Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cp1610
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one to choose?”

• Jurassic Park (DE) 16 votes
      33%
    • T2 19 votes
      40%
    • No Fear 11 votes
      23%
    • Breakshot 2 votes
      4%

(48 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider altan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I'm looking at purchasing a new to me machine. I'm a big fan of 90s era machines and narrowed my options to either a Data east JP, T2, No Fear, or Breakshot. I've played JP and T2 a few times, I liked both of them but had only a limited time on each one so I didn't get a chance to really explore each game. I haven't played No Fear or Breakshot yet but they both look like games I would enjoy. I know this is very subjective but I'm just looking for some opinions on overall value, last ability, and fun factor between the four different machines. Which one would be the best to own in a small collection? Thanks!

You called out the most important item when you wrote "I know this is very subjective". Intelligent people can disagree. With that said...

I own both JP and T2.

I've had T2 since 2005 or so. It's a keeper. Some people write that, but I've got the 15+ years of proof. I've found it's very reliable, has great flow, and is a game you can decide to play for 5 minutes or 50 minutes. What about depth? T2 is deeper than most think but no 90s game is as deep as a 2015+ game. Gun toy is great. Music is great. Has actual Arnold custom speech, none of that "fake actor" stuff you get now-a-days.

JP is another great game. I've had it since 2017 or so. No plans to let it go either (but no hard proof like T2). It's not clunky at all, but nothing as smooth as T2. One isn't necessarily better than the other. The Dino guy is a top toy of all time, but some have trouble getting it working reliably. I haven't had trouble. It's fast and furious, with more wild ball bounces. I like the music a lot (and am no fan of adding the John Williams music because I don't think it's a good match for the feel of the game). There's a custom rom you can get that makes the modes random, which some people like. It's a good option to have. Some people dislike the DE playfield artwork. While I definitely don't think it's amazing, it has it's charm.

I don't think you can go wrong either.

I don't have any opinions about No Fear or Breakshot, other than I've played them and never had a desire to own either.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider altan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-one-to-choose?tu=altan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.