New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273188)

Which one of you nice people told me I could get shingles again?

By zr11990

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Electrocute
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

368822F7-A703-451C-A0D5-D5D98DEEEBBD (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

My shoulders started getting little bumps on them and they hurt. I thought it was just from being sunburned. This morning I woke up with shingles all over my shoulders and it hurts like hell. Thanks man.

#2 3 months ago

It’s covid

#3 3 months ago

Its both shoulders?

#4 3 months ago

Of course

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Its both shoulders?

Mostly on one but some around my neck and right shoulder. I thought it was just blisters from being sunburnt. I took a nap at the beach and didnt refresh the sunscreen

#5 3 months ago

I dont think shingles crosses into other dermatomes, so if its one shoulder and the other, probably not shingles

#6 3 months ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

so if its one shoulder and the other, probably not shingles

...back to Covid

#7 3 months ago

Doc said it was shingles on the left shoulder. The other side is blistering from being sunburned.

#8 3 months ago

Im the one that told you that and since you lost that bet with me, you’ll have to donate $20 to pinside.

#9 3 months ago

So this is your second bout? Ever get the shot afterwards or did you feel it wouldn't reoccur?

I had shingles a few years back. Even tho I was in my late 50's and in good shape, I literally felt like I was 100. Everything was just so sore and stiff. And I even spotted it very early and was given meds to minimize it. Simply brutal.

#10 3 months ago

The last time I had it it was close to 20 years ago and it was a spot the size of a baseball. This is about the same size and in the same place. It hurts but doesn't seem to hurt as bad. EEE I don't remember making the bet but I was going to donate to Pinside anyway so Ill do it. I need to pay my CC bill however. I made a huge purchase and it is full up. I have one card and I keep a low maximum to keep myself out of trouble.

#11 3 months ago

I had shingles about 19 years ago. Mine was about the size of quarter. You think I should worry about it?

#12 3 months ago

Ouch. That stinks.

i had shingles two days after I turned 40. It was misdiagnosed as a non-symptomatic ear infection the first time I went to the doctors and by the time it was clear they were wrong I was told it was too to take the anti-virals. It was on my bloody scalp and face. I looked like a klingon on half of my face. I really wish I would have taken pictures.

#13 3 months ago

PSA: if you have shingles on your face, treat the situation very seriously. If it spreads to your eyes, it can cause a lot of permanent issues including blindness.

#14 3 months ago

Currently getting over shingles. Mostly on right side, spot on my back. Couldn’t sleep for 4 nights. Not a good thing. Important to get to the doctor within 72 hours.

Good luck

#15 3 months ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Ouch. That stinks.
    i had shingles two days after I turned 40. It was misdiagnosed as a non-symptomatic ear infection the first time I went to the doctors and by the time it was clear they were wrong I was told it was too to take the anti-virals. It was on my bloody scalp and face. I looked like a klingon on half of my face. I really wish I would have taken pictures.

It must have really hurt if it was on your face and head.

#16 3 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Currently getting over shingles. Mostly on right side, spot on my back. Couldn’t sleep for 4 nights. Not a good thing. Important to get to the doctor within 72 hours.
    Good luck

My boxer stepped on my shoulder last night, it hurt a little bit.

#17 3 months ago

You’re going to need euthanasia.

#18 3 months ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You’re going to need euthanasia.

For me or the dog. I couldn’t hurt BoBo. He was s way to cute.

368822F7-A703-451C-A0D5-D5D98DEEEBBD (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #19 3 months ago

So sorry about your shingles! I had the Zoster Vaccine a few years ago and glad I did - but found out it is only about 51% effective for five years. Going to get the new Shingrix shot, its more effective (91%) for a longer time. You can still get the Shingrix shot after having shingles to help prevent a recurrence, its available at Walgreens and other pharmacies I think.

#20 3 months ago

Don’t understand how they come up with the stats. I was unlikely, 33%, to get shingles if I did nothing. Now I’ve read that I’m unlikely to get shingles again since I’ve already had it. What is it, 33%?
    51% affective seems like a placebo to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 10.95
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 6,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 599.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Stranger Things Topper Out of stock
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 88.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 27.95
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    € 30.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside