Topic poll

“Which Pro model would you prefer?”

• Ghostbusters 40 votes
    63%
  • Game of Thrones 24 votes
    38%

(64 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 2 years ago

I am thinking of buying a Ghostbusters or Game of Thrones, both pro models, if you could choose 1 which would it be? I like them both but not sure which I like more, haven't had a lot of time on either of them.

#2 2 years ago

purchase them both

#3 2 years ago

GOT kicks ass! Just read about all the positive in that exact same thread title. There are so many different ways to attack and play. It's current and I enjoy the theme way more than GB.

#4 2 years ago

Very tough decision. If there is anyway you can wait and save a little more money and get the GB Premium I would 100% do that. If it has to be pro vs pro, thats a tough choice and I would play them both considerably and decide then. I own a GOT Pro and its great, but I also love GB. A Walking Dead Pro beats both of those Pros in my opinion, have you considered that?

#5 2 years ago

you need to play both of them more and then decide. just because other people like one or the other, does not mean you will.

#6 2 years ago

Played both and GB would be for me hands down... GOT just felt like hitting the same shots over and over and over and over.

#7 2 years ago

I vote for GOT although I enjoy both games.

#8 2 years ago

From the time I've had on both, I'd go Ghostbusters if only choice is Pro model. I couldn't get into GOT Pro. Felt monotonous and slightly boring. Ghostbusters Pro has way more going on IMO.

However, if comparing Premium models, both GOT and Ghostbusters were great. That would be a much more difficult choice for me, but would probably lean GOT because it is fast as hell.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

From the time I've had on both, I'd go Ghostbusters if only choice is Pro model. I couldn't get into GOT Pro. Felt monotonous and slightly boring. Ghostbusters Pro has way more going on IMO.
However, if comparing Premium models, both GOT and Ghostbusters were great. That would be a much more difficult choice for me, but would probably lean GOT because it is fast as hell.

Hmm.....your post kinda doesn't make much sense, since the general consensus is that GOT Pro is far better that the GOT Premium/LE model. Everyone except you says the GOT Premium/LE upper playfield kills the flow of the game and that the Pro model is a much faster game.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hmm.....your post kinda doesn't make much sense, since the general consensus is that GOT Pro is far better that the GOT Premium/LE model. Everyone except you says the GOT Premium/LE upper playfield kills the flow of the game and that the Pro model is a much faster game.

Because that's HIS opinion. I feel GOT pro feels repetitive also. As for GOT Prem never played one.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Because that HIS opinion. I feel GOT pro feels repetitive also. As for GOT Prem never played one.

I wasn't disputing the fact that it feels boring or repetitive to him, that is a matter of opinion that will vary from person to person. What I was disputing was he told the OP that the GOT Premium is a much better game and faster than the Pro model, and I simply stated that's kind of odd because the general consensus is that the Pro model is the better and faster game and it has more flow. Now, I realize that can vary from person to person also, but he's definitely in the minority if he thinks the GOT Premium is a faster and better game than the Pro is.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

you need to play both of them more and then decide. just because other people like one or the other, does not mean you will.

I couldn't have said it better myself...

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What I was disputing was he told the OP that the GOT Premium is a much better game and faster than the Pro model, and I simply stated that's kind of odd because the general consensus is that the Pro model is the better and faster game and it has more flow.

Didn't see anything in his quote where he said the Prem was faster either. Just pointing out thats what here likes nothing more.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Didn't see anything in his quote where he said the Prem was faster either. Just pointing out thats what here likes nothing more.

Played a pro at one location and a premium at a different location. Could have been the way each game was set up. I only played the Pro for as few games before I got bored. Pumped a bunch of money into the Premium machine.

Both are very fast. Just felt the Pro was too repetitive. I admit that I do like most upper playfield type games so my opinion could be biased toward the Premium in that way

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

He said the Pro was "monotonous and boring" and that he would lean toward the Premium over the Pro because "it's fast as hell". I don't know about you but reading between the lines, that kind of tells me that he thinks the Premium is faster than the Pro model. I'm not trying to discredit the guys post, I just don't want the OP to get the wrong impression of these games and I'm trying to help him make an informed decision. I'm also not trying to pump up GOT because I own one, and for the record I voted for the GB Pro over GOT Pro, but it was a tough choice for me also.

GOT proprobaly has the better code and rule set right now, but GB is just fun as hell to me for some reason.

#16 2 years ago

How can GOT be repetitive? Maybe if you play the same house every time I could see. But even then, make good shots and go after different houses to change it up. People who are saying it's repetitive just don't understand the rules. Isn't every pinball machine repetitive? Most have a loops, ramps, kickouts, stand up targets, etc. It matters HOW and WHEN you hits those repetitive shots that make the game. Wake up.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

How can GOT be repetitive? Maybe if you play the same house every time I could see. But even then, make good shots and go after different houses to change it up. People who are saying it's repetitive just don't understand the rules. Isn't every pinball machine repetitive? Most have a loops, ramps, kickouts, stand up targets, etc. It matters HOW and WHEN you hits those repetitive shots that make the game. Wake up.

I'm awake thank you...

Most location games I play I have no idea on rules. Very obvious that when you know the ruleset of each game, you can immerse much more.

I put my $2 for 3 plays into the Pro. 1st game not great as it was much faster than the EATPM I played just before (Mr Obvious doesn't need to tell me they are completely different games). The 2nd game I just kept shooting the same lane that locked balls and awarded multiball. That resulted in a free play and Grand Champion score. No need to try different shots/ goals when you accomplish what you set out to do when playing on location (no dissertation needed here either on what someone's goals should be when they play on location).

There's MY OPINION on why GOT Pro was repetitve and the Premium was much better. Totally see your point of knowing the rules enhancing the experience of the game.

#18 2 years ago

Perfect reactions, thanks everyone, with the line up I currently have I went ahead and ordered a GOT, already on its way here
I want a game that is fast, alot of my games are not like that

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

Perfect reactions, thanks everyone, with the line up I currently have I went ahead and ordered a GOT, already on its way here
I want a game that is fast, alot of my games are not like that

Good choice!

#20 2 years ago

I preordered GB Pro early on and I'm picking up a used GoT pro this weekend ....so my official answer is both

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Played both and GB would be for me hands down... GOT just felt like hitting the same shots over and over and over and over.

than you are using the wrong strategy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dyer, IN
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside