• 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Squizz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2414.JPG
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I am looking for a new pin and I am wondering which pins have the best smash toys. I really like hulk or the crate of scared stiff. Why? I think its the sound

#2 9 years ago

I carry machines in my Toyota. Not smash them with it. Usually...

#3 9 years ago

Haha i just edited my topic, damn auto correction

#4 9 years ago

I love smashing Sparky! But I have limited options.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from McFlyBravo:

damn auto correction

I see what you did there.

#6 9 years ago

No lower playfield smash toy is *the best* smash toy, imo.
-
Having said that, I don't mind the ones that are at the very TOP of the playfield, so that I still have a full range of shots available all over the field:

Met
TOTAN
SS
TOM
TAF
FH
JY

All these have "bash toys" that don't feel "in the way" for me. Keep 'em in the upper PF.

-mof

#7 9 years ago

I love Frankenstein on MB.

#8 9 years ago
#10 9 years ago

Medieval Madness is the runaway winner for me here. Champion Pub is also pretty interesting and well-integrated, much better than Hulk in any case.

#11 9 years ago

Well since you mentioned Toyota, I can't help but think of the test car on Nascar. A bash toy that you actually bash.

#13 9 years ago

Loving "bicycle girl" on the walking dead. She's pretty and moans a lot

#14 9 years ago

The goalie with the magnet between his legs and the defenders (drop targets) on Striker extreme ,never gets old trying to score on him.

#15 9 years ago

I like ringing the bell on my AC/DC premium. The bell sound is damn satisfying and could probably be turned into a hell of a drinking game. The ringmaster on cirqus voltaire is fun to bash too.

#16 9 years ago

Bell on AC/DC is awesome...and I'd have to add the bookcase on TAF

#17 9 years ago

BBH, hands down. its a moving bash toy that brings joy.

#18 9 years ago

Metalica and sparky. So many fun shots.

#20 9 years ago

Does the post between one of the two ramps you meant to hit count?

#21 9 years ago

The crane on Batman TDK

#22 9 years ago

Crane on BDK ... very clever toy.

POTC Ship ... I can watch sinking ships all day.

L O T R ! ... nobody is better to bash than Balrog. YOU SHALL NOT PASS !!

Runner Up - RUDY!! ...he just plain badaZZ.

#23 9 years ago

Frankenstein when he's standing up on Monster Bash is my favorite. The hits just feel so smooth.

#24 9 years ago

Gotta be Mick on a stick .....

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I love Frankenstein on MB.

Don't forget Drac. If sound is what you like there are some great callouts when you smash Drac - and there's a bit more 'skill' involved.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Don't forget Drac. If sound is what you like there are some great callouts when you smash Drac - and there's a bit more 'skill' involved.

Good point. MB is just awesome.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Good point. MB is just awesome.

True that! MB is the reason I'm in the hobby.

#28 9 years ago

Ringmaster CV
MM gate

#29 9 years ago

Iron Man's Iron Monger. It's great because it's not there all the time taking up valuable floor space. It has the standard bash it X amount of times to start multiball but the game doesn't seem as reliant on the bash toy as some others.

#30 9 years ago

Buck on BBH or balrog on LoTR get my votes.

#31 9 years ago

I think the most satisfying bash toys are, Sparky in MET, the ACDC Bell, and the LOTR Balrog.

#32 9 years ago

Best: AFM is the best integrated into the game. I don't know if this counts but the ball lock on The Shadow is kind of slick, too.

Worst: WPT ace in the hole.

Post edited by Det_Deckard

#33 9 years ago

Dr. Evil on AP.

#34 9 years ago

Metallica - Sparky

Even better during "Battery" Crank It Up mode. The video animations of sparky getting the crap kicked out of him on every hit along with the sparky toy are really good.
If you haven't seen it, I found a video of it on youtube, starts around the 6 min mark...

#35 9 years ago

optimus prime on transformers LE. The hit reaction to that is similar to MM and the castle. those are about the only 2 games that normal hits on those "toys" send the balls all over the place in the air landing on plastics, etc and other places they ain't supposed to go.

#37 9 years ago

Gotta be Sparky , best Interactive bash toy of all time,!! Not sure if it can ever be beat.,
Just great call outs as he is being fried.! never gets old.! Add the shaker motor, just epic.

A close second, has got to be Iron monger on Iron Man, right in your face, music pumping,
just challenging you like a bully in a schoolyard at recess....,
gotta take him down.!!

Next, MM iron gate has just the perfect sound while bashing away at it, not to mention the trolls..
never get's old, call out's fit it perfectly...

The crane on Batman Dark Night is also a great one.., may be even better than MM, given
it moves , and making the adrenaline run through your bones, as your trying to get
to the last hit....

And then Big Buck Hunter, great moving bashing toy......

Then No good Gofer's, you have Buzz and Bud, 2 bash toys, with great call outs when hit..
"Don't hit me, hit Buzz"..lol...

And then LOTR,. I guess, hit Balrog who just mumbles something...lol..

#38 9 years ago

The walking dead has the well walker and the prison doors

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

The Walking Dead has the well walker and the prison doors

I will say it is above Balrog for sure, given they have magnet's to shoot the ball
to and fro, and then holding the ball for a multi-ball.

#40 9 years ago

1. SS crate
2. LOTR Balrog
3. Iron man

#41 9 years ago

I can't believe no one has said the Time Expander on Doctor Who yet.

#42 9 years ago

Yes, Champion Pub is terrific in my opinion also. Actually it is my favorite one. Especially going for the knockout using the side ramps that lead to the boxer's head (Sparky on MET would get my vote but I think those feel more like stand-up targets rather than bashing an actual toy).

Quoted from Law:

Medieval Madness is the runaway winner for me here. Champion Pub is also pretty interesting and well-integrated, much better than Hulk in any case.

#43 9 years ago

I haven't played everything,but yes,Genie and lamp are fun to bash.

Not a bash toy,but TZ clock millions w/lit target is just as good.

#44 9 years ago

Definitely Rudy. Nothing better than having the guy that's been bagging you out the whole game take a hit to the jaw.

#45 9 years ago

A few months ago I had a discussion with Roy Wils about what makes a great bash toy. That resulted in me making a list of bash toys on games. For me it turns out that the best, or most fun, bash toys are the ones that are interactive and reveal a hidden passage after being hit several times. The castle in MM is probably the best bash toy as it has 3 levels:
level 1: ball hits draw bridge and end in moat, lowers drawbridge after x shots
level 2: ball travels over drawbridge, hits castle gate, travels back across drawbridge, opens gate after x hits
level 3: ball enters castle to destroy it

Don't have the list in front of me, but I can't think of any other 3 level bash toys. Most are 1 or 2 level toys, with 1 level toys being completely static and 2 level toys revealing a new passage after being hit x times. Pinball Magazine no. 3 is likely to have an article on the best bash toys and why they are so much fun.

#46 9 years ago

Rudy.

#47 9 years ago

Yeah, MM, no contest.

#48 9 years ago

Lots of mentions of Rudy, but let me be the first to cast a ballot for Ted and his bulldozer in Roadshow. The dozer blade carries some risk on bash shots, can be difficult raising and lowering during jackpot shots, and Ted has one of the funniest multiball lock/starts out there...

"MMM...MMMPG......MMMMPGGGHHH.....aHHHHH!"

Later,
EV

#50 9 years ago

In my opinion, a bash toy is something that you need to hit over and over to trigger some sort of event (usually a mode or multiball). Rudy, for example, is not a bash toy. Hitting him over and over doesn't do anything (except award points, which is what any target in any game will do).

I'd vote castle in MM.

The SS crate is really cool too, especially the way it sucks in balls.

Sparky is cool too, but not especially inventive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 25.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-has-the-best-smash-toyota/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.