(Topic ID: 165966)

Which pin for my location?

By IdahoRealtor

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which of these earns and/or which would you play most on location?”

• The Simpsons Pinball Party 8 votes
      16%
    • Pirates of the Caribbean 9 votes
      18%
    • Iron Man 18 votes
      35%
    • Family Guy 8 votes
      16%
    • AC/DC Pro 8 votes
      16%

(51 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys! I'm planning to pick up another pin for my location soon from the above list. When I say "my location", I mean the location where I operate pins. I am not the owner. I split 50/50 with the owner. Trying to keep the next purchase around $4000.

I'm looking for some input on which of these titles is most likely to earn the best and have the most staying power. This particular location is an arcade, not a bar. If you have experience operating any of these pins, please share. If you have no experience operating pins, please select the one you'd play the most on location. Thank you!

#2 7 years ago

I'd say POTC. Very popular at shows with everyone of all ages, and I imagine it would do well on location. Maybe IM as a close second since marvel stuff is hot right now.

#3 7 years ago

I have got all of them on location and IM gets most played.

#4 7 years ago

Ironman
    Less going on, less to break, less calls to fix

#5 7 years ago

Iron Man and PotC have the most thematic appeal. I'd lean towards PotC if the players are going to be more casual, as it's a more forgiving game than Iron Man

#6 7 years ago

The fact that marvel movies these days attract a large audience with a demographic from young kids to fully grown adults and gross a lot of money; I personally think that putting an Iron Man pinball on location would be a safer bet because it would attract alot of attension. Iron man is one of those pins which looks simple at the naked eye but is brutal ; this will lead to the "one more game" factor, in result more money being pumped into the machine. Make sure to bling the game out with leds so it will stand out from the other arcade machines in the dark

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

The fact that marvel movies these days attract a large audience with a demographic from young kids to fully grown adults and gross a lot of money; I personally think that putting an Iron Man pinball on location would be a safer bet because it would attract alot of attension. Iron man is one of those pins which looks simple at the naked eye but is brutal ; this will lead to the "one more game" factor, in result more money being pumped into the machine. Make sure to bling the game out with leds so it will stand out from the other arcade machines in the dark

I've heard the "is there a magnet between the flippers" comment more than once from casual players.

#8 7 years ago

ironman by far.

It isnt even close with the others.

#9 7 years ago

Iron Man is too hard for casual players.

#10 7 years ago

Now thinking about it the best way to hook a casual player into pinball is a simple game so I think Potc is the best bet because it is kind of simple and the sinking ship can intrigue the player.

#11 7 years ago

I always stop at the Iron Man and burn 5 bucks.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from aveamike:

Iron Man is too hard for casual players.

the coin box says differently.

Super easy and intuitive what to do to start multiball. Noobs love that and obviously theme also.

#13 7 years ago

I dont know the exact ratio, but it's fair to say this location is half casual players and half serious players. The best earners so far have appealed to both types.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I dont know the exact ratio, but it's fair to say this location is half casual players and half serious players. The best earners so far have appealed to both types.

If thats the case it's iron man then. Pleasing the pinheads and also the casuals

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

IM is the clear winner based on that customer base.

#16 7 years ago

I have 11 pins on location. If I could make then all IMs in terms of popularity, low downtime (still waiting for a real issue after 7k plays), and fun I would.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I have 11 pins on location. If I could make then all IMs in terms of popularity, low downtime (still waiting for a real issue after 7k plays), and fun I would.

That may be the most compelling recommendation yet. Leaning toward IM.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've heard the "is there a magnet between the flippers" comment more than once from casual players.

I've also heard that more than once with just about any pinball game.

#19 7 years ago

Put out an Ironman on easy settings. Starts off with more intense music and casual players can start multiballs quicker. That's the way the one at Max Fish in NYC is set to.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

Put out an Ironman on easy settings. Starts off with more intense music and casual players can start multiballs quicker. That's the way the one at Max Fish in NYC is set to.

that is where your iron man is! put it back in pioneer! or the williamsburg place.

#22 7 years ago

Iron Man wins! Picking one up on Saturday. I appreciate all the input.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.