Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200114_191442 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200106_202042 (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

prompted by a post by cait001 in the HEP restoration thread, if you could send one of your current collection of pins to HEP for his awesome makeover/restoration which one would you choose? and why?

For me I think I would love to see what he would do with my Stern Dracula, the artwork on the playfield and cabinet is great, and I think with some tasteful upgrades it would look truly fantastic. I'm currently working on doing some changes myself, but I could never come close to his level especially considering all the work my playfield needs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/

Just in case someone hasn't run across High End Pins / Chris Hutchins restore thread before.

#2 4 years ago

My TSPP got the HEP treatment last year. Tron LE, which has had lots of play, is due up next.

After that I'll probably send off CV, assuming Chris is still doing his thing.

#3 4 years ago

If money was no object I would have him do every machine I owned. What a nice job Chris does top to bottom.

If I had to pick just one machine I think I would have a Space Shuttle done. Mainly because of the history behind that machine plus I love the great look of that machine overall. Who doesn't like the best thing NASA ever designed? I just don't understand why they moved away from them.

It isn't a bad playing machine but a nice HEP example would look great anywhere. And if I had a HEP machine in the collection I would want it somewhere that I could look at it often.

#4 4 years ago

Every time I look at that thread I always DREAM of sending my Haunted House over to him. It's quite possibly the only game I would never ever part with and I would love to have it completely bulletproofed and done up by Chris.

#5 4 years ago

I already pulled the trigger and sent him my Judge Dredd in December. Told him there was no rush and get to it whenever he wants to. I'm sure it will be done sometime this year. Chris said he has only done 1 Dredd in the past and I'm not sure it was the entire game, may have just been a playfield. Either way, I will have a super rare HEP JD when all done.

Why Judge Dredd? Well, it was a grail game of mine because I was a huge Judge Dredd comic fan back in the 80's and when I finally found my JD, I got it playing 100%, but it needed some love as a previously heavily routed game. I sanded the cabinet and put on new decals, but having it apart that much made me realize how much more work it really needed. I have always loved following the HEP thread and drool over what he turns out, and since I never plan on selling my JD, I figured it was the perfect candidate to send to him. Looking forward to seeing what Chris does to it!

#6 4 years ago

I would definitely have him to my EBD. It's kind of my grail pin, and he's done a couple in the last few years, and I just drool at the finished product every time. Can't even imagine having a HEP EBD...

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Every time I look at that thread I always DREAM of sending my Haunted House over to him. It's quite possibly the only game I would never ever part with and I would love to have it completely bulletproofed and done up by Chris.

I think HH is a fantastic choice. It's a 40YO game - i doubt they will ever be remade.. so the HEP treatment would create an absolute showpiece.

#8 4 years ago

I'd hep my JD, TS or DH.... Probably DH first because it will be the last pin to ever leave my collection. But I would consider JD because it's rare to find them in great shape.

#9 4 years ago

I'd HEP my TZ or MB.

#10 4 years ago

I'd have the nicest dang Humpty Dumpty on the planet.

#11 4 years ago

with the remake I imagine it'd be hard to choose MB over TZ though...

#13 4 years ago

Id like to have a HEP Shadow. Because it is one of my favorites and has had longevity in my collection, i could see keeping the title a long time

#14 4 years ago

I wish I could say any of my current games needed his treatment. I guess if any, it would have to be Comet.

I've owned one before and it was super nice. Some 90s game called Medieval Madness.

#16 4 years ago

It'd be my CFTBL....my wife bought this for me NIB for our wedding present back in '93, so not only sentimental value but I love the pin! Obviously, it's HUO, but I'd still like Chris to give it "The Treatment".

#18 4 years ago

The fact is that if you consider the game a permanent fixture in you home, and you can afford it, it is not difficult to justify a HEP restore. On the average, restoration costs about as much as a NIB machine, and when it is completed, you essentially have a better than NIB machine. The difference pretty much being what you had originally invested in the game prior to restoration. So it should not be considered a financial investment but rather an investment in years of enjoyment playing a favorite machine in the best possible condition.

I have a number of HEP machines. But my favorite HEP machine is my CFTBL plated in black nickel. Unfortunately the gallery photos of the restored machines are no longer publicly available on the HEP site.

Whatever game you choose, you will not be disappointed in the final product.

#19 4 years ago

My favorite HEP of all time was when Chris did Centaur in white and black offset.

That game looked so damn good and it was one of a kind!

Would love to have a Centaur that looked like that.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

The fact is that if you consider the game a permanent fixture in you home, and you can afford it, it is not difficult to justify a HEP restore. On the average, restoration costs about as much as a NIB machine, and when it is completed, you essentially have a better than NIB machine. The difference pretty much being what you had originally invested in the game prior to restoration. So it should not be considered a financial investment but rather an investment in years of enjoyment playing a favorite machine in the best possible condition.
I have a number of HEP machines. But my favorite HEP machine is my CFTBL plated in black nickel. Unfortunately the gallery photos of the restored machines are no longer publicly available on the HEP site.
Whatever game you choose, you will not be disappointed in the final product.

Nice collection! Do you have your Addams Gold restored by HEP? Would love to see one of those done. That's a title that I feel like would justify the cost as well since it's already desirable.

#22 4 years ago

Shipping would kill me, but i am considering having my orbit 1 done by someone here in Australia that does a similar quality work.

Special machine to me, it's just got everything a pinball needs (except ramps) and teaches me more about ball control and shot placement than any other machine.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Nice collection! Do you have your Addams Gold restored by HEP? Would love to see one of those done. That's a title that I feel like would justify the cost as well since it's already desirable.

Hep Games:
CC (early restore)
SS
MM
AFG
CFTBL
FH
SC
ES (awaiting restore)

I'm sure the if you contacted Chris at HEP he would give you temporary access to the gallery. He has done several AFGs and you could view my CFTBL in black nickel (including wire forms).

#24 4 years ago

CFTBL, maybe Shadow. Tough call ...

#25 4 years ago

Definitely Wh20....would love to do some upgrades with lighting and give it the chrome treatment too. I would then bolt it to the floor and add it to my will

#26 4 years ago

I have the Alien LE that HEP repaired after it was badly damaged in shipping. The thing is absolutely incredible. I certainly hope someone is learning the craft of continuing the repairs/restorations by their standards. I wish I had the ability to do such work.

#27 4 years ago

What do they all do when it’s considered HEP? Will they fix cab art and playfield wear or just replace everything with high end parts?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What do they all do when it’s considered HEP? Will they fix cab art and playfield wear or just replace everything with high end parts?

Go through the HEP This week thread. You can see for yourself what he does. It awesome.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Go through the HEP This week thread. You can see for yourself what he does. It awesome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/

Just in case someone hasn't run across it before.

#30 4 years ago

So I understand each restoration is different, but what is a ballpark price for a HEP restoration?

#31 4 years ago

I’d have the nicest Nags in the solar system...

#32 4 years ago

Take a look at the tread, over 6200 posts and 12400 photos. My go-to thread on a daily basis.

#33 4 years ago

My Vacation America, definitely would have HEP do a proper restoration of this gem.

#34 4 years ago

I went to the HEP thread. Thanks for sharing all. Amazing work that he does on those pins. I don’t know what I’d hep. I’m sure it’s not cheap but if he wanted to do it as a gift I have one of the nicest d&ds I’ve ever seen that would be cool to see how awesome he could make that. Also, my wife’s favorite pin, sorcerer, would be beautiful if he worked on that one. The art is awesome on sorcerer

#35 4 years ago

HH would be my pick. Timeless game

#36 4 years ago

Black Hole

#37 4 years ago

Don't have the game.

If I did. Punchy The Clown.

LTG : )

#38 4 years ago

Skateball

#39 4 years ago

As much as I would love having the HEP treatment to my IJ, I would feel guilty playing it. The work he does is otherworldly!

#40 4 years ago

Funhouse without a doubt. I do have one that I have done some work on. It would benefit from a new play field and I am too lazy/overwhelmed/busy to do this on my own. I actually contacted HEP a while back about doing a restore on this machine.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't have the game.
If I did. Punchy The Clown.

There’s one for sale round here

#42 4 years ago

Would do every game i own. What pinball person wouldn't want that all nice perfect games. Just need to be played no hair pulling, part chasing required. The only reason it can't happen is Chris can't do these for free and he is a one man system. He have to have two clones. Even then he still couldn't come close to all machines we people want done.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

There’s one for sale round here

Have to wait until I can afford the game and then afford the HEP treatment.

#44 4 years ago

When your product defines the described name of the product category, you've accomplished something. Kleenex for facial tissue, RollerBlades for inline skates, HEP.

#45 4 years ago

Currently it wld be my bsd as it's been in my collection the longest and It was one of the better deals I've found over the years. I actually have allready talked to chris about getting it done so the ball is slowly rolling. I have a wh20 that cld get done but its basically nib allready so financially it wldnt make much sence but one can dream lol.

#46 4 years ago

I wouldn't, but I guess FG

#47 4 years ago

great amazing work, but I don't need em that nice. I play them, not eat off them.

#48 4 years ago

I would ask him to create the nicest Barracora on the planet...

#49 4 years ago

ToTAN for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 199.95
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-of-your-games-would-you-hep?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.