33%
  • Houdini 17 votes
    33%
  • neither - save money and wait till you can buy BM66 3 votes
    6%

(51 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Hi folks,

so I got a little time to play some new games and now I want to revive my current lineup:

LOTR ; TWD pro ; WOZ ECLE ; GB LE ; Dialed In SE ; BOP 2.0 ; Houdini and Monster Bash (is being restored) with Batman66 and Wonka SE.

I played the Wonka prototype for 3 hours non stop and I'm Wonka(in)-fected. So it's a buy for me, but not until next year when code has matured. I loved the ramps and flow combined with the shooting possibilities.

Batman66 was my absolute hate game, but this weekend on a league-night it clicked with me. Amember explained the rules to me and the deadflip stream showed how nice the strategic possibilities are. The playfield layout is just ok, but gameplay has to be excellent. And with LMS it is.

So but now I'm runnig out of space and money. Thats why I have to sell/trade one game for Batman66 and sell one game for Wonka.

I love brutal games with flow and and clear rules. But the most important thing is the "one more game" feeling.
From my lineup I would describe the games like this:

LOTR: nice condition, with many mods. The Rules are clear to understand. The flow is ok but feels sometimes a little clunky. The Theme is awesome. The "one more game feeling" is not always there.

TWD pro: my first nib game. Love the theme, an asskicker game with refined rules. Has the one more game feeling.

WOZ ECLE: The most beautiful pin ever build. Rules are very complex and it's not easy to follow them. Flow is decent but shoots feeling good. Girlfriend and Guests love this game. The "one more game feeling is not always there.

GB LE: Theme is a killer, code is ok and easy to follow, hope for another code update this live. Plays fast and brutal. Has the one more game feeling.

Dialed In SE: Theme is ok. Gameplay and flow are awesome. A nice shooter with easy to understand rules. Has this one more game feeling.

BOP 2.0: Completly restored with BOP 2.0 Kit, decals and new playfield. A rare game with cool music. Rules are easy to understand, but it's hard to master, cause it's pretty brutal. Feels a little old/limited compared to newer games (lightning effects)... But has this one more game feeling. Also it's hard to find a new one in this condition.

Houdini: Love the theme, sound and humor. It has easy to understand, but complex rules. It's pretty tough because shots are not as easy as the look and it will punish you, if you are not exactly aiming. Has the one more game feeling.

Monster Bash (is being restored): A classic with easy to understand rules and if it's setup steep with open outlanes its pretty tough. It feels a bit dated but has this one more game feeling.

So torn back and forth from which pinball I can part for Batmann 66.

The first 4 Pins that come to my mind are: LOTR, WOZ, BOP 2.0, and Houdini.

All are beautiful and have there pros and cons. LOTR and WOZ are not so often played then the others. But when they played it's pretty intense.

If you have played or owned them maybe you can tell me: Can Batman 66 replace one of these 4 pins easily?

Thank you and best regards.

Mighty

#2 4 years ago

GB is the worst game ever made, so that’s the easy choice. Just put it on the curb for the garbage to pick up. It’s not on the poll for some reason, but that’s my vote.

#3 4 years ago

GB would be gone in a heart beat if I had your choice.....

#4 4 years ago

GB LE or Houdini are my votes.

#5 4 years ago

Sell GB and BOP to clear room for Wonka + cash. Save a little more and fill the vacant spot with BM66.

BOP is great and all but after a few hours you’ve gotten your fill of play for six months. It may be painful to consider but you’ll be coming out way ahead. Maybe not so hard if you consider which game would you rather own BOP or BM66?

Wow this was the easiest problem I’ve solved before breakfast.

#6 4 years ago

GB or WOZ. The first thing people always say is how beautiful WOZ is, but is it fun to flip? Artwork, toys, and code only go so far.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

GB or WOZ. The first thing people always say is how beautiful WOZ is, but is it fun to flip? Artwork, toys, and code only go so far.

Artwork, toy and code only go so far? Isn’t that pretty much the key ingredient list for a pinball machine?

#8 4 years ago

Bride of Pinbot and Houdini.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Artwork, toy and code only go so far? Isn’t that pretty much the key ingredient list for a pinball machine?

Layout.

#10 4 years ago

I say

0. Houdini
1. DI (only because of it seems somewhat similar in feel to Wonka, but you'd know better)
2. BOP
3. GB

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 16.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-can-be-replaced-by-batman66-?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.