“Which pin would you add...”

• Creature From the Black Lagoon 11 votes
    20%
  • The Shadow 19 votes
    34%
  • Ghostbusters pro 26 votes
    46%

(56 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WesleyCowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

I owned CFBTL and TS in a small (4 pin) collection. Shadow theme and movie weren't very special but the pin itself is great, fairly deep and for me it was very challenging. Although not as inexpensive as they used to be, still overall a very solid bang for buck pin. It's very unique and even though I thought the move was mediocre the animations and sounds are very well integrated from the movie.

I also really like Creech including the 50's feel of a drive in movie theater, gameplay, art and sounds. Some don't like that is has only a two ball multiball, but it's challenging and I never minded that. Hard to find one in great or even shape for a decent price. I'm really sorry I sold mine and miss it probably as much, if not more than any pin I've ever sold. But I only have room for 4 pins and so keep even my favorite ones around 1.5-2 years with the exception of Pinbot which I had for 6-7 years.

GB theme does nothing for me at all but theme and art are always subjective and you might really like it so could be a good choice. I admit I haven't played one so I have no real idea how good it is. I'm glad to see a Trudeau Stern pin getting some excitement as WWE was very bad and Mustang was okay, IMO. However, it's hard to get a feel this early what is hype versus the long term desire for how this game will stand up in home use settings and small collections.

Just seems too early to tell if GB will be a great pin overtime or if in a few months when the hype and honeymoon phase is over for many, how it will be seen. However, others rankings aren't vital to what you might or might not like. That said if GB is your dream theme and much more interesting than the other two, maybe that's a great choice for you. If there's anyway you could play all 3 that could really help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WesleyCowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-one-of-these-3-pins-for-a-small-collection?tu=WesleyCowan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.