(Topic ID: 12679)

Which pin are you grateful you didn't sell?

By GoneFishinLvMsg

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Av8
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

For me it's FT. I got tired of it for a while and put up several "for sale" ads. It gathered a lot of interest and I got a few offers, including one I would have taken had he come up another 50 bucks. Well, now I've fallen in love with the machine again and wouldn't consider selling it anymore. Actually, I'm now looking for a nicer one with no fade and a perfect playfield and the only way I'd sell mine is if I found it.

#2 12 years ago

Guess it would be TOTAN and WH2O, would hate to see them leave. Would love to have FT back. Really miss that machine.

#3 12 years ago

Somebody asked me if my TSPP was for sale a week after I got it. Wasn't going to happen.

#4 12 years ago

Definitely my TAF. I was going to sell it to get money towards a MM last year. Decided just to buy the MM without selling my TAF and I'm glad I did. The TAF is still here and MM is long gone.

#5 12 years ago

How much do want for that Fish Tales Gonefishin

#6 12 years ago

Right now I'm in agreement with the OP. I was really close to selling Fish Tales and I still haven't ruled it out--you know who you are! Anyway, a turning point came after playing it with some friends. Seeing how much they enjoyed it really helped me to see what I have.

#7 12 years ago

I'll give you $500 if you have a perfect one you'd like to trade for it!

#8 12 years ago

Was MonsterBash for me...
    We were buying a house a couple years ago and I put it up for a cash grab...received an offer for my asking price...got cold feet and backed out.

Not only do I really enjoy playing it...the value as really gone up on it since then

#9 12 years ago

CV for me. I occasionally think about it because I could get 2-3 pins that I really want for this, but then I play it (alone or with friends) and realize it's a keeper. Plus I could never replace the 1-owner status if I ever bought another.

#10 12 years ago

I toyed with the idea of selling my TZ for a while, especially after having a long period of poor games on it. The magic of TZ has now returned, so I'm certainly glad I didn't succumb to moving it on.

#11 12 years ago

Indiana Jones and Whirlwind.

Great games we almost sold/traded before all the 'issues' were fixed... now I can't imagine not having them in the house.

#12 12 years ago

TRON:LE...
    A co-worker wanted to buy it off me in November but I declined, because I wanted to see the finished code first before I sold it. I never imagined this crazy price hike/demand would happen so soon.
    Then again SM (NIB) was less than $4K around this time last year...

#13 12 years ago

Whirlwind and Tales from the crypt.

Both great games

Sad to let them go but had to for funds to pickup my MM.

I will most likely own them both again someday.

#14 12 years ago

I sorta got down on my MM a few months back and started considering a sale or trade for several other titles I want. But, I decided a pin like this merited a second chance and so I started playing it more... a lot more! I think I've now bonded with my MM again and now I can't imagine what I was thinking.

#15 12 years ago

STTNG. I was never a fan of any iteration of the show and I bought it as a package deal with TZ. It had proven itself to be a keeper.

#16 12 years ago

CC and STTNG. The more I play them, the more I appreciate them.

#17 12 years ago

We had Road Show for a couple of months and was thinking of selling, then my young boys really got into it and now it is their favorite pin. I appreciate the depth as well, nice compliment to the TZ next to it with a less serious theme

#18 12 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3. Its my beater pin and it just works all the time. Love shoutouts and slapping the flippers during fight mode. I listed it 3 different times for 900.00. Got full price offers and turned them away. I would rather have the pin then the money.

Also ACDC Pro. Love this thing. Fast and loud as hell.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-are-you-grateful-you-didnt-sell?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.