70%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Uncle_Fester.jpg
images.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Which game is better? I can't find a nice taf for less than $5k. But I can buy a nib acdc premium for $6,500. I like both games what to do.

#2 10 years ago

AC/DC Premium and don't look back.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Moved to buying and selling advice sub forum. Personally, I'd snag an AC/DC Premium in a heartbeat over TAF, but that is just me...

#4 10 years ago

TAF for now. They're getting harder to find. If you don't like it after awhile, sell it and buy an acdc.
Distributors have lots of acdc premiums and you may even see more HUO for sale in the next year or two.

#5 10 years ago

Consider adding a poll OP.

I see SilverBallz point, but with 20,000 machines made I think there will always be more TAF's in existence than AC/DC's. If Stern sells 10,000 AC/DC's they are doing the sizzler I think (though granted we don't really know that either...). AC/DC is an awesome pinball experience; go for the game you like better.

#6 10 years ago

ACDC Premium! No doubt!

#7 10 years ago

20000 TAFs were made but who knows how many are still around.

#8 10 years ago

TAF is the greatest thing ever made. ACDCp is very good as well. TAF is my #1, ACDCp, although I like it a lot, a LOT, I don't think would even make my top 5 cut.

#9 10 years ago

Have both , playing ACDC premium more.

#10 10 years ago

TAF is great, but it's a pretty easy game. However, in your collection, it would fit great!

#11 10 years ago

I sold my TAF to buy AC/DC premium, as much as I adore TAF, AC/DC is a superior game overall. I have not regretted it one bit, the player can abuse TAF, AC/DC abuses the player, love it!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

If Stern sells 10,000 AC/DC's they are doing the sizzler I think

Exactly, 10K would be quite the achievement, they goin' Sizler all week

#12 10 years ago

I have both and I am drawn to AC/DC more. But most guests like TAF much better because it is a much easier game to understand. My wife is a decent player and understands the games, hardly touches AC/DC since it is so hard. But plays TAF a lot.

#13 10 years ago

Acdc for sure.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

TAF is great, but it's a pretty easy game. However, in your collection, it would fit great!

I must be playing the wrong TAF machines. imho TAF its the greatest pinball machine ever made. I love everything about it but the way I play on it.

Acdc premium vote here.

#15 10 years ago

Interesting ACDC is way ahead so far. I have to say at Allentown this year that I played the acdc BIB in the pinovators booth with the head phones on and it was amazing. I kept going back to it. It was the only game that I had that shit eating grin on my face the hole time I was playing.

#17 10 years ago

AC/DC by a country mile.

#18 10 years ago

ac/dc premium would be my choice.

#19 10 years ago

acdc, not even close. best risk reward i have seen. more people yelling "noooooooo" on drain!

#20 10 years ago

Sold my AC\DC premium still have TAF. I miss it some but Met Pro is my 'Rock' pin for now.

#21 10 years ago

I cant believe I'm saying this, but ACDC.

The game has grown on me more and more over time.... pure fun!

#22 10 years ago

Had a TAF and sold it. AC/DC on my wish list. Enough said.

#23 10 years ago

For me TAF. AC/DC is fun, but I'd go TAF first.

#24 10 years ago

For me ACDC premium is the way to go what a sweet game I like the Addams Family and I like the theme but never really got why the machine is so hyped other then the subject matter,pat lawlor, and great sales. Just me don't hate I prefer rocking out on ACDC.

#25 10 years ago

ACDC!! TAF doesn't even come close IMHO, but it's just like anything else. Buy what YOU like. Not what everyone else likes.

#26 10 years ago

I voted ac dc premium because $5K for a TAF is too much. Maybe if you could get a TAF for $4K but not at $5K.

#28 10 years ago

Sold my TAF, bought acdc back in black. Pure adrenaline, music, fun. Best decision. TAF was lots of fun too but get the acdc

#29 10 years ago

Man, I've GOT to play an AC/DC soon!!!....I truly love my TAF, however, and can't imagine it leaving for any pin...obviously, the choice is yours......

#30 10 years ago

ac dc all the way, the game is fast and furious, and wouldn't you want a new game than a 20 year old game that can be much more problematic

#31 10 years ago

I ditched my beautiful Williams IJ for a acdc premo. Never looked back. If I had my TAF still that would have gone before the IJ. ACDC is a very good choice.

#32 10 years ago

Definitely AC/DC Prem.

#33 10 years ago

Owned both; ACDC is still here. There is something special about both of these games though. Taf proved to be a classic for its time and really brought something special to the pinball world. 20 years later, ACDC is doing that same thing. ACDC is special; its so fun to participate in multiplayer games when everyone playing understands the rules. Soooo much going on in this game besides making ramp and loop shots. There's depth, strategy, speed, music, and fun.

#34 10 years ago

AC/DC. Most immersive and addictive pin I know.

#35 10 years ago

AC/DC unbelievable FUN and the most complex software ever created.

#36 10 years ago

ACDC for parties. People gather around and sing the songs.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Kelly1978:

ACDC for parties. People gather around and sing the songs.

Hey thats your first post in a month! Welcome back!

I say TAF! That game has so much character, I love when Gomez does the pervert sounding Aaaaah on the free game match, I always look at Trophy with a super creepy face when that sounds off

#38 10 years ago

You know a NIB is just easier to buy than a TAF.
You buy these highly rated, 20 year old pins from collectors and it can be a pain. You take time to find one, go over condition, price, local or shipping and you may deal with those annoying "I don't need the money and I don't want to sell it, but I put it in the maketplace anyway" fools that take the fun out of Pinball. I am really starting to get annoyed with people like that.

My next pin may be a NIB becuase of this and also people wanting $3500 for a Roadshow when I can pay $1000 more for a NIB Pro model! Road show - good game, but.

So, I would say AC/DC.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You buy these highly rated, 20 year old pins from collectors and it can be a pain. You take time to find one, go over condition, price, local or shipping and you may deal with those annoying "I don't need the money and I don't want to sell it, but I put it in the maketplace anyway" fools that take the fun out of Pinball. I am really starting to get annoyed with people like that.
My next pin may be a NIB becuase of this and also people wanting $3500 for a roadshow when I can pay $1000 more for a NIB Pro model! Road Show - good game, but.
So, I would say AC/DC.

Well said

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hey thats your first post in a month! Welcome back!

I've been clawing my way out of the dog house for awhile. I finally made it all the way out!

Quoted from centerflank:

I love when Gomez does the pervert sounding Aaaaah on the free game match, I always look at Trophy with a super creepy face when that sounds off

Then you need to give RFM another hard look. Nothing funnier than the perverted Martian saying "yes, yes, yes" and "oh, gotta have that one" while it is watching the TV monitor like the old fat guy on the South Park TSA episode.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

My next pin may be a NIB becuase of this and also people wanting $3500 for a roadshow when I can pay $1000 more for a NIB Pro model! Road Show - good game, but.
So, I would say AC/DC.

No question about the truth here and I think that is playing a big part of the outcome we are seeing. You don't have to examine a ton of pics to know if your ACDC is CQ . . . of course it will be CQ as it is NIB. You don't have to worry if you miss something (like I did with that Party Zone that had the water damage on the under-carriage . . . my fault for not asking for under-carriage pics but I just didn't think I would need to).

Buying NIB is not only buying the newest technology with color changing LED lighting and a larger memory bank of dots and (eventually, when finally finished) deeper rule sets, but it is buying games that come with a warranty and tech support if needed.

People talk about the smell of a NIB game . . . that smell is actually the game being generally worry free (other than minor dialing in).

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No question about the truth here and I think that is playing a big part of the outcome we are seeing. You don't have to examine a ton of pics to know if your ACDC is CQ . . . of course it will be CQ as it is NIB. You don't have to worry if you miss something (like I did with that Party Zone that had the water damage on the under-carriage . . . my fault for not asking for under-carriage pics but I just didn't think I would need to).
Buying NIB is not only buying the newest technology with color changing LED lighting and a larger memory bank of dots and (eventually, when finally finished) deeper rule sets, but it is buying games that come with a warranty and tech support if needed.
People talk about the smell of a NIB game . . . that smell is actually the game being generally worry free (other than minor dialing in).

I think that is part of the slight slow down you are seeing with the sales of older pins. Stern has a bunch of good value Pro models out. Do you want to buy a used STTNG for $5800 or buy a brand new Star Trek Premium Stern pin next year?
Oh, did I say used? I meant to say "pre-owned". LOL.

#43 10 years ago

Tough choice. I have both and they pair well.

#44 10 years ago

I could care less if I ever play TAF again. Sorry folks much of its love stems from playing it on location in my opinion, in my house I was bored quick. But I have a serious case of ADD so take my opinion with a grain of....I wonder whats for sale on CL.

#45 10 years ago

2 years ago got me a taf for £1700
But Get a acdc
Do you want to spend 6 k on a machine which is 20+ years old or do you want to be the first owner of a brand spanking new machine

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#46 10 years ago

Taf is my favorite Bally Williams and ACDC my favorite Stern......if I had to choose ACDC

#47 10 years ago

I have both and as classic is TAF is ac/dc wins in most facets. Both have really fun shots but there is no doubt some of the modern toys push ac/dc ahead of taf. I would not buy ac/dc unless I at least liked the band.

#48 10 years ago

Well, I have a TAF that I've owned since the '90's and never tire of it. I've played and considered owning an AC/DC but for some reason I cannot get away from the 'cheap' feel of it. I'm NOT bashing Stern (there are enough people who do that) I'm just stating that TAF has better legs, if you will. YMMV, though.

#49 10 years ago

another vote for AC/DC....LED's change color for different songs...how can you go wrong?

#50 10 years ago

I'll have to be a B/W fan boy on this one and say TAF. AC/DC is a great game, but TAF is the personification of what pinball is in my book.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 180.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-one-taf-or-acdc-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.