New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 218134)

Which pin? Aerosmith pro versus ironman

By Brad76

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by indybru
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Aerosmith pro versus ironman”

• Aerosmith pro 20 votes
    38%
  • Ironman 32 votes
    62%

(52 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Ive played each only a few times. Seeing if the crowd prefers one over the other

#2 2 years ago

IM all day long........Joey

#3 2 years ago

Can I vote a million times for Ironman? There is no comparison here. IM is a Top 5 all-time pin IMO, for multiple reasons.

#4 2 years ago

I love the Aerosmith art and music, but I NEVER PLAYED ONE. I don't care for Marvel or the artwork on those machines except for Spiderman VE, but everyone says IM plays great. I haven't had enough time on one to really say.

#5 2 years ago

Having owned both, Aerosmith for longer, more casual games. IM for intense, shooter games. There is no feeling greater than getting to Jericho. It's awesome with the external sub cranked.

#6 2 years ago

No need to hear Jackie/Sparky screaming at you twice... since you already have Met, pick up IM... wire it to an external sub, and prepare to have your face melted over and over again.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Can I vote a million times for Ironman? There is no comparison here. IM is a Top 5 all-time pin IMO, for multiple reasons.

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

IM all day long........Joey

all day

#8 2 years ago

Iron man is always a blast to play. Quick games, intense and always fun. It has that one more game quality. I’d love to own one.

#9 2 years ago

Iron man. Simple ruleset. Fast player. Short games that leave you wanting just one more game.

#10 2 years ago

I own both, love both. If I had to choose only one...man...that would be a really tough choice. But I think I'd probably go with IM. Just make sure you get a Color DMD on it though, otherwise the display looks pretty bad...

#11 2 years ago

Having played both games quite a lot i would pick IM. I like the way Aerosmith looks, the screen and the way it plays but i just don't want to push start after i finish a game.

With IM i can't walk away from it without playing a good 7 or 8 games in a session. It is such a rush and fun game to play.

#12 2 years ago

Aerosmith.

Just to be different.

I’ve owned Ironman since 2010. And AS since last year.

If I HAD to sell one today, I’d sell Ironman.

rd

#13 2 years ago

I owned an IM Pro from 2010 and had a blast with it. I regret I sold it to a friend in need. Later bought a Vault Edition but I never could get it dialed in the same way. Probably just my laziness, IDK.

I bought a ASLE last summer and it's a kick. Sold the IMVE to make room.

Still think I'd give another original IM a shot again some day.

Very different playing machines as others have said.

#14 2 years ago

Owned both but had IM 4 years and AS lasted 1 year.

Miss IM a little. Trying to find a pin like IM to replace it. GOTG?

So IM.

1 week later
#15 2 years ago

Heck I would get GOTG.

Best of both. Don’t worry about your MET layout being too similar. Give it a look.

#16 2 years ago

IM I have owned the longest can't ever see selling.

I had AS really liked the game but sold to add lotr.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside