(Topic ID: 222208)

Which of these two have the better game play?

By Action53

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bribo13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_2140119396274882 (resized).jpeg
received_2140119362941552 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of either game. But to be completely objective, I guess it depends on how you're playing it.

Yep.

I played these both back in the day and remember them well.

If I had to pick one or the other I would probably lean towards Jubilee, but both games would have to have at least 2 players at all times to be any kind of fun IMO. Playing as a one player in either case would be a bore fest after a couple games. I like the colors and artwork better on Jubilee and feel there is a bit more challenge then Jungle, and I tend to be a Gottlieb/Bally guy these days.

The pop bumper behind the Spinner on Jungle really kills you with a SDTM ball most times with a straight shot. Then what else to do but shoot the ball up the left and right lanes for bonus to be safe, not much challenge in that IMO.

Jubilee has the ball thrown by the kickout holes next to the flippers at the captive balls most of the time so flipper shots to them does not have to be very often, so once again you are left with shooting the ball to the top of the playfield to advance bonus as well, once again not the best challenge of a game IMO.

Personally I feel these are OK machines to have in a large collection (30+) but they are both rated "D" games IMO as in "barely passing" for overall fun for the long haul. Both games are usually available for purchase as they rotate in and out of collections quite often so no need to feel like you have to jump on buying one unless they are in great shape and a couple hundred dollars locally each..

Just my 2 cents

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-of-these-two-have-the-better-game-play-?tu=em-pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.