• Latest reply 8 years ago by freddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I am considering picking one of these up and I have read a lot of folks prefer the Pro version for the flow. I played the Premium at SFGE and liked it. (I didn't see a pro there). Most folks that played it there that I spoke with liked it as well.

Given the new code, is that still the case? I am typically a Premium buyer but I'd like to know the opinions of those that have played both. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

#2 8 years ago

I have the pro and I love it. It made my decision a lot easier to swallow when I saw all the problems with the left ramp on the Prem/LE. The latest code is great so I don't see you going wrong with either, just don't see the return on investment with the Prem/LE on this pin. This is coming from someone who usually would say the extra $$$ is worth it, just don't see it on this one.

#3 8 years ago

Played both bought a Premium.

There several long threads discussing the many differences already.

#4 8 years ago

Pro sucks. the whole crossbow thing should have been deleted from code from the pros.
having that included makes no sense and is just awkward.
Plus with premium you get bombs. Pro people lose out on this very important strategy.

the left ramp was troublesome initially on the LEs, but installing Sterns "fix" and tweaking it slightly more makes it feel right. add the light mod to make this feature a MUST HAVE over the pro, too.

#5 8 years ago

Someone else just asked the same question in a different thread.
IMO the Premium has a LOT of game play differences - not just bling differences....

- 2 Spinners - that are used for scoring
- Extra magnet in front of Well Walker
- Bicycle girl ramp - converts to bash toy - cool
- Crossbow - building up to Crossbow Multiball
- Extra drop target - blocking plunger return shot/spinner at different times
- Lockdown bar fire button - used for Crossbow and Zombie Bombs
- Color changing inserts - indicating different shot "states"
- Color controlled GI lighting

For me Gameplay differences are much more important to "not lose" than bling (like ST Pro).

#6 8 years ago

Yeah, I am usually a guy that buys Pros because I don't see the value in LE's. However TWD was the first game that had such major differences that I had to go LE. With the Pro you just get the prison and a magnet, that's pretty darn bare to me. Plus the LE/premium has different and better code with the walker bombs ect... Go premium.

#7 8 years ago

I would say prem LE all the way if it wasn't for the BG bash toy. It kills way too much of the flow. If there is a setting to have this ramp stay down to act like the pro, then go prem/LE all day. Tons of extra features.

#8 8 years ago

Doesn't kill the flow for me. After you hit BG the ball goes right back to the flippers, probably faster then the ramp would send it back anyway. There is something just so satisfying about hitting BG and watching her face splat blood red then hearing her scream. Pure awesomeness, I couldn't play one without it.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Doesn't kill the flow for me. After you hit BG the ball goes right back to the flippers, probably faster then the ramp would send it back anyway. There is something just so satisfying about hitting BG and watching her face splat blood red then hearing her scream. Pure awesomeness, I couldn't play one without it.

Couldn't tell when I was playing my friends, but can you stack CDC and BG on a prem/LE

#10 8 years ago

It's better if someone else answers that question. The rules are so complicated I don't understand them all myself. I do believe you can though.

#11 8 years ago

Did you play a premium/LE with Nodys BG mod? That is a must! BG does kind of suck without that mod.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It's better if someone else answers that question. The rules are so complicated I don't understand them all myself. I do believe you can though.

So hits to the BG head will also count as a shot to CDC? That's cool. I like to get three multi kills in one swoop by completing cdc, BG, and the extra multi kill you get just for hitting the cdc shot a few times while the mode is running. Half way to horde right off the bat.

#13 8 years ago

I really don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Both versions are so much fun. You'll love either I'm sure, so I would say it comes down to spending 4500ish and 6500ish. For me, I'd get a pro and another badass game from the 90s.

#14 8 years ago

I purchased Pro because I thought the LE was butt ugly (promo brown trim didnt help). Still think they could have done it better but after seeing it in person its not as bad as I thought. Stern really missed it with the Scared Stiff cab....but it too started growing on me like moss on bicycle girl.

I owned pro from Dec to June and found myself liking it more and more....so much so I sold Pro and upgraded to a Prem.
The rumor of Stern abandoning the code killed resale values for a while - then bam update- I believe it will get better as time goes buy.

Anyway for me Prem new is the way to go or a good priced LE - I just like the Prem art package better.
Prem are ready to ship now and for me the price for the goodies you get is worth it. Much like going ACDC pro to Prem the prices can be justified.

#15 8 years ago

I read some of the other posts, watched some videos and ended up with an LE for most of the reasons above. Get the premium or LE.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Couldn't tell when I was playing my friends, but can you stack CDC and BG on a prem/LE

Yes.

#19 8 years ago

Let's be honest the game in total, le, pro and premium is not that great. I think I like Mustang better.........

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Let's be honest the game in total, le, pro and premium is not that great. I think I like Mustang better.........

You are totally entitled to your opinion. I think TWD is a great game. Fast. Brutal. One more game feel.

But I'm not sure why you quoted me in your reply. All I was saying yes to was whether BG could be stacked with CDC.

#21 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

You are totally entitled to your opinion. I think TWD is a great game. Fast. Brutal. One more game feel.
But I'm not sure why you quoted me in your reply. All I was saying yes to was whether BG could be stacked with CDC.

Sorry, I meant to quote the pro sux thread.....my bad

#23 8 years ago

No worries!

#24 8 years ago

I own both, and I think Mustang is the better game, but TWD is the better theme and with custom call outs is very enjoyable. It shoots very different than Mustang, and it is quite a bit more brutal. TWD has a better "just one more game" pull to it than Mustang.

Very different pins.

#25 8 years ago

Thanks for all the opinions and feedback. Very Helpful.

#26 8 years ago

Premium for me. totally like the art package and everything with it.

#27 8 years ago

I'm not a fan of the pro on this model. It just doesn't seem to give the same game experience. The fire button with the walker bombs coded in are great on the LE and the premium. On this title I'd spend the extra on the premium. Not sure if it's just the complete package or what, but after playing a bunch on the LE the pro falls pretty flat.

#28 8 years ago

When TWDLE came out back in the fall al the pictures i seen of it turned my stomach ! it looked meh. Then TaTa bought one and had an unboxing party. When we unboxed his TWDLE I couldn't believe how nice the artwork is in person .The detail is Awsome ! The washed oak DEAD INSIDE crate with eyes and hands creeping thru the boards all encased in simulated rusty hardware. I know the armer and legs look brown but in person the package really looks good! Honestly one of the best looking pins I have seen in person. So much so i had to have one I was contemplating the pro but purchased an LE mainly due to the look of the art package.I am glad i did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-one-twd-pro-or-twd-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.