(Topic ID: 242317)

Which Pin Left a Perfect First Impression?

By PinDoctor82

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcuzz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3251A2F4-9519-4D97-A170-B6DC956A0A6A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

For me it was definitely X-Men LE. My buddy bought one right after it was released and had a few of us over to check it out. The artwork instantly grabbed me, especially the mirrored backglass that no pictures can do justice. But the second I saw the start of Magneto multiball, with the magnet/spinning disk combo, I needed one. Not to mention the color changing GI, which I had never seen done before (at least not to that extent), absolutely blew me away. Couldn't stop thinking about it and knew I had to have one someday, but the price wasn't even close to my ballpark at the time.

Not too long after that, my buddy put his up for sale. I jokingly (?) commented that I would trade half my collection for it. He didn't take me up on it, but thankfully someone else saw my comment and told me he would do just that. I ended up trading six machines for a slightly used Wolverine of my own. Never regretted it, even once it tanked in value and the value of the machines I traded shot up. It was a pretty fair trade at the time (7 years ago), but now those machines are probably worth about $12k total. LOL! Still zero regrets as I love that game as much now as I did that first time I saw it. Thankfully the code has come a LONG way since that first night! I have thought about trading it out for something else many times, but just can never go through with it, even though it is one of the longest standing machines in my collection now. Pretty sure it will be here for a long time to come.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-left-a-perfect-first-impression?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.