(Topic ID: 222208)

Which of these two have the better game play?

By Action53

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bribo13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

received_2140119396274882 (resized).jpeg
received_2140119362941552 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Jubilee by Williams

Or

Jungle by Gottlieb

Which is more fun? More replay value?

#2 1 year ago

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of either game. But to be completely objective, I guess it depends on how you're playing it.

I actually had a pretty fun game of Jubilee once. But it was a multiplayer game, and everyone was trying to get the "balls on the same side." It was kinda fun to not only get it for yourself, but also try to sabotage the person up next. Or maybe we were all suffering from a mild case of Stockholm Syndrome? Not sure.

Jungle has a spinner, which is neat, but it's pretty unsatisfying because it drops the ball right into that pop nest that likes the dribble the ball right down between the flippers, and the left and right rollovers kinda give off a "Captain Fantastic" vibe when you get a clean shot across a row and rack up your bonus.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of either game. But to be completely objective, I guess it depends on how you're playing it.

Yep.

I played these both back in the day and remember them well.

If I had to pick one or the other I would probably lean towards Jubilee, but both games would have to have at least 2 players at all times to be any kind of fun IMO. Playing as a one player in either case would be a bore fest after a couple games. I like the colors and artwork better on Jubilee and feel there is a bit more challenge then Jungle, and I tend to be a Gottlieb/Bally guy these days.

The pop bumper behind the Spinner on Jungle really kills you with a SDTM ball most times with a straight shot. Then what else to do but shoot the ball up the left and right lanes for bonus to be safe, not much challenge in that IMO.

Jubilee has the ball thrown by the kickout holes next to the flippers at the captive balls most of the time so flipper shots to them does not have to be very often, so once again you are left with shooting the ball to the top of the playfield to advance bonus as well, once again not the best challenge of a game IMO.

Personally I feel these are OK machines to have in a large collection (30+) but they are both rated "D" games IMO as in "barely passing" for overall fun for the long haul. Both games are usually available for purchase as they rotate in and out of collections quite often so no need to feel like you have to jump on buying one unless they are in great shape and a couple hundred dollars locally each..

Just my 2 cents

#4 1 year ago

I'm new to em pinballs, I was never a fan of them but after recently getting a Williams Action Baseball and fixing it up the charm has really started to grow on me.

I think I'm going to go with the Jubilee. It needs a cleaning but is fully working (minus a few bulbs) and the guy wants to trade it to me for a vending machine I have. I have four kids so I think they'll have fun playing together

received_2140119362941552 (resized).jpegreceived_2140119396274882 (resized).jpeg
#5 1 year ago

The Williams is a total bore fest , take away the active pop bumpers it is just Firewood

Jungle / wild life is way way to easy ..it is defiantly the better of the two..but neither is a winner...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Boards
Allteksystems
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 218.00
$ 14.95
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside