(Topic ID: 113470)

Which of Your Machines Didn't Get Touched This Xmas?

By beelzeboob

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by njgsx96
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Okay...so Christmas is nearly over. We had about 15 people over and out of my four machines, WOZ, LOTR, and IJ all got pretty heavy playing time. My poor Congo sat there untouched, so I had to show it some love. I don't know why that game doesn't draw people. Great looking machine, great game. Go figure.

Does anybody else have a machine that was ignored this Christmas that you were (maybe) surprised about?

Makes me wonder how long Congo will stay in my collection...

#2 5 years ago

Do you actually judge machines in your collection by how OTHER people like them?

I've found this is a no-win situation.

If you like Congo, that's the reason belongs in your stable. No other.

#3 5 years ago

Everything was played ... WOZ had the most plays

#4 5 years ago

In reply to the actual question, nothing here was played. We stayed upstairs eating this year.

#5 5 years ago

None......we were away this year.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...so Christmas is nearly over. We had about 15 people over and out of my four machines, WOZ, LOTR, and IJ all got pretty heavy playing time. My poor Congo sat there untouched, so I had to show it some love. I don't know why that game doesn't draw people. Great looking machine, great game. Go figure.
Does anybody else have a machine that was ignored this Christmas that you were (maybe) surprised about?

I would guess its the theme alone.
Indy, woz,Lotr are all very successful movies.
Congo, not so much.
If your guests are not pinball people they would be more likely to be attracted to a theme they already know well.
Fwiw, I love Congo but have never seen the movie.

#8 5 years ago

No pins played here today as well, so far.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Do you actually judge machines in your collection by how OTHER people like them?
I've found this is a no-win situation.
If you like Congo, that's the reason belongs in your stable. No other.

Not at all. But when push comes to shove and you have to make space, it seems a little foolish not to get rid of the machines that don't get played as much. I loves me some Congo!

Just wondering what machines got some love (or not) in peoples' homes this holiday.

#10 5 years ago

none been dog sitting at my daughters since Tuesday

#11 5 years ago

None yet, but the night is young.

#12 5 years ago

None of then. Spent time away from home with family. Great day.

#13 5 years ago

Big Guns is so far the only machine that has been touched today. As soon as it's back together, I may play it. And maybe some of the others too once guests arrive.

#14 5 years ago

I had company over last night but everyone was preoccupied with eating, talking and watching the SNL Christmas special.

I've played my MET a few times today, it's brighter than my Christmas tree I might add.

#15 5 years ago

All

#16 5 years ago

Every year we do a star wars marathon. Nothing got touched today. Not even me.

#17 5 years ago

Zero.

Ate some honey baked ham, watched Frosty and took it easy.

#18 5 years ago

Yup. None here. Time with family, most of whom are not the least bit interested in pinball.

#19 5 years ago

No pinball machines played. Foosball and sit down racer were the games of choice for my children and nieces/nephews. Rest of adults stayed upstairs ate, talked and men watched the NBA games. I was too ill (Xmas cold) to go down and play pinball today.

#20 5 years ago

No pinball played at our house today.

#21 5 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard got no love today.

#22 5 years ago

Christmas was at mom's. No guest over here today. All I played was Atlantis, STLE and College Queens, so a lot of pins got no love. Worked on shopping Haunted House.

#23 5 years ago

The only games that didn't get played are those that were down...got some work to do...

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well if you want it to get some more love ill be glad to purchase it and it can be played a ton >}

#25 5 years ago

I have only played a bagatelle recently...

Andrew

#26 5 years ago

Each and every one got played. My machines are like my kids, I love them all equally and show no favoritism. They all have unique features that set them apart.

#27 5 years ago

At the beach house and got 541k on WOZ but it's the only pin I have here - my wife doesn't care for any pin including WOZ. I love them all and that's good enough for me.

#28 5 years ago

Out of my collection CSI and CTFBL get the least love.

#29 5 years ago

Had a bunch of Family over yesterday ....they all got played ( not by me, I was too busy being the " host" and explaining what shots to go for on the games.....when I was down there ( Gameroom) WOZ was virtually non stop , w SM second then TSPP and FGY tied for third...the way I have TRON setup is a bit brutal ( very short Gametimes)...felt sorry for my williams games...barely touched....( I still love them).

Had to kick one of my daughters fiancé off the WOZ...end of the night....he wouldn't leave!!

#30 5 years ago

Seawitch was never turned on...poor hag...
I'll say that Tx Sector got turned on first and I keep that one turned up louder than the others and when people heard it I recieved several comments about how that it is the coolest sounding pin they ever heard.
Someone was on it all night.
Everything was played a lot.

#31 5 years ago

None did.
Worked 12 hours.
Came home.
Ate dinner.
Got drunk.
Went to bed.

#32 5 years ago

For Christmas we only play after we do our gift exchange. It's kind of how the family winds down before dispersing. We had about 15 people over and during that time:

- Highest played was ST and Avengers with them never going without being played.
- Next was MET and was occupied about 90% of the time.
- Next was TFLE and was occupied about 80% of the time.
- Last was AC/DC and was only played by me.

I love AC/DC but I think it may be time to move it into my office and put a different game in the gameroom since it seems to be more of a pin for me now than the whole family.

#33 5 years ago

Just Breakshot cause it has reset problem...

#34 5 years ago

I only have one but I didn't get a chance to play it. My wife and I spent Christmas morning together with our two cats and then went to my parents to spend time with the family.

#35 5 years ago

Theatre of Magic, but that might be because of the new Indy and AFM in the house.

#36 5 years ago

All were played once by me. We weren't home most of the day, but I had to play a game before bed. So I played 6.

#37 5 years ago

All mine were in hyper-sleep

#38 5 years ago

All played by family The most played was AFM . Second was LOTR . 3rd was IJ. 4th was BF. 5TH WAS WH2O . 6TH TZ and 7th Sopranos. All got played a lot probably 90 games on AFM to 20 on Sopranos.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

All played by family The most played was AFM . Second was LOTR . 3rd was IJ. 4th was BF. 5TH WAS WH2O . 6TH TZ and 7th Sopranos. All got played a lot probably 90 games on AFM to 20 on Sopranos.

Dude...I'm spending next Christmas at YOUR house!

#40 5 years ago

Mine haven't been played since before thanksgiving.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Mine haven't been played since before thanksgiving.

Wurt the furk???

#42 5 years ago

Out of the six I have in my game room, Cyclone got zero play. Hurricane and High Speed only got a little love. Whirlwind and Earthshaker did quite well, but Swords of Fury ended up being the run away hit.

#43 5 years ago

All of mine were played. Iron man got the most plays though.

It probably went iron man, Metallica, avatar, LOTR

#44 5 years ago

LOTR got the least love, even the color DMD didnt help. I'm starting to think maybe it's time to trade it

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

LOTR got the least love, even the color DMD didnt help. I'm starting to think maybe it's time to trade it

Yep! Trade her to me!

#46 5 years ago

All my pins were played but what surprised me is the 12 year old niece ran up to her dad and said "dad they have an AcDc pinball machine" ! Let's go play it. I didn't know 12 year olds even knew who AcDc were? I was thinking the kids would play WOZ but the true winner was IJ.

#47 5 years ago

I only have 1 real pinball, Black Rose, but I had my basement set up with BR, the virtual next to it and on the side was my MAME Cabinet. It was like a revolving door and if we weren't eating, almost everyone was downstairs! We had 15 people in our small house and having the game room really spread everyone out and gave us so much more space to enjoy. It was awesome, I just wish I took pictures! Everyone loved BR and really enjoyed the virtual as well, although they all complained the flippers were off. I don't think they are but I think the timing is different on a video game. The MAME cabinet was played a lot as well, but seemed more like a time killer until they could get on the pinball tables! LOL Such a success!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside