(Topic ID: 260299)

Which of these bands would make a good pinball theme?

By o-din

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Redfive05
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which band pin would you have to have?”

• April Wine 2 votes
      1%
    • REO Speedwagon 4 votes
      1%
    • Styx 24 votes
      8%
    • Def Leppard 36 votes
      11%
    • Suicidal Tendencies 25 votes
      8%
    • None of the above 225 votes
      71%
    • All of the above 1 vote

(317 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index.png
    giphy.gif
    CF52B5A6-23D5-462C-8F7D-B9BA01A132D5 (resized).jpeg
    3n48yv (resized).jpg
    il_570xN.1975698856_tthv (resized).jpg
    06b5a224f80a42b6cfad3d7a3826d217 (resized).jpg
    BOC (resized).jpg
    14A3F3A6-3E14-4C57-BF6A-95A65A50F1A3 (resized).jpeg
    20200122_213050 (resized).jpg
    20200122_213027 (resized).jpg
    20200122_212118 (resized).jpg
    20200122_212258 (resized).jpg
    20200122_212317 (resized).jpg
    7E1AE0F3-EC97-4B7E-ADC1-E6600277F1BB (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    Ozzy-Osbourne-Sharon-Osbourne-pictures-cane-2241385 (resized).jpg
    There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

And which would make you want to buy it sight unseen? Check poll for options.

#2 4 years ago

None of the above for me.

#4 4 years ago

Styx Mr. Roboto super mode!!

#5 4 years ago

LOL @ the list

MAYBE ST. But I’d have to see it first. “possessed to skate” mode could be awesome!

How about a Ghost pin? They have the name recognition, lots of preexisting media, the characters, the songs..

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL @ the list

They all come from an era that seems most popular with pinside and modern pinball manufacturers.

#7 4 years ago

Aside from maybe Def Leppard, I don’t think any of those bands have broad enough appeal. I even think Def Leppard is a bit of a stretch in terms of appeal.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Aside from maybe Def Leppard, I don’t think any of those bands have broad enough appeal.

They still seem to appeal to at least some broads.
    005_leppard_journey-1080x720 (resized).jpg005_leppard_journey-1080x720 (resized).jpg

#9 4 years ago

None here. The Crue or VH would be my picks. They just seem more upbeat for pinball playing imo. Both for modern layout and toys of course.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

The Crue or VH would be my picks. They just seem more upbeat for pinball playing imo. Both for modern layout and toys of course.

Yes. A miniature of this guy on the playfield would be a great modern bash toy.
    5d7a5d3981a71.image (resized).jpg5d7a5d3981a71.image (resized).jpg

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The still seem to appeal to at least some broads.[quoted image]

Haha. Good one!

#12 4 years ago

Forgot Bay City Rollers on your pole... lol

#13 4 years ago

Ozzy and Megadeth would make amazing games.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphelman:

Ozzy and Megadeth would make amazing games.

He sure looks up to the task.

Ozzy-Osbourne-Sharon-Osbourne-pictures-cane-2241385 (resized).jpgOzzy-Osbourne-Sharon-Osbourne-pictures-cane-2241385 (resized).jpg
    #15 4 years ago

Styx with an lcd crystal ball on the playfield

#16 4 years ago

Zappa

Sabbath

2 Machines I'd buy.

#17 4 years ago

I'd love to see a grateful dead pin!

#18 4 years ago

Suicidal tendencies
    Also
    Wu tang clan

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He sure looks up to the task.[quoted image]

Stage 2 Parkinson's

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He sure looks up to the task.[quoted image]

Ozzy "Crazy Train" 40th Anniversary Pro edition!

#21 4 years ago

The Who-

Hope I die before I get old never going to buy it edition.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes. A miniature of this guy on the playfield would be a great modern bash toy.
    [quoted image]

Yeah maybe like a Mick on a Stick bash toy.

#23 4 years ago

RAGE!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Stage 2 Parkinson's

Guy has been shaking uncontrollably on TV for like 15+ years...how did it take this long to diagnose?

#25 4 years ago

For the six that picked Styx in the poll so far, there is always hope.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For the six that picked Styx in the poll so far, there is always hope.

On one hand JY & Tommy would never want anything to do with Dennis again, nope not gonna happen no fucking way. They hate him, hate what he did to the band, and haven't been close to doing anything "Styx" with him in over 20 years.

On the other hand, I assume the guys from Styx need beer monies so yeah it could happen.

#27 4 years ago

I actually saw Styx play with April Wine in the late 70s at Anaheim Convention Center. We took a couple girls from school.

They started playing Lady and my buddy got up and started to leave. "Where are you going?" He said "seems like a good time to go take a leak".

#28 4 years ago

Korn

Black Sabbath

#29 4 years ago

Jim Dandy and Black Oak Arkansas would sell well in the South. I saw them like 4 times and then one day asked Why?

#30 4 years ago

Hard to believe no votes for REO. I saw them like four times live and kinda ask myself why. Oh yeah, they were the warmup band.

#31 4 years ago

I vote for the Beatles. Just consider the one that they made to be a false start or a misstep.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I vote for the Beatles. Just consider the one that they made to be a false start or a misstep.

Yep, I might have been more impressed if there was a little more "I am the Walrus", and a little less "I wanna hold your hand"

I had to play that game for 15 minutes just to get to Taxman.

#33 4 years ago

FTW...REO Speedwagon!

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

FTW...REO Speedwagon!

For you, my friend.

#35 4 years ago

Ministry

#36 4 years ago

30th anniversary Mind.... for sure. Couldn't get into much of the pure speed metal it turned into myself.

#37 4 years ago

Just make a Juke Box Pin, and let us tie in our own music....

#38 4 years ago

wow, are any mentioned even worth a pin?

Quoted from TheLaw:

On one hand JY & Tommy would never want anything to do with Dennis again, nope not gonna happen no fucking way. They hate him, hate what he did to the band, and haven't been close to doing anything "Styx" with him in over 20 years.
    On the other hand, I assume the guys from Styx need beer monies so yeah it could happen.

actually both on tour right now, small venues.

#39 4 years ago

I know which one would get this for a topper.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
    #40 4 years ago
    7E1AE0F3-EC97-4B7E-ADC1-E6600277F1BB (resized).png7E1AE0F3-EC97-4B7E-ADC1-E6600277F1BB (resized).png
    #41 4 years ago

I'm always going to vote for Rush. They were into industrial steam punk before it was cool. I picture an R40 pin where you start with minimal features, chimes, mechanical scoring and dead bumpers. As you progress through the game, bumpers come to life, more of the play field lights up, sounds become 8-bit versions of Rush songs and scoring goes to S/S electronic style. If you really wind it up, the DMD/CRT comes to life, the base drum bash toy rises out of the play field and an upper level opens up. And the stereo kicks in. Loud. Imagine that, gentlemen and ladies. A time machine based pin that gets more modern with good play. Thats my dream. "GeFilter multi-ball!!!!"

Shawn

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Guy has been shaking uncontrollably on TV for like 15+ years...how did it take this long to diagnose?

That was at the time blamed on his overprescribed medication and the fact that he later admitted he was high on the show quite a lot

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I know which one would get this for a topper.[quoted image]

The one and only: MJ

#44 4 years ago

I have a confession to make.................

And I still don't want a game based on anyof these bands.
    20200122_212118 (resized).jpg20200122_212118 (resized).jpg20200122_212258 (resized).jpg20200122_212258 (resized).jpg20200122_212317 (resized).jpg20200122_212317 (resized).jpg20200122_213027 (resized).jpg20200122_213027 (resized).jpg20200122_213050 (resized).jpg20200122_213050 (resized).jpg

Don't make me go deeper into the vinyl archive.

#45 4 years ago

Whenever this is brought up we should have some selection criteria.

Mine is they should be award winning, popular in ‘80s and 90’s, some surprise hits this millennium. A cult following and still touring. I think this artist fits all of those categories.

14A3F3A6-3E14-4C57-BF6A-95A65A50F1A3 (resized).jpeg14A3F3A6-3E14-4C57-BF6A-95A65A50F1A3 (resized).jpeg
    #46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I'm always going to vote for Rush. They were into industrial steam punk before it was cool. I picture an R40 pin where you start with minimal features, chimes, mechanical scoring and dead bumpers. As you progress through the game, bumpers come to life, more of the play field lights up, sounds become 8-bit versions of Rush songs and scoring goes to S/S electronic style. If you really wind it up, the DMD/CRT comes to life, the base drum bash toy rises out of the play field and an upper level opens up. And the stereo kicks in. Loud. Imagine that, gentlemen and ladies. A time machine based pin that gets more modern with good play. Thats my dream. "GeFilter multi-ball!!!!"

Shawn

I would also like a Rush pin and like your ideas. But if it were to be released in 2020 it could be an R45 pin as this would be their 45th anniversary 5 years after their R40 tour! I would buy it sight unseen.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I would also like a Rush pin and like your ideas. But if it were to be released in 2020 it could be an R45 pin as this would be their 45th anniversary 5 years after their R40 tour! I would buy it sight unseen.

Ditto, nuff said.

#49 4 years ago

Weird Al should be a Pin Theme and the ONLY act allowed to play at the Superbowl Halftime Show.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For you, my friend.

trash pop

golden country all day......

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-of-these-bands-would-make-a-good-pinball-theme?hl=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.