4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by scootss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've been internally debating with myself whether it's time to buy one and if so...which one to buy.

I think I've finally convinced myself that this plan is proceeding (yay!) but now I'm stuck in a major analysis paralysis on which one to buy.

In general, it's between machines of my youth (Jurassic Park or Demolition Man, most likely); something modern (most likely Aerosmith); or something cheap just to get started (Gottlieb's Wipout has me intrigued - it's for a ski house).

I'm looking for something fun and won't be a total maintenance nightmare. I'm handy, but haven't worked on a pin before.

What do you think...?

thanks!
    -S

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the quick comments!

- CGC - probably more than I want to spend right now

- Aerosmith - big fan and I like the new stren machines

- Jurassic Park - would be the 90s data east one. I have some bias about getting a data east. Is that legitimate?

- Didn't think I would find someone with both Wipeout AND Aerosmith. Guess I came to the right place!! Wipeout probably is more than I should take on right now...

A few other details... The house it is going in will be rented occasainally, so it won't be routed, I do expect the game to get more abuse that a true HUO

The other 90s pin I am looking at is a Terminator 2. Thoughts on T2 vs JP vs Aerosmith?

7 months later
    #8 3 years ago

Just came across my old thread...in case anyone is losing sleep wondering how it ended up...

I bought a Jurassic Park and so far am really enjoying it. It arrived with a few fun (not fun) fixes required but she's playing well now!

Next up is probably Aerosmith. Can't have just one, right...?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-as-a-first?tu=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.