New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 41750)

Which of these deserves to be in the top 10 the most?

By Astropin

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Astropin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one deserves to be in the top10 the most?”

• STTNG 54 votes
    20%
  • SS 17 votes
    6%
  • AC/DC Premium 63 votes
    23%
  • CV 16 votes
    6%
  • White Water 37 votes
    13%
  • TSPP 25 votes
    9%
  • FH 14 votes
    5%
  • CFTBL 18 votes
    7%
  • TRON 31 votes
    11%

(275 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

alice_smoke.gif
images.jpeg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

For me it's heads & tails STTNG.

#2 7 years ago

ACDC....I feel its just a matter of time & it will crack the top 10

#3 7 years ago

Sorry for the double post....Pinside was messing up!

#4 7 years ago

AC/DC without question or hesitation.

Quoted from smassa:

ACDC....I feel its just a matter of time & it will crack the top 10

It should crack the Top 1.

#5 7 years ago

Both AC/DC and Tron should be sitting in the Top 5 easy.

#6 7 years ago

Hulk just smashed puny Angus and Flynn's face into one mangled mess!!!

images.jpeg

#7 7 years ago

Guess I'd go STTNG out of those. There's a few could be argued though...heavy hitters on there.

#8 7 years ago

cv is a top ten game

#9 7 years ago

I voted Tron in the poll but that is my current flavor of the week

AC/DC seemed good to me but I need more time on the table to say for sure.

STTNG, CV and TSPP are in my top 15

All of those games would be great in a collection.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hulk just smashed puny Angus and Flynn's face into one mangled mess!!!

Hulk tried but the balls got stuck under his arms as he went to throw a punch.

#11 7 years ago

Rudy is gonna run his mouth and Hulk is gonna twist his head off.

#12 7 years ago

acdc.

#13 7 years ago

For me it's def CV, but I realize that game is not for everyone

#14 7 years ago

That is a great lineup of games, I currently love STTNG, but I would side with Tron on this, but would be happy with any of the other options as well.

#16 7 years ago

Whitewater for me.

#17 7 years ago

I'm thinking about starting a petition on here for the winner of this poll (maybe the top two winners) to actually get them into the top ten.

Now I said petition.....but I really mean getting people to rate those machines and move them up.

I also think the winner of the other pole (or loser really) "Most overrated Pin in the top 10" should get rated by more people and get moved off the top 10.

I'm not talking about sabotaging the list.....I'm talking about people actively rating these pins where they think they should be. I think there are a lot of people who have not rated these pins.

OR, there are people who rated these pins a long time ago and now need to make adjustments to their own ratings based on how they feel about some of these newer pins or just how they feel about the pin after playing it for a while.

TOM and TOTAN are great pins......but they are just not better than STTNG or AC/DC or TRON.....they just aren't. (IMHO of course).

#18 7 years ago

I haven't rated any pins. I have some thoughts but to be fair I wanted to get more time on all of them. Some machines take time before they suck you in...TZ is an example of that for me

#19 7 years ago

CV and STTNG..... I am not a fan of new games being in the top. Just like pro sports, there should be a five year waiting period to get into the Hall of Fame (top 10)

Tron and ACDC are easily candidates for the list, but haven't been around long enough to be proven.

#20 7 years ago

Bump for more votes....

#21 7 years ago

I can't believe the Creech and TSPP have more votes than SS. You guys must all live in Colorado and currently have a serious case of the munchies.

#23 7 years ago

Vote (bump)!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

For me it's heads & tails STTNG.

I agree bec it is so different than the others and has great different features which are new and different.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

TOM and TOTAN are great pins......but they are just not better than STTNG or AC/DC or TRON.....they just aren't. (IMHO of course).

IMHO ToM and TotAN are not great pins

#26 7 years ago

All this love for STTNG really has me craving a game on one

#27 7 years ago

Looks like STTNG & AC/DC are running away with it. Nice!

#28 7 years ago

IM shoulda been in the list

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Looks like STTNG & AC/DC are running away with it. Nice!

Well, sure they are. You skewed the results by leaving BBH and Raven off the list.

#30 7 years ago

Anything/game could have been in that list. Those lists really don't mean anything as everyone has their own tastes and what makes up a great pin.
A real poll would be to see if people actually had the pins they are voting for?! People always think what they have is great (the higher the rating, the more it is worth...essentially).

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Anything/game could have been in that list. Those lists really don't mean anything as everyone has their own tastes and what makes up a great pin.
A real poll would be to see if people actually had the pins they are voting for?! People always think what they have is great (the higher the rating, the more it is worth...essentially).

Well most pin collectors don't own an MM but it's still #1 here.

#32 7 years ago

Interesting. When the votes are counted, yet again the best pin of all time comes up short. First against LOTR now against STTNG.

What's up with that?

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well most pin collectors don't own an MM but it's still #1 here.

True.
But that is what I mean.
I am an AMATEUR collector at best. I want a MM so bad it hurts sometimes - Funny thing is, I have never played one or even seen one in person? So why do I want it? I am a guinea pig to what the ratings say....kind of like wanting that 100" TV!!!

It's funny reading peoples ratings on particular machines...there are definite biases....

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I want a MM so bad it hurts sometimes

I felt this pain once. Bought it, played it, sold it and have never felt better.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I felt this pain once. Bought it, played it, sold it and have never felt better.

Must have bought low sold high?

#36 7 years ago

TSPP is the deepest game in all of pinball, even more than LOTR. TSPP is my pick.

#37 7 years ago

I voted for whitewater . The top ten list is full of mediocre games , so whitewater fits the list perfectly . If you want a list of the greatest games you need to look beyond the pinside top ten .

#38 7 years ago

Would be fun if pinside started a new top 100 rating, but kept the classic top 100 ratings, giving you the option which one you want your rating to be added to. Then display them side by side. (I dont think any game should ever get a perfect 10 or under a 3 but my thoughts are irrelevant I suppose....)

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

TSPP is the deepest game in all of pinball, even more than LOTR. TSPP is my pick.

Depth has nothing to do with how fun a pin is.....IMHO.

Really not a fan of TSPP.....at all. I really don't think it would make my top 100 list...........maybe it would.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Would be fun if pinside started a new top 100 rating, but kept the classic top 100 ratings, giving you the option which one you want your rating to be added to. Then display them side by side. (I dont think any game should ever get a perfect 10 or under a 3 but my thoughts are irrelevant I suppose....)

What I would like to see is the Top 100 list with all reviews over 9.5 removed and all reviews below 5.0 removed.

It would be VERY interesting to see how that shook out.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

reviews over 9.5

Except my TZ rating, right?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What I would like to see is the Top 100 list with all reviews over 9.5 removed and all reviews below 5.0 removed.
It would be VERY interesting to see how that shook out.

Then people would just rate them at 9.4 and 5.0 to make them count. The best way, IMO, would be to remove the top 10% and bottom 10% of votes. That would make more sense to me. Maybe someone has a better idea.

edit: unless you just mean for curiosity. That would be interesting to see.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Must have bought low sold high?

Not really. I paid $8500 and cleared slightly more than that when I sold it six months later.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

A real poll would be to see if people actually had the pins they are voting for?! People always think what they have is great

I own four pins on the list but voted for STTNG, which I don't own.

However, I still think what I have is great.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Depth has nothing to do with how fun a pin is.....IMHO.
Really not a fan of TSPP.....at all. I really don't think it would make my top 100 list...........maybe it would.

So true. Depth is nice, but it's not everything. Overall gameplay is the key. WH20 would get my vote in this poll, although I didn't vote b/c I haven't played most of the games on this list. WH20 is not particularly deep but the overall gameplay is way cool.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

A real poll would be to see if people actually had the pins they are voting for?! People always think what they have is great

Wait.

Wut?

You mean to tell me that people actually own pins that they *like*?!

Holy sh*t!!!

#47 7 years ago

If they really deserve to be in the top 10 then they would be there, guess they are not deserving of top 10 status.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I can't believe the Creech and TSPP have more votes than SS. You guys must all live in Colorado and currently have a serious case of the munchies.

You got that right!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Then people would just rate them at 9.4 and 5.0 to make them count. The best way, IMO, would be to remove the top 10% and bottom 10% of votes. That would make more sense to me. Maybe someone has a better idea.
edit: unless you just mean for curiosity. That would be interesting to see.

That's what I meant, a quick couple of filters added to all of current scores just to see what happens when you remove the ultra high scores simply because they thought it deserved to be higher on the list than it is. Then another filter to remove all the low ball scores people threw up because they thought it was rated too high on the list.

I think it would really make some interesting changes and probably be A LOT more accurate on how people really feel about these pins.

Bottom line is I think the current list is polluted with bogus scores.....knowingly bogus scores.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
$ 189.99
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dayton, OH
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 10.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Southbury, CT
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Machine - For Sale
College Park, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside