New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 161124)

Which one to go!

By Pinhead1982

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by nikpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one to go?”

• GHOSTBUSTERS LE 10 votes
    14%
  • HOBBIT SMAUG LE 36 votes
    51%
  • BIG LEBOWSKI 24 votes
    34%

(70 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 4 years ago

OK... So I have 3 NIB's coming this year
GHOSTBUSTERS LE
HOBBIT
BIG LEBOWSKI

Need to let one go to pay for bills tho.

So which one do I lose? Haven't played TBL or GBLE. Only played Hobbit in London EAG in 2014 with old playfield and VERY basic code-

#2 4 years ago

Or should I let a couple of my older games go?

CFTBL, DH, TAFG,BBB,IJ(W) LOTR, MM, AFM.

Reviews are that Hobbit is a long game, quest like. I do like LOTR, but I also like a quick blast on a game, like DH, AFM, BBB etc

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Reviews are that Hobbit is a long game, quest like. I do like LOTR, but I also like a quick blast on a game, like DH, AFM, BBB etc

Tough call. Hobbit is indeed quest-like. I haven't played Ghostbusters yet, but it seems to be more of a quick blast. Maybe not rule-wise, but with that wide gap between the flippers and greedy outlanes it certainly looks challenging. In this regard, I think The Big Lebowski is somewhere in between The Hobbit and Ghostbusters. All 3 seem like great games in their own respect, though.

Letting go of some of your 'old' machine might be the most refreshing option. But I don't know how strongly you're attached to them.

#4 4 years ago

I would cut loose the Hobbit. I've played it quite a bit lately and while it's beautiful the gameplay is not for me

#5 4 years ago

Pretty easy choice in my mind. Let go the most expensive one that is also the biggest risk. TBL would be out for me, no game is worth that much anyway.

#6 4 years ago

To be honest, right now I'd cut all 3 loose.

TBL for the exact same reasons as JGentry.

GBLE because I've been really unimpressed with GB (except the hype, that's impressive).

And TH, because I'd rather be 100% ready for Pat's game, and although TH is good, I never liked the movies, so theme issues for me.

While I waited I'd scoop up a couple of the greats I may not have owned yet. From your collection, I didn't see IM or the VE of it. You like quick games? That is a slap in the face that makes you smile. Maybe even snag a Bally from the 70s to round things out. That way you could get some cool games and reload for the next wave.

#7 4 years ago

I'm like that you spread yourself so thin you need to cancel an order to pay the bills!
Drop tbl and TH. You can get them both in the future. It might be hard to pick up a gb LE.

#8 4 years ago

Id start with TBL...

#9 4 years ago

I'd start with GBLE. Premiums on the line for a long time; if it's good.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I'm like that you spread yourself so thin you need to cancel an order to pay the bills!
Drop tbl and TH. You can get them both in the future. It might be hard to pick up a gb LE.

First, two of these games , the guy has been waiting over two years on and this is likely $25k we're talking about. Shit happens in two years, or even overnight. So that's uncalled for.

Second, feel you made exactly the wrong conclusion about which will be rare. Both of the other games will be produced in a ton more quantity. i don't feel that TBL is gonna make it to GBLE(500), or Hobbit (1500 plus between smaug and LE) numbers. Plus GB has premiums.

#11 4 years ago

GBLE will be delivered in the next month.
Hobbit is, at least, in production so it's 2016-2017.
TBL is probably 2017.

Tough call there. I think GBLE will be worth more this month than it will be for the next 2-3 years, if ever. Not many LEs have gone north of 10K and held it. If you need money now, sell GBLE and go GBPrem.

For my personal tastes, I would let all 3 go. Then GB Prem and try something else. You have a great problem. Please let us know what you decide and how you end up liking them.

#12 4 years ago

Not quite that thin! It's 2 things: space wise adding another 3 will mean losing the ability to take glass off machines and the wife!

Yeah waiting TBL-2yrs & THBLE 3.5 yrs and GBLE about 2 months!

GBLE£8000
THBLE pre order £6300
Lebowski £6000

What's that in $?

#13 4 years ago

I asked for HOBBIT to be delivered in June. Otherwise would have been Dec so that would be 4yrs wait.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Not quite that thin! It's 2 things: space wise adding another 3 will mean losing the ability to take glass off machines and the wife!
Yeah waiting TBL-2yrs & THBLE 3.5 yrs and GBLE about 2 months!
GBLE£8000
THBLE pre order £6300
Lebowski £6000
What's that in $?

If you are getting TBL that cheaply that might change my opinion. I didn't notice you were not in the US. Over here they are 10K. I'd think about dropping GB unless you just are in love with the LE. Get 8000 back now and wait on a premium if the game turns out great. Although the same could be said for all three, drop them all and wait and see what turns out to be the best game.

#15 4 years ago

I would let them all go and get some more classic bally/williams games. Thats just me. Looking at your collection I find it hard to believe you need to choose because of money.

#16 4 years ago

If it was me, I would probably sell DH. If I had to pick from one of those three I guess I would pick TH to sell because in playing all three it's my least favorite of that group so far. Only time will tell with code and we'll see where these games end up, but right now, that's what I'd do.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Over here they are 10K

Pre order USA price was $8500; the 10k is the more recent price. So, it's on par with others for pre order folks.

#18 4 years ago

I would let them all go. Don't know if any of those games worth big $$$. TBL was a letdown for me when I played it. Looks good but plays decent but not all that. Same for Hobbit. Looks great and plays decent but far from the best in pinball. GBLE is an unknown. Pro's are having issues which may or may not get worked out. Save your money, wait to see how Stern improves the game, and then maybe get a premium.

#19 4 years ago

TBL for me. Add a MB and you will be set.

#20 4 years ago

I'd sell BBB while you can still get great money for it!!!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If you are getting TBL that cheaply that might change my opinion. I didn't notice you were not in the US. Over here they are 10K.

TBL = £6000 = $8636.40
THLE = £6300 = $9068.22
GBLE = £8000 = $11515.20

$11,515.20 for GBLE? Ouch.

#22 4 years ago

If you decide to sell any of your existing games do what I did, irrespective of value, sell the games that you walk past and rarely play anymore.

#23 4 years ago

TBL would be out for me, then GBLE since premiums will be around a while.

#24 4 years ago

The decision for me would be easy. I would let go of The Hobbit simply because there will be a more ample supply in case you decide to change your mind. It might be an LE instead of an SE but so what. GBLE for sure and TBL, likely, will be in shorter supply. It's a tough "First World" decision Good luck as I think all three games have their own unique and very different merits.

#25 4 years ago

Put one or more of the games in storage, so you do not regret it later.

#26 4 years ago

Hi Dave,
if you are a player, let got all LE. if you are a collector, don't let them go.
Now GB is a very hard game, if this is your thing, keep this one.
the Hobbit is the best looking imo. but what about gameplay? the first feedbacks here are not very good.this is the one i would let go.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

TBL = £6000 = $8636.40
THLE = £6300 = $9068.22
GBLE = £8000 = $11515.20
$11,515.20 for GBLE? Ouch.

welcome in europe

#28 4 years ago

Keep your tbl. Your price is great. Choose between 1 of the other 2. Gble will be more limited but if you are ok with a premium down the line, drop it. Hobbit is questlike and allows long games. Gb is fast and can drain alot. Tbl actually plays pretty long but it may have been how cointaker sets his up, not enough pitch for sure. It should be a fairly long player even pitched higher and probably best to drop hobbit so you dont have 2 long players

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside