Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PaulROwen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spy Hunter (resized).png
    20210205_205647 (resized).jpg
    image-7.jpg
    image13 (resized).jpg
    20210201_191511 (resized).jpg
    20210201_181548 (resized).jpg
    16122278115348520195553866178288 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5507 (resized).JPG
    #1 3 years ago

I nominate my Big Game.

All 3 pops will take you SDTM in a heartbeat, while the two lower pops are equally adept at taking you out on either outlane.

It is this random assault on my senses that keeps me coming back for more.

IMG_5507 (resized).JPGIMG_5507 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

TNA. You only need one to ruin your day.

#3 3 years ago

TZ pops can be trouble

#4 3 years ago

I'd have to play yours, because I feel like BG pops are too far away from everything on that big PF.
    Abracadabra, old Chicago?
    TZ can be a nightmare on some machines

#5 3 years ago

Flash Gordon and Black Hole have some deadly pops.

#6 3 years ago

Agreed

16122278115348520195553866178288 (resized).jpg16122278115348520195553866178288 (resized).jpg
    #7 3 years ago

Rescue 911... Such a sucker shot up there, I only aim that direction when the ball save is on

#9 3 years ago

Old Chicago gets my vote. 20210201_181548 (resized).jpg20210201_181548 (resized).jpg

#10 3 years ago

Agree Flash Gordon but Twilight Zone and Addams can kill, too.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

TZ pops can be trouble

TZ. The league machine had great pops. Went to a show and played and the pops were drain-monsters.
    Very weird how the results can vary.

I’d vote AC/DC because the weird way the ball dribbles out of the pop-nest is prone to just fall SDTM

#12 3 years ago

Rick and Morty. That thing is diabolical.

#13 3 years ago

Stern Kiss...those pops are at the left orbit and I can’t tell you how many times the pops shoot it straight to right out lane.

#14 3 years ago

Stern Rolling Stones. Every trip into the pops is a left drain waiting to happen.

Alien Star. Every trip into the pops is a drain waiting to happen.

#15 3 years ago

R&M
    TZ
    AF
    XM

Basically any game with low pops

#16 3 years ago

The right outlane on Future Spa has a pop bumper hanging over it. If you can survive it, you'd better follow up with excellent nudging skills.

20210201_191511 (resized).jpg20210201_191511 (resized).jpg
    #17 3 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Old Chicago gets my vote. [quoted image]

Second Old Chicago.
    I sold a beautiful Old Chicago just because those pops pissed me off so much. It seemed like the pops got meaner the longer you played...

#18 3 years ago

Cyclopes left outlane and between the flippers.

image13 (resized).jpgimage13 (resized).jpg
    #20 3 years ago

SharpShooter, anytime the balls in the right lower pop bumper area you need to keep the right flipper up!

#21 3 years ago

Bally KISS. That center pop with nothing in front of it is no joke.

#22 3 years ago

Wonka’s pops can really ruin my day.

#23 3 years ago

WOZ: Big, fat outlanes plus an exposed haunted forest pop equals pure misery.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

WOZ: Big, fat outlanes plus an exposed haunted forest pop equals pure misery.

I usually don't have an issue with mine, TZ on the other hand is so bad I had to block off the outlane with an extra rubber or nobody would play it.

#25 3 years ago

I second Wonka! Every auto-plunge into the pops makes my b-hole tighten up!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Camvr2013:

I second Wonka! Every auto-plunge into the pops makes my b-hole tighten up!

You just dont hear that everyday

#27 3 years ago

Spanish Eyes.

#29 3 years ago

#pat-hand and Satin Doll (both Williams, 1975). SD (pictured) is probably the greater of two evils because of the extra flipper on the right.

image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg
    #30 3 years ago

Paragon or Meteor. The single deadly pop.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Flash Gordon and Black Hole have some deadly pops.

Flash Gordon for sure, that left lower pop on Black Hole is mean.

#32 3 years ago

Eight ball deluxe pops are no friend of mine

#33 3 years ago

Genie pops drop it right onto the divider between inlane and drain. So 50/50 that your ball is over if you end up in the pops on that one.

#34 3 years ago

How has Avatar not been mentioned yet? Not only does the ball stay in the pops for abnormally long times, but it SDTM'd so much when it left they had to add a factory approved spring wire modification to a post to divert it.

#35 3 years ago

Big game’s aren’t too bad. Zero risk from the top pop, the bottom two can go outlanes, but you’re rarely shooting anything that risks the type of shot that will risk those outlane pop drains.

Beast lair is nasty

TNA is scary but I’m not sure it’s ever drained my ball.

Any game with through the pops shots are dicey.

TWD by default because if not setup right, the feed from the pops is very hard to control.

AC/DC pop feed can be nasty too.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Stern Kiss...those pops are at the left orbit and I can’t tell you how many times the pops shoot it straight to right out lane.

You ain’t lying, those pops are vicious random drainers. I often short plunge just to avoid them all together.

#37 3 years ago

TWD.

Even when the game is perfectly level, it still seems to center drain out of them 50% time without a major nudge.

#38 3 years ago

Jpop's

You work for weeks and in some cases months and your hard earned cash goes straight down the drain. Jpop is easily the deadliest pops out there.

QSS

#39 3 years ago

Also agree with the Walking Dead. THE major design flaw in an otherwise great game. Made many location machines insanely frustrating to play.

#40 3 years ago

second the Alien Star comment. game is designed to feed the ball to the pops no matter how you play it, and the pops will SDTM or outlane in a heartbeat.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

AC/DC because the weird way the ball dribbles out of the pop-nest is prone to just fall SDTM

It’s probably the wire/spring at the bell area exit either missing or installed backwards. It should hit a flipper if the wire is properly installed.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Eight ball deluxe pops are no friend of mine

Get's my vote.

Anything with the upside down triangle of 3 pops without a stationary target in the middle is brutal.
    EBDLX gets a double brutal because of the design of the rubber ring layout to the right of the pops.

Stern Magic (same as Big Game) can be hell too.

#43 3 years ago

Seriously, there are many games on a nice Old Chicago that you don't even flip the ball on 2 of the balls .
    It can be absolutely brutal, but what a great game when you got it flowing, spinner, saucer, saucer..... We use it as the equalizer in any tied matches or disputes.

20210205_205647 (resized).jpg20210205_205647 (resized).jpg
    4 weeks later
    #44 3 years ago

Uncle Pinball LOVES a well-tuned OC! His, however, obviously had Satanic origins.
    Uncle Pinball's Podcast - Episode 74: The Old Chicago From Hell
    https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

#45 3 years ago

Spy hunter.
    WOZ.
    TWD, I sold it because the ball spent 90% of the time in there and if you can't control it when it does eventually come out, ball drain.

#46 3 years ago
    Spy Hunter (resized).pngSpy Hunter (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-has-the-deadliest-pops-?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.