(Topic ID: 265156)

Which Pin Should I Add to my Collection???

By SOMaine5-0

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Game Should I add?”

• Aerosmith Pro 11 votes
      14%
    • Iron Man Vault 27 votes
      35%
    • Star Trek Pro 39 votes
      51%

(77 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Looking for some group advice. I currently have the following games in my collection -

Star Wars Pro
    Jurassic Park Pro
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    Stranger Things Pro
    Ghostbusters Pro
    Deadpool Pro
    Batman 66

I have every intention of purchasing Ninja Turtles when its released.

I'm looking to add one more modern Stern. Keeping in mind I am trying to keep some variety and not have games that are too similar...

Right now I am thinking about Aerosmith Pro, Star Trek Pro, or Iron Man Vault. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance

#2 4 years ago

Star Trek. Only game I’ve sold and regretted. I own 8 pin collection and it was always the first to play and last to play when all games were on. Fast. Difficult. Lots of multiballs. Only problem is code is kinda poopy. Shoot the flashing shot. However the shots are amazing. Lots of great backhandable shots. Hyper loop is epic. No brained here.

#3 4 years ago

I’d go with Star Trek pro. I’m on my second one. It’s currently out on route (brewery closed) but I owned my first for 2 years. It’s my wife’s favorite pin. Love the layout and 3 ramps. Enjoyable for beginner players and fun for more experienced players.

Iron Man is great if you want a more brutal game with shorter ball times. I always enjoy playing it, but not quite as deep.

#4 4 years ago

Led Zepplin, Rush, Minions, TMNT, 007.

Why limit yourself to one.

Get them all as they come out.

LTG : )

#5 4 years ago

Not listed as an option, but IMDN would be my pick.

#6 4 years ago

I've had Maiden. In trying to not be too similar I feel like Jurassic Park is the more complete Maiden if that makes sense

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You left out....

JAWS
    Back To The Future
    American McGee's Alice In Wonderland
    Pink Floyd
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
    Space Balls
    Big Trouble In Little China
    Harry Potter
    Killer Klowns From Outter Space
    Gremlins
    Beetlejuice
    Goonies
    Walt Disney World : Theme Parks Underglass
    The Fifth Element
    Tron 1982
    Fast & The Furious
    Pulp Fiction The Pinball Mother F*ucker edition
    Toy Story
    Blade Runner
    Matrix
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Pinball Adventure
    Futurama shut up and take my money for the LE edition
    Grateful Dead
    Bob Marley
    E.T.
    DUNE
    Big Bang Theory
    Forbidden Planet
    Scooby Doo
    Dr. Strange & The Pinball Universe
    Evil Dead
    Godzilla Remake
    Die Hard
    Mad Max
    Resident Evil

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from SOMaine5-0:

I've had Maiden. In trying to not be too similar I feel like Jurassic Park is the more complete Maiden if that makes sense

Fair enough. I'd take Maiden over JP, but I'm probably in the minority. In that case, I vote for Star Trek.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

You left out....

I only listed things I heard.

No idea how accurate or not. Or when or what order.

#10 4 years ago

I own all three and my favorite is probably Iron Man fast paced game that keeps you on your toes.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from SOMaine5-0:

I feel like Jurassic Park is the more complete Maiden if that makes sense

Don’t agree, but many enjoy the JP theme better.

You have good mix now, ST for the third flipper, but not sure if it adds that much more variety.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lt, is zepp a reality and when is an approximate release date, or virus? Thx

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Lt, is zepp a reality and when is an approximate release date, pre virus? Thx

#14 4 years ago

Twd

#16 4 years ago

How bout AC/DC or Met ???

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

How bout AC/DC or Met ???

Honestly comes down to theme for me first playability second. I dont own any music pins but AC/DC and Metallica really arent my cup of tea. I had an Iron Maiden before

#18 4 years ago

I owned Star Trek for a while and have had my IM for 5 years. IM is still here and ST eventually got moved along...fun game, but it's no IM.

#19 4 years ago

I like Aerosmith and iron man out of your choices, but if you want something really different why not consider any jjp? Most your games probably do feel similar, Just my opinion.

#20 4 years ago

I would go with ST out of your choices. miss that one

#21 4 years ago

I love Star Trek but if you're looking for variety save a few grand and get a system 11 or a classic bally. Whirlwind!

#22 4 years ago

Iron Man of course. I have IM for years, ST only last one week in my house. ST code is boring, IM is exciting.

#23 4 years ago

EHOH - excellent total package of music, call outs, toys, and clips. One of more underrated modern Stern pins in recent memory.

#24 4 years ago

I got a ST Pro a few months ago. Wow, what a surprise hit. Fast, fun, and just a rush to shoot. Great sound (Cleland mix), layout, callouts, light show.

#25 4 years ago

Star Trek by a good margin over Iron Man and by huge margin over Aerosmith. I think I may even take Wrestling over AS.. Really need a Bally/Williams in that collection.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from SOMaine5-0:

Looking for some group advice. I currently have the following games in my collection -
    Star Wars Pro
    Jurassic Park Pro
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    Stranger Things Pro
    Ghostbusters Pro
    Deadpool Pro
    Batman 66
    I have every intention of purchasing Ninja Turtles when its released.
    I'm looking to add one more modern Stern. Keeping in mind I am trying to keep some variety and not have games that are too similar...
    Right now I am thinking about Aerosmith Pro, Star Trek Pro, or Iron Man Vault. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance

how about anything but a stern?

#27 4 years ago

I voted Star Trek, but I have to ask...why not MET or TWD? One of those would be my suggestion.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I voted Star Trek, but I have to ask...why not MET or TWD? One of those would be my suggestion.

Metallica as a theme doesnt do it for me. Cant stand their music. Had TWD for a while. It was a blast but after a year I found myself playing it less and less.

#29 4 years ago

Star Trek Pro is by far the best bang for your buck right now. The market is flooded with them and you can pic one up for $4300 if you are patient. Great great flow, great theme, great sounds.........great game!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-should-i-add-to-my-collection?hl=toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.