(Topic ID: 61228)

Which One Better and HAVE MORE VAlUE ( AC/DC PRO - TRON PRO)

By rev

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TimeBandit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which One Better and HAVE MORE VAlUE ( AC/DC PRO - TRON PRO)”

• ac/dc pro 14 votes
    25%
  • tron pro 42 votes
    75%

(56 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Hi
not sure which one both are huo and about the same price.Thanks

#3 10 years ago

Value right now goes to tron based on the market. Better is your decision.

#4 10 years ago

Tron pro, for sure (in terms of value).

#5 10 years ago

both are great pins and tons of fun..... but for me TRON pro wins for $$ value and gameplay.

#6 10 years ago

Acdc for sure

#7 10 years ago

Tron Pro!!

#8 10 years ago

Love them both - but if you are only concerned about resale value I too would say Tron Pro.

#9 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-or-tron-pro

I've owned both and both are amazing. Go with the theme you like.

#10 10 years ago

Tron pro is great, maybe the best Stern of all time. A lot of people dislike acdc as a theme, and a lot of people who do like acdc would far prefer the premium edition of acdc so resale might be limited to a small subgroup of people who like acdc theme. I believe everyone likes Tron as a theme.

#11 10 years ago

AC/DC is the better game but Tron might be the better value (unless your paying too much for AC/DC)

#12 10 years ago

Tron is way better. Go Tron!

#13 10 years ago

tron pro....no contest

#14 10 years ago

I very strongly feel ACDC is the better game, but there's no debate that Tron is more valuable (10-15% assuming equal condition/mods/etc).

#15 10 years ago

Tron Pro will have more value than AC/DC Pro. There is no Tron Premium and not many people want to pay 10k+ for the LE... Tron Pro is the only other alternative, so even Tron Pro will go up in value as Tron demand holds steady or increases. On the other hand, AC/DC has a Premium with (probably) thousands produced at a reasonable price. Collectors who don't want to spend 10k+ on the LE will gravitate toward AC/DC Prem, and the Pro will mostly be seen as the "route" version. Once it's out of production, if AC/DC Pro rises in value, I believe it will be relative with the other versions...Prem and LE will also go up. When it's all said and done and both are out of production, I think it's a reasonable guess that AC/DC Pro will be ~$4500 or less while Tron Pro will be ~$6000 (+/- depending on mods)

#16 10 years ago

Not sure when we'll ever find out production numbers for either machine but it's certain that there are less Trons than ACDC's. The fact that both are great machines would equalize their values but the availability is what tips the scale.

#17 10 years ago

Tron Pro is a great pin with very few trade offs by not going for the LE. AC/DC Pro is still great, but there are massive trade offs by not going with the Premium/LE. Between the two, I'd take the Tron Pro. The conversation gets really tough if you are picking between Tron Pro and an AC/DC Premium, however.

#18 10 years ago

Tron Pro is one of the best games in Pinball. Also one of the most modded games in Pinball; if you get one make sure you have some extra cash on hand for some very cool mods. You can spend $1,000 in mods on a Tron Pro in about an hour no sweat...

#19 10 years ago

Tron and... Tron.

#20 10 years ago

Im sure I dont need to tell ya'll which one Im voting for.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im sure I dont need to tell ya'll which one Im voting for.

Lamp?

#22 10 years ago

Not sure why you care about value when fun should be your main concern.

Tron over the pro, the premium ac/dc is awesome but I would pick the tron pro over that. Both are great games.

#23 10 years ago

Thanks,to all of you who responds,I think no I'm sure the decision wont be too hard to take.
TRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

#24 10 years ago

Another thing to think about...there are so many variations of Tron Pro that each one might have its own unique value. There are screen printed cabinets w/ 3D translite....decal cabinets with 2D Clu or Girls translite....orange DMD, red LED DMD...some have cycles, some have other vehicles.

#25 10 years ago

Tron!

#26 10 years ago

AC/DC is still available for purchase NIB, so it's hard to say witch one will have a better resale value in a few years. Right now it's Tron of course.
I had a decision like yours to make a few months ago. I went with Tron. Love it! And now i also want an AC/DC

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I had a decision like yours to make a few months ago. I went with Tron. Love it! And now i also want an AC/DC

That's the point right there... You'll end up with both anyway... Hehe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-one-better-and-have-more-value-acdc-pro-tron-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.