(Topic ID: 10552)

Which of these lineups is the best mix of pins?

By gambit3113

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which of these lineups is the best mix?”

• MM, TZ, LOTR, SS 5 votes
      10%
    • MM, TAF, LOTR, SS 5 votes
      10%
    • MM, TZ, TAF, SS 5 votes
      10%
    • MM, TAF, IJ, SS 2 votes
      4%
    • AFM, TZ, TAF, SS, LOTR 13 votes
      25%
    • AFM, TZ, TAF, SS, IJ 9 votes
      18%
    • AFM, TAF, MB, SS 8 votes
      16%
    • AFM, TZ, TAF, MB 4 votes
      8%

(51 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

Looking to shake things up. Taking the temperature on the mixes I am considering....

#2 12 years ago

My choice's were ,, AFM, TZ, TAF, SS, IJ , All 5 are Great . Good Luck ..

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

That's an easy lineup for me to achieve. A buddy in Houston is currently restoring an IJ that he wants to swap me for LOTR even. New cab decals, new back box, all new brass wire forms, legs, apron, rails, etc....

#4 12 years ago

Oh, and I forgot to mention that WOZ will be joining the lineup when it is released. Didn't include it in the lineup, as we obviously don't know what it is going to play like. I assume that it will be a deep, stop-and-start type.

#5 12 years ago

Oddly enough, I chose the line up you HAVE. MM? Great? You bet it is. 9 - 10k great? Not for me....

This comes from the guy who would contemplate buying one of your pins after WOZ comes out...

The choice that isn't there that I might think of is replacing SS with MB.

Good luck! I lose sleep over this exact same decision that you're struggling with.

Last...I have owned or frequently played all of your line up. The only one I wish I could have back tomorrow is LOTR.

#6 12 years ago

I am trying to keep the value more or less equivalent across the options. Trading SS for MB is too much of a stretch, and I am done adding new $$$ to the collection for awhile. It's a seller's market, and I don't want to sink more cash into that market right now.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I am done adding new $$$ to the collection for awhile

I hear you, my friend. I may have guessed that to be the case. I just wasn't sure. I do know the "grass is always greener" quote seems to be abundantly appropriate for describing this hobby, too.

I have sought out and owned many of the "top" machines the last couple of years. I felt that I just needed to get this one instead of that one. I was never happy. I was also foolish.

I am NOT saying that wanting MM makes you a fool. I only want to caution you to carefully consider what you might give up just to attain a game that may not make you any happier than the one (s) you would give up to get it.

Good luck, again!

#8 12 years ago

MM, TZ, TAF, SS

#9 12 years ago

Actually, if I could do it over, I should have voted:

MM, TZ, LOTR, SS

I don't care for TAF.

#10 12 years ago

The last choice is not bad, but get rid of TAF (especially if you have TZ) and get TOTAN or CV.

#11 12 years ago

AFM TZ IJ TAF and SS was my choice.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

AFM TZ IJ TAF and SS was my choice.

+1 but id then sell TAF

Quoted from RobT:

I don't care for TAF.

+1

#13 12 years ago

More pins the better

#14 12 years ago

TAF is my wife's and daughter's favorite game. I sold the first one I had, and ended up buying them another one a year later. I will probably be in deep doo-doo if I sell or trade this one.

#15 12 years ago

BBH, FT, Nascar, and NF

#16 12 years ago

I voted AFM, TZ, TAF, SS, IJ. seems like a balanced mix for both pinheads and casual players.

#17 12 years ago

Holy crap. Negative, Ghostrider. Pattern is full.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

I voted AFM, TZ, TAF, SS, IJ. seems like a balanced mix for both pinheads and casual players.

I am starting to warm up to this idea. I want to love LOTR. I really do. I know I should. But I don't. I can swap it for the nicest IJ I have ever seen.

#19 12 years ago

None of them looked great to me.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

agree would sub a j pop for taf , probably cv, but totan or tom solid also

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-of-these-lineups-is-the-best-mix-of-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.