Very easy.

Thanks!

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from pduffy:

Thanks

With Pinnovators mixer the inputs are each isolated and you can adjust the volume on each individually. It's a great little gadget.

#13 5 years ago

Tron by a mile.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-should-i-put-an-external-sub-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.