Which one will my wife like?

By rolandthoms

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Obsession for me started (again) 3 years ago when i bought an Addams family and a Bobby Orr Power Play...Wife never played either....recently sold the Addams family and got the AC/DC BIBLE and she is actually developing into a player.

So i really want her to be jazzed about the next one.

My thoughts so far:

Tron (love the other “Tron wife” thread....have already been thinking about this one)- she loves Daft punk

Medieval madness (kids and i love it, she will too, right?)

WOZ (looks female-friendly)

"Your pick here”

any advice?

#2 11 years ago

Tron and medieval madness as of medieval madness is the only pin which has humor and there is a damsel

#3 11 years ago

My advice would be to take your wife to your local arcades, bars, fellow pinmeisters, and let her play as many games as she can.. Male or female, no one really knows what they are going to enjoy playing until they actually play it.

The other attraction for some people is the theme. Why not show her the Pinside Top 100 list, and see if any theme catches her interest? If it does, and you don't have access to play the pin, the second best thing would be to pull it up on YouTube and watch some good videos of the gameplay and playfield. As a female, I can tell you I have no interest in WOZ, even though the movie was one of my all-time-favorites as a kid. To me, it looks a little too "nice," so that just goes to show you that you can't stereotype. I WOULD love to have a Judge Dredd or a Dirty Harry!

#4 11 years ago

My wife says your wife will like medieval madness. She is also big on totan and potc, but doesn't care for either of the other two you listed. Good luck!

#5 11 years ago

taf no doubt

#6 11 years ago

Women do tend to be drawn to PotC...

#7 11 years ago

My wife's favorites have been TAF and AFM so MM would probably top the choices you gave. Humor goes a long way for non pinheads IMO.

#9 11 years ago

I'll say WOZ between those 3. At least that's what my girl would pick.

#10 11 years ago

My wife loved Tron LE, second only to TOTAN. Of course she isn't a player, just likes the looks and sounds of those two machines.

#11 11 years ago

My wife likes Avengers and MM. I have 26 games and she only likes 2 so good luck.

She also liked TOM though I sold it as I thought it was way too easy

#12 11 years ago

Wife came to PAPA this year. She liked Frakenstein, WOF, and CC. Really just need to get her some time on diff pins. Also seems like up have some $$$ to throw around too. I.E. MM.... You could get two pins for the same price. Twice the chance to find something she will like! Not sure on your space restrictions though.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Wife came to PAPA this year. She liked Frakenstein, WOF, and CC. Really just need to get her some time on diff pins. Also seems like up have some $$$ to throw around too. I.E. MM.... You could get two pins for the same price. Twice the chance to find something she will like! Not sure on your space restrictions though.

Good point buy Avengers for you and the kids
and find another good title for your wife like TOTAN, TOM , POTC, WOF

#15 11 years ago

Took my wife to the PHOF and she asked me to get TZ and MM!

#16 11 years ago

I would go MM AFM or TAF. My girl really likes AFM and TAF but has not really played MM since I got it over a year ago.

Also liked most all system 11B games

#17 11 years ago

So here's how this works at my place...my wife says absolutely nothing when I purchase a pin.

Thus.. whenever a new pin gets moved into the basement she always gets first game... regardless of what it is. Was kinda funny at my unboxing party.. 5 guys standing around watching her her play Xmen.

When I finally got the AFM up and running about a month ago...she got first game when it was put into the lineup. It was the first time she wanted to keep playing a game. She asked if we could play another..and another.

AFM ->Xmen LE -> MM for her

#18 11 years ago

go with the wide one.

#19 11 years ago

Don't forget Mr Sealclubber, you can also link all the other games mentioned in this thread

#20 11 years ago

I've had 12 different pins and the only one my wife would ever play was ACDC Prem. She loved that game. She still talks about it and how bad I need to pick one up.

#21 11 years ago

Tron

#22 11 years ago

My wife is liking Avengers so far. She also loves ACDC

#23 11 years ago

The only pin that my wife loves to play and keeps asking me to buy, is a TOM.

#24 11 years ago

DW is the only pin I own that is "girlfriend approved". She would also like me to get a Bad Cats because of the theme.

#25 11 years ago

If you can get your wife to try them that would be best. But my wife would pick MM but she plays MB more than MM.

#26 11 years ago

thanks for your help on this one.

When i told her, this morning, about this post, she replied “I want a Hot tub”

I am not familiar with that title....not sure what she was thinking

she must be delusional

#27 11 years ago

My wife's 2 favs are MM and stern IJ

#28 11 years ago

Tales from the Crypt- you can't lose- women are drawn
to the Crypt Keeper!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

She would also like me to get a Bad Cats because of the theme.

Meow M-Meow Meow!

#30 11 years ago

If it was my wife it would be the one that cost the least

#31 11 years ago

My wife would want the one that includes jewelry for her.

Tom

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The only pin that my wife loves to play and keeps asking me to buy, is a TOM.

Funny, my wife is the same way about this pin. Although she likes to play others, but if she had to choose one machine to get, TOM would be it.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Tales from the Crypt- you can't lose- women are drawn
to the Crypt Keeper!

I can confirm this. Odd as it seems.

#34 11 years ago

I had a Scared Stiff for five years and I still hear about it even though I sold it back in 2007. That was her favorite one over the years. Bad move on my part but golly in a small collection I needed to change it up after that long.

She also likes MB but that's outta my league now.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Chicks love monsters!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Easily the favorite pin at my house for men and women. Ultimately, they always end up on the Megatouch.

#37 11 years ago

taf

woz... you won't get it before summer 2013, dont make her wait... just kidding.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

thanks for your help on this one.
When i told her, this morning, about this post, she replied “I want a Hot tub”
I am not familiar with that title....not sure what she was thinking
she must be delusional

Oh, she wants a Future Spa! Your wife has very discriminating taste in pins....

#40 11 years ago

Monster bash is also high on the list.

#41 11 years ago

Tron no question.

#42 11 years ago

I think a TOM or PM would be good for the wife, my wife loves South Park and RFM.

#43 11 years ago

SS is a chick magnet, RFM and TRON are good choices too.
However,
If you truly want the #1 ladies choice (at least by my observations) for a home run game, LOTR wins every time.
(Must be Gimli's sweet baritone callouts that drive them wild! )

I also agree with taking her out to play though. Since you are in Northern CA, you have three good (fairly local) yearly shows to choose from with CAX (California Extreme) being the crowd favorite.
Pin-A-Go-Go is great for buying and selling too, which is also the first up of the three.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from csprings74:

My advice would be to take your wife to your local arcades, bars, fellow pinmeisters, and let her play as many games as she can.. Male or female, no one really knows what they are going to enjoy playing until they actually play it.

I share that point of view. Hard to guess really.

Based on someone's relative Pin ratings, could one design an algorithm that would pick the pins you are the most likely to enjoy - by comparison with other pinsiders who have the same taste ?
(Say, my ratings are not too far away from XX and YY who both love WPT, for example. I would be likely to enjoy it as well, even if that pin is not rated very high on Pinside).
Sorry, can't express it clearly...

#45 11 years ago

The one you like

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

The one you like

Wise words

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-one-will-my-wife-like and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.