(Topic ID: 242317)

Which Pin Left a Perfect First Impression?

By PinDoctor82

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcuzz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3251A2F4-9519-4D97-A170-B6DC956A0A6A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDoctor82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

After Pinfest, I'm left thinking about a specific game and figured we've all had similar experiences where a game just hits every button possible when we weren't impacted by any hype or other influencing factors. Have you played a pinball machine that you immediately fell in love with unexpectedly, putting it ahead of all of the other games already on your "wishlist"?

For me it's Tron. I played it and it was almost immediately a must-have. I was blown away by every aspect of the game. I honestly can't believe this happened, because I haven't seen Tron Legacy (*yet*); it just totally consumed me and I can't stop thinking about how I need to play it again. Addams Family and Medieval Madness are no longer necessities; I am fixated on a Tron (AFM LE is still safe because it's awesome and my dad loves it). It would immediately become a pin I would never sell or trade if I managed to get one.

I would put this over my experience with Ghostbusters, which was bound to be a success because of my love for that franchise, and because it was the first pin I really played. Perhaps me playing Tron was fate...I didn't get to play it on Friday at Pinfest but I made sure I did on Saturday. What a game...this is the best kind of game too, one that's perfect without anyone else leading to believe it is before I've played it.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Who had a tron le at pinfest? thought they were only pros.

The one I played had the LE transilite and I was under the impression it was an LE with the topper and lighted ramps (I thought the pro lacked this).

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Most people have modded their pros to look as close to an LE as possible. The question is if it had drop targets? If it did, it is an LE.

I guess it may have actually been a pro. You, sir, are awesome. They must have upgraded the lighted ramps sequence. I thought the translites were different between the two and didn't think that they could be switched out, meanwhile I've done that with my Ghostbusters pro. I don't remember drop down targets on it, but I was mesmerized by everything else.

#11 4 years ago

I have to agree...Iron Maiden is as awesome as everyone says it is. I just need to listen to some of their music to perhaps appreciate the experience completely the next time I get to play it.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Not sure if I had that feeling this year.
    I was hoping it would be Wonka, but left kinda unsure about that one. I enjoyed ACNC even though the shots are tight. Deadpool was pretty good. Pinball refinery had a nice Pro I enjoyed.
    I also enjoyed playing his Rob Zombie. I may have the chance to pick one up for $4500. Not sure I could really lose on that deal.?

I had the same feeling about Wonka...the hype really affected that one. Great game, I just feel that it needs something more.

#42 4 years ago

The variation in answers is what makes this hobby awesome...so many awesome games, so many different tastes.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I think it is hard to have a great first impression from a game unless it truly introduces something unique to you, as a player. I think for most of us that have played hundreds of different pins, that means something new and fresh.
    JJP certainly sets the bar high these days for cutting edge (for the pinball world, anyway) innovations.

I agree that it's hard to have a perfect first impression, which is why the Tron experience blows me away. I never anticipated that. I realize that I haven't been on this forum much, but I've been extremely fortunate to play A LOT of pinball over the past few years since getting my first machine...I played plenty of games at this point, and many of them quite a bit, and Tron stood out. I hope you find one that makes you feel the way I did with Tron!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDoctor82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-left-a-perfect-first-impression?tu=PinDoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.