By wizardblom

1 year ago

Stats

• 28 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have bought three bingo's but only room for one to keep.

Which one is the best in game rules?

1. Key West

2. Miss America (1975)

3. Ticker Tape

#2 1 year ago

bingos are all the same. Keep all 3, because they arn't worth much if you try to sell anyway.

#3 1 year ago

PM "bingopodcast" ... I'm sure he can give you an opinion. He's very knowledgeable on all things bingo, and then some.

#4 1 year ago

Key West has the most features out of the three. It is also a beautiful 1956 woodrail bingo pinball machine with nice artwork and a great playability. It has triple deck scoring, select a score (score booster), magic squares or turning corners, extra time rollovers, automatic spot numbers, 4 corners, bally hole and three extra balls buy in.

Miss America and Ticker Tape are two other real nice games too, but different in play.

#5 1 year ago

I agree Vic's assessment that Key West is the best option out of those three. Being able to rotate the numbers and swap between red and yellow odds is a really nice feature.

1975 Miss America should have the red letter game, which is a nice feature, star zone scoring, and alternate diagonal scoring, along with a second card and extra balls. Has quadruple deck scoring. The numbers can move one position to the left and right on each horizontal line. Lots to do on this bingo as well.

Ticker Tape is a great six card game. It is very fast and straightforward. Only two additional features and no extra balls. Great for challenging yourself to make that five in a line with no extra chances!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bingos are all the same

- just from the small descriptions above, you can see that's not true.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I agree Vic's assessment that Key West is the best option out of those three. Being able to rotate the numbers and swap between red and yellow odds is a really nice feature.
1975 Miss America should have the red letter game, which is a nice feature, star zone scoring, and alternate diagonal scoring, along with a second card and extra balls. Has quadruple deck scoring. The numbers can move one position to the left and right on each horizontal line. Lots to do on this bingo as well.
Ticker Tape is a great six card game. It is very fast and straightforward. Only two additional features and no extra balls. Great for challenging yourself to make that five in a line with no extra chances!

- just from the small descriptions above, you can see that's not true.

Miss America '75 does not have the Red Letter game, Star Zone scoring or Diagonal scoring. Those are on Miss America Supreme or Miss America Deluxe.

I agree that Key West is the best of the three.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bingos are all the same. Keep all 3, because they arn't worth much if you try to sell anyway.

This statement could not be further from the truth. Why would you post in a bingo thread when you obviously have zero knowledge of bingos?

#8 1 year ago

Got my Miss Americas mixed up. Well, that definitely strengthens the case for the Key West. Very fun player.

#9 1 year ago

most bingos i've run across had very little difference between them. Similar gobble hole grid. With very little diffrences between them.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Similar gobble hole grid. With very little diffrences between them.

Aside from artwork, and of course how those holes interact with the rest of the game, played between the backglass and the front cabinet buttons and rail buttons. There are actually very few bingos that are even 'almost' the same.

If you ever make it to the York show, I'd be happy to show you some of the differences in person. Multiple types of backglass animation, differences in feature availability (time tree), rollover buttons that can change the game completely, automatic features that will only activate once you shoot your first ball.... and lots, lots more.

If you look at the standard 25 hole playfield layout, you might have a similar opinion if you see multiple different games together, but I guarantee each game will have a separate roll and require different numbers to award those sweet sweet replays.

Also, bingos can fetch quite a price depending on quality of restoration and title.

#11 1 year ago

I usually see only the woodrail oldschool bingos. Usually with $50 price tags that nobody still wants.

#12 1 year ago

Any $50 woodrail bingo in good condition I'm interested in (the woodrails are my favorite, but I love 'em all). Let me know next time you see one.

I've never seen one in the few years I've been in the hobby.

#13 1 year ago

I usually pass on them because I usually can't give them away. they are like puck bowlers. Hard to move after you clear $250. Your distance it going to make it not worth it anymore.

#14 1 year ago

Like I say, let me know. Happy to pick them up for $50 all day. A nice working bingo will bring much more than $250, but title is important.

#15 1 year ago

yea, but $50 over here, isn't $50 for you anymore, as you are about 12 hours away from here.

#16 1 year ago

No, but I also know lots of bingo collectors all over the US.

#17 1 year ago

prices are lower over here. It's hard to move bingos, flipperless and old pachinkos over here. And they are not valuable enough to ship, so they just sit.

#18 1 year ago

Well, I've been tracking prices for a bit across the US and I certainly haven't seen a giant bingo pricing difference, except on the west coast.

Bingos require quite a bit more thought and ball control during gameplay than flipperless pinball and of course a ton more than pachinko. I'll start looking specifically in your area - I know a couple of Wisconsinites that have a bingo or two and might be interested in a few more, and folks in neighboring states as well.

As regards this person's question, though, I have seen plenty of folks ship a game just to have it repaired and then ship it back. So shipping bingos does happen. More so for working games.

I've talked about every single Bally bingo over the course of over 100 episodes of my podcast. I speak about the features of each of these games in:

http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-298-1956-bally-key-west

http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-251-1974-bally-miss-america-75

http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-180-1972-bally-ticker-tape-with-special-guest

Now, at the time, I was doing these almost sequentially, so there may be some assumption of familiarity with the basic gameplay. If you would like a better description of how to play, just let me know.

Since recording the key west episode, I have played a couple of different folks' games. It is a fantastic game. The magic squares are my favorite feature, so I'm a bit biased.

#19 1 year ago

Would also keep the "Key West" bingo over the other two. Lotsa nice features on that one.

#20 1 year ago

I thought so myself.
Key West is the oldest, and looks really nice.
Will be a nice one in my small "odd" line up: Gigi, Hot Tip (s.s.) and Revenge from Mars.
A good balance between old e.m. and newer s.s. and computer(?) pinball.
Should buy a nice 80's game to get all the decades (50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's )
Maybe...in the near future...

#21 1 year ago

Most famous is The Miss America. To the best of my knowledge Bally made at least 5 if not 6 different Miss Americas.Best money maker they ever made however, I prefer the Key West. Will be having one up for sale in the next month.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I usually see only the woodrail oldschool bingos. Usually with $50 price tags that nobody still wants.

I'll take those $50 woodrails in Wisconsin.... I haven't seen any , funny I'm just an hour North from Burlington, WI. Guess I better drive down there and get all those games nobody wants.

As to the topic - if the Key West is working correctly I'd keep that one. Don't know how many Bingos you see in the Netherlands. You may want to hang on to all three some how. Maybe a relative or friend or two could hold on to a game or two for you.

#23 1 year ago

If you can't keep all three bingo's and maybe you can squeeze in two bingos. I'd would consider the Ticker Tape as the second choice. The six card bingo pinball machines have a quicker game pace to them, which in return gives the player more playing time and puts the player in position to becoming a better player sooner.

#24 1 year ago

Agreed Vic! There are a couple of Miss America games with what I consider better artwork or better gameplay, so Ticker Tape would be #2 for me as well. Also, what Vic says about becoming a better player sooner is absolutely true. You don't have any extra balls - so you have to fight for your wins.

#25 1 year ago

I would put Ticker Tape #2 also. Six card would be a good compliment to #1 pick Key West - more of a contrast in two machines if two would be manageable. Also I think a Miss America of one of the various types could maybe be had in the future if you had to part with one game - you might find one as nice or maybe better in the future. The Key West is definitely #1 though if you must only keep one...

#26 1 year ago

Thanks for the info, will be a difficult choice.
Just one or....

#27 1 year ago

Sell the wife!

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'll take those $50 woodrails in Wisconsin.... I haven't seen any , funny I'm just an hour North from Burlington, WI. Guess I better drive down there and get all those games nobody wants.
As to the topic - if the Key West is working correctly I'd keep that one. Don't know how many Bingos you see in the Netherlands. You may want to hang on to all three some how. Maybe a relative or friend or two could hold on to a game or two for you.

They arn't in my actual town but are around here. I've ran into plenty of bingos over the years. But i'm still going to pass on them, because I do not know what i'm buying and don't want to get stuck with them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinbology
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.99
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 412 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.